Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Help!! Watercolor Wonder Crayons Tin (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/help-watercolor-wonder-crayons-tin-174151/)

Palapala 08-13-2006 05:30 PM

Help!! Watercolor Wonder Crayons Tin

My step-daughter sat on my current project and Watercolor Wonder Crayons!! I was at my MIL's, set my project down for 5 minutes to go look in her stamp room with her, came back out and DSD quickly got up from my chair. She was on the couch when I walked out and for some reason decided my chair filled with my things was a great place to relocate her butt!! She's 14 and tiny, but her tiny hiney left a big dent right in the middle of my tin and broke the hinges. Luckily no crayons broke - but, I'm very protective of my stuff and now the tin is ruined. Dh tried to fix it, but its a goner.

Anyone have a differnt way of storing their WWC? Anyone want to sell me their tin? Any idea where I can get a new tin? I just got these at the beginning of July and am just heartbroken. I am very AR about the condition of my stamps and accessories.

Thanks for your help and letting me whine/vent.

billsbrowneyedgirl 08-13-2006 05:48 PM

Sorry, I can't help ya, and this did make me smile, (even tho it made you a little sad, ) but the tiny hiney phrase just got me.

TyDyMom 08-13-2006 06:13 PM

I got my WWC last year and the tin was bent slightly from shipping. It never did close properly and I was afraid to travel with it because it didn't stay shut. I ended up splitting the set up into color families into 4 different Stamp & Supply boxes (the extra-small size). 12 crayons fit in one perfectly and now I can bring just one color family with me if I'm doing a demonstration or going to a crop.

I, also, am a bit AR but I'm much happier now and use my WWC much more often.

~donna

Palapala 08-13-2006 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyDyMom
I got my WWC last year and the tin was bent slightly from shipping. It never did close properly and I was afraid to travel with it because it didn't stay shut. I ended up splitting the set up into color families into 4 different Stamp & Supply boxes (the extra-small size). 12 crayons fit in one perfectly and now I can bring just one color family with me if I'm doing a demonstration or going to a crop.

I, also, am a bit AR but I'm much happier now and use my WWC much more often.

~donna

That's a good idea - are they in the SU catty or do I need to look else where? I guess I was/am so disappointed my brain won't think of any alternatives. Thanks!

birdbrain 08-13-2006 06:39 PM

I have heard that there have been just the tins listed for auction on Ebay...you might want to check it out.

Lisa

Novell 08-13-2006 06:49 PM

At Staples I saw a plastic, generic crayon box. Would the WWC fit in those maybe? You could break them into color groups and they'd probably be more secure. The crayon box had actual bumps in it where each crayon would go. They wouldn't roll around onto each other.

psychkim 08-13-2006 07:48 PM

I have actually had good luck posting on the "sale/trade" board on this site. You can just post...in search of...

People are so nice on this board and it covers so many people that I would atleast try it :)

TJStamper 08-13-2006 08:27 PM

How bad is the tin? My tin closes just fine but I have a wide rubber band around it because I had heard stories of them falling open and WWC going all over everywhere. Could you rubber band it together?

Also, the Stampin' Supply Boxes are a really good idea too ... and yes, you can purchase them from the SU! Catty.

I'm sorry your tin was crushed .. amazing the damage those tiny hinies can do, huh? My DS sat on my new pack of background papers and every single sheet has a crease in it now ... and he's only 3 so that was a TEENY tiny hiney!

malindaplace 08-14-2006 02:41 AM

My WWC tin was similarly damaged, but in shipping because it was put in the bottom of a huge box of stamps and paper. SU! replaced it. Get your demo to ask if replacement tins are still available. You may be able to purchase one.

Personally, I'd like to know if the new color-family tins can be purchased. I'd love to repackage mine more securely, but I want to stay with a tin.

Palapala 08-14-2006 06:47 AM

Thanks for all the advice. I did email SU's CS, so I'll see what happens. If not, I currently have a rubber band around it. Just sad because it looked so pretty sitting on the table. I'm more upset about the dent in the tin than the dent in the car door from her bike!! :rolleyes: