Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Help request (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/help-request-36911/)

stampinsusie 03-20-2005 05:16 AM

Help request

2 Attachment(s)
I am fairly new to the stamping world. Many times I struggle with design and placement of images and embellishments. I made a card this morning that needs something but I don't know what. The top of it is boring. I've thought about adding a small butterfly to the flower. I CASE'd the technique from a beautiful card Diane Vander Galien put in the gallery this morning. I would really appreciate some suggestions. TIA. Sue

TyDyMom 03-20-2005 05:25 AM

I think your card is beautiful! If you think the top is boring, maybe you could add a couple brads or eyelets along the folded-over part?

kimilou 03-20-2005 05:26 AM

I'm having a little trouble figuring out the tan color across the top- is it folded over? If so, I believe I'd remove that fold and then I think a butterfly flying above and to one side of the flower would be great!. If you don't want to remove the "folded " part how about adding eyelets or brads to it ( odd number-3 works great) HTH!

barbwire802 03-20-2005 05:29 AM

I agree , it's great, but if I did anything to it, I'd maybe add eyelets or brads to the top too.
Barb :D

camsmom 03-20-2005 05:33 AM

or you could slide the ribbon over the fold :D

pinkhedgehog 03-20-2005 05:46 AM

Or....put a butterfly on the fold, wings bent up, kind of 3D.

creeklife 03-20-2005 05:52 AM

Maybe make your bow a tad smaller so that it doesn't overpower the size of the flower? That is if you don't move it!! I think your card is lovely, love the color choices.

stampinsusie 03-20-2005 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
or you could slide the ribbon over the fold :D

Okay, the hemp is now on the top and now sentiment looks like it should be in the middle - which I can't do, obviously. So, I'm thinking about doing the butterfly suggestion on the vellum on the right. I tried placing some brads on the vellum but they are too big. This card is for a gal that is critically ill and I really wanted to be able to send her something special.

Thank you for all of your terrific ideas. If I finish it I'll post the final pic. Otherwise it may go in the trash.
Sue

stampinwife 03-20-2005 05:58 AM

I agree with camsmom. I would put the bow over the folded part. I would also make it a bit smaller--it's to over-powering to the beautiful flower. You've done a great job! I love the card.

stuffybaby 03-20-2005 06:13 AM

very pretty!!!

billsbrowneyedgirl 03-20-2005 06:20 AM

Of course I can't see the hemp up at the top, but I think that would look very nice, and as for the sentiment not looking centered, I often don't center mine, in fact, I probably have use them more off set than centered.
ALSO- We are our worst critic's :wink: I am sure your friend will love the card. How sweet of you for wanting to make her something special.

HB 03-20-2005 06:37 AM

Such a beautiful card - maybe you could tear the edge of the folded part on top, that could soften it a bit.
Carol

stampinsusie 03-20-2005 06:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
AAAAccckk!!! :shock:

It's gone from bad to worse. I decided to cut the sentiment off of the vellum. Than I was going to stamp the sentiment on the Kraft. Well, it stamped crooked. So I covered that up with EE and stamped on a smaller piece of Kraft and attached that. I stamped a butterfly on vellum, cut it, and bent the wings as someone said.

I actually think I've ruined it now because of cutting the vellum. I also made the bow smaller as suggested and I like it better. Tearing the paper on top might improve it as well. Thanks everyone. I have no idea if I'll send this or not. I'll leave it alone for a while and see if my mind changes.
Sue

jm_donahoe 03-20-2005 06:53 AM

I really love both samples! Thank you for sharing them!

yvonne62 03-20-2005 07:35 AM

I really like the changes you've made. The hemp over the fold is really nice, and so is the butterfly. I'd be happy to receive a card like that!

mschoener 03-20-2005 07:51 AM

I think the changes you made are great! It's a very pretty card and your friend, I'm sure, will treasure it.

Ronda Nix 03-20-2005 08:01 AM

It is lovely. I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled to get it.
Ronda

joy3ce 03-20-2005 08:02 AM

I really love the changes! It looks great and your friend will love to receive it.

Inkalicious 03-20-2005 08:03 AM

I like it too! Visually though, I would trim the purple mat around the sentiment from the top and bottom of it. It looks to big for the white sentiment peice. It overpowers the image. Then I think you will be set and happy!!
Tandra

shamman 03-20-2005 08:11 AM

I really love the finishing touches! This card really pops! Great Job!!!!!
especially love the butterfly!

cpw3431 03-20-2005 08:23 AM

I really like the way it has turned out. Just a suggestion if you are still unhappy. Sponging some of the edges, or possibly a few LIGHT itty bitties. Maybe around the thinking of you.

But, as I said it is a very nice card!