Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-31-2005, 07:44 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What SIZE cards do you sell?

For personal use I make the standard quarter sheet of cardstock size cards (4.25 by 5.50) for everything. Now if I were to sell them would people find that too small? The quarter sheet size seems fine for note cards and thank you's but ... do people expect Birthday Cards, Sympathy cards, etc to be larger? I notice there are several envelope sizes available in the catalog, but no ready made blank cards in different sizes. A 1/2 sheet of cardstock card seems to be too large and I am not sure how to get a 6X6 card ...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2005, 10:11 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

The cards I sell are the regular folded over 1/2 sheet that fit the standard envelopes. I think sometimes bigger cards will cost the customer extra postage to send. I have NEVER had anyone comment that my cards are too small!

HTH

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2005, 10:35 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Sizes

Quote:

Originally Posted by bemidjibelle
I think sometimes bigger cards will cost the customer extra postage to send. HTH
Sue
Information from US Postal Service
The minimum size for First-Class Mail is 5 inches long, 3.5 inches high, and 0.007 inch thick.
The maximum size for First-Class Mail is 11.5 inches long, 6.125 inches high, and .25 inches thick.
Other info I gleaned: There is an extra charge for square (non-machinable) envelopes. There is an extra charge if you put the address parallel to the short end of the envelope, also non-machinable.
Quote:

Originally Posted by INGonzalez
The quarter sheet size seems fine for note cards and thank you's but ... do people expect Birthday Cards, Sympathy cards, etc to be larger?
Notecards (blank inside), I have sold in bundles of 10 or 12. Those are normally the quarter sheets. Sometimes, just to have a "special" card I make 5x7s, but I don't think that people expect it. Having sold my pottery for a few years, I learned that youneed to make what you like and you will find someone who will like what you made. If you try too hard to please all the people who might come by, you lose your own perspective.
God's Blessings, Garnet
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2005, 04:11 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Default Thanks ladies ...

the info about the extra postage on square cards was especially helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2005, 04:19 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked with my local Post Office about sizes just a few days ago. They said that for first class mail, the following are the minimum and maximum sizes you can send without having to pay EXTRA:

3 1/2" x 5" minimum
6 " x 11" maximum

Anything square, regardless of whether it falls within the minimum/maximum range or not, is an additional 12 cents if it is under 1 oz. --- in other words, a square card and envelope (like a 6 x 6) weighing less than one ounce would cost a total of 49 cents to send.
Reply With Quote Likes