Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Hi, my name is Jenn and..... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/hi-my-name-jenn-38146/)

Alaskastamper 03-24-2005 05:19 PM

Hi, my name is Jenn and.....

I haven't stamped since January. :shock:

I just don't have any motivation. My desk is cleaned off and ready to go. My stamps are all organized, my paper is cut and filed, the floor is cleaned and the trash can is empty.

What happened??!!?!

rachelscloset 03-24-2005 05:23 PM

Umm, you live in Alaska and it is dark all the time right now so you are not motivated??? Seriously, my sister lives in Anchorage so I know it takes a tough person to be able to stay there in the winter. My suggestion, think of something to do - like make a set of cards as a gift for a teacher or for a birthday for a relative. Then look through this site and CASE!! That should get the creative juices flowing again. I think you get motivated when you have a goal or reason to stamp. Just my .02:)

camsmom 03-24-2005 05:23 PM

wow :shock:

How about sending something to a friend you haven't seen in a while? Maybe that will help? :wink:

witty5 03-24-2005 05:24 PM

I know what happen! Your room is TOO clean. :lol: If my room was that organized I wouldn't want to touch it & have to clean it all back up again!!

mschoener 03-24-2005 05:35 PM

Join a swap. :D Choose a challenge. :D If you give yourself a deadline, then that maybe will give you the motivation to do something. Just a thought.

stampinvicki 03-24-2005 05:49 PM

Definitely join a swap!! It will get you motivated.

showmestamper 03-24-2005 05:54 PM

Do a challenge, any challenge! :D :D :D

Sereikastamper 03-24-2005 06:13 PM

Jenn make and send five cards to the troops... they will love it!!! LOL ;) ok ok shameless plug!! But comeon!!! I want to hit 10000!!!

Inkalicious 03-24-2005 06:33 PM

Hey Jenn- Forget stampin, and make background papers!! Get dirty! Squirt reinklers onto glossy and finger paint! Or stay clean and do reinkers in acetate. use the wheels in versamark then dust on Pearl-Ex. When I dont feel like actually using the stamps, I start playin around with the inks and Direct to Paper, embossing then and such. That usually inspires me to figure out a stamp set and what I want the whole thing to look like.
Good Luck!
Tandra

northernstamper 03-24-2005 06:49 PM

Hi my nam is Jenn and...

Or just go read a book. Do something totally unstamp related. It'll come back.

Michelle Laycock 03-24-2005 06:55 PM

Oh Jenn!!!

Here catch! I'm throwing you some motivation! Did you get it?

You poor thing! Come on! Just sit down and make something. Anything! Even if it turns out really bad! At least it may help inspire you!

ScrappingStampingMama 03-24-2005 06:58 PM

Look through your stamp sets and find one you have never used or have used very little. Then come here and look at all of the ideas using that set and case a couple of your favorites. You can recreate it exactly as you see it so there is no thinking. You don't have to rack your brain for ideas just copy it exactly as it is. Then you will find your own inspiration to tweak an idea and eventually you will come up with your own ideas. I love this site for the inspiration. I have tried things that would never have occured to me until I have seen it!

Good Luck,
Cassie

Denise Jimenez 03-24-2005 07:20 PM

Hi Jenn- It is time to Plan- I know Plan your July 4th cards- Make enough for everyone at work all your frients and all your family. Use white as your base- It is cheaper, Use real red and Navy blue as your layers. This means ypu may have to place an order with your demo- or if you are a demo - go for it. Plan what your stamp set will be and what technique you will be using. I like the idea of background paper- Stars and swirls are good- Maybe some pearl-x for the shimmer of the stars and fireworks. Come on you can do it- sometimes I feel stymied- so I just play. I also keep a list in front of me with birthdays of co-workers friends and family members- They get 1 of a kind cards-The other cards like Christmas are sort of assembly line, but I do them way ahead of time and keep them in large plastic containers. It really feels good to know others appreciate your art. In fact it really feels good to give. SnaP out iof it Girl! D

Alaskastamper 03-24-2005 08:17 PM

I just got my mail and my Joy of Stamping was in the mail, so I am going to search for something to case. Think about me everyone!

mschoener 03-24-2005 08:21 PM

Post it to the thread when you're done. We want to see what you've created. :D

Alaskastamper 03-24-2005 10:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is what I made:

nightscrapper 03-24-2005 10:46 PM

Everything is too organized and clean, that's what happened!!

marlo

wozi14 03-25-2005 02:24 AM

It's wonderful!

Ok....

Now don't stop...keeeeep going!!!

and

ENJOY!!!

Happy Stamping to you!

kathynruss 03-25-2005 03:13 AM

Neato

Hi, Jenn. Cute little purse. Anything in it? A folded $5 for a kid or little love note for your SO.

You can join the RAK group. That'll motivate you. 8)

kahoogstad 03-25-2005 03:25 AM

ooooo! Great job! See, you've still got it girl! Keep it up!

CrabbyAbbe 03-25-2005 03:48 AM

I find that the challenges get me motivated, and we have one for each day of the week now (except for the weekends)