Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   HELP!! Spinner Card (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/help-spinner-card-12997/)

Technique_Freak 10-18-2004 07:39 AM

HELP!! Spinner Card

My Stamp Club (which meets tonight) is making a spinner card TONIGHT! I just uploaded this Santa spinner card - (see my gallery). When I cut the slit 1/4" wide - the spinner doesn't seem to work. So I cut it a little bigger. You have to play with it several times before it starts working. Is this normal - or did is do something wrong???

I noticed that the Stampin' Dimensionals are not as thick as they used to be. Is anyone else having problems with spinner cards with the thinner dimensionals?

Thanks SOOOOoooooo much!

hb_001 10-18-2004 07:55 AM

I would guess that you need to cut the slot just a hair wider. That seems to help those that I have made. I have used the thicker pop dots, so I don't know if the thinner ones are a problem.

MoberKitty 10-18-2004 07:56 AM

From the ones I've done, this seems to be normal. I usually cut mine just under 3/4 of an inch. And, yes, I discovered that the new dimensionals don't work very well for spinner cards. I picked some others up at Hobby Lobby that are 1/8 inch thick and use those for the middle two so the spinner actually spins. The dimensionals work fine for the four corners.

--danita

JoyOfStamping 10-18-2004 08:07 AM

In an earlier post about spinner cards, it was mentioned that Joleen meant to put 1/2" instead of 1/4 inch. That's usually about the size I cut the slits. Hope that works for you!

Stanphs 10-18-2004 08:16 AM

We did the spinner cards at my last camp and discovered a "little secret". If you put a pop dot on the back of the card of the slit piece right in the middle of the slit - it will spin much better (put the pop dot down far enough that the penny won't catch on it). I think it lifts the cardstock up just enough that the pennies spin much easier. Also, make sure your pop dot is really small on the pennies - giving the pennies more room to move.

Hope this makes sense and helps a little.

got ink 10-18-2004 08:20 AM

Margaret Raburn taught us spinner cards at our last group meeting and I really liked how she did the slit, she use the 1/2" punch at both ends and then cut out inbetween the 1/2" punch with a craft blade or personal paper trimmer. It looks very clean a works really well. You might also put extra dimensionals at the end and/or in the middle of your track (not to close that the pennies will bump them) to help hold the cardstock up and the pennines will roll better. Thanks Margaret for teaching us so well!
Gayle - "got ink"

MichelleY 10-18-2004 01:14 PM

I don't like how the dimensionals are not perfect circles. I picked up circle pop dots at one of the hobby stores and they work great. I'm still using the dimensionals to hold the top layer of CS up.

Michelle

rejofeb 10-18-2004 04:46 PM

Hi,

would someone share their instructions for the spinner card. i can't seem to retrieve them from the site. TIA
pat