Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-24-2006, 03:32 PM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Default Help needed from those familiar with TAC

Hello all! I have decided to take the plunge and become a TAC demo. While I adore SU (and will probably stick with their inks and CS), the TAC minimums are so easy for a hobby demo to meet and I love the unmounted stamps.

Going through the catalog there were tons of sets I adored (although not as long as my SU wishlist, but I'm not sure how much of that is personal style, and how much is knowing how many amazing samples I have seen here) and I made my kit.

Making a starter kit for TAC is really hard because they don't give you suggestions of where to start. I am mainly planning to do this as a hobby demo, but I do kind of want to sell- so I want a good all around set, just in case I do workshops.

Tell me what you think of my stamp choices? Is it diverse? Would you recommend something else?

I chose:
More One Liners
Hip Hardware
Alpha-Tiles
Pressed Flowers
My Honey
Just Journaling
Hello Seasons

So I think I have the following things covered: phrases, letters, flowers, outdoors, scrapbooking, and miscellaneous. I don't stamp Christmas, so I'm skipping that. Hip Hardware is at a price point where there were lots of things I liked but hardware is so IN right now, and it seems like embossing this stamp would save a lot of money in accessories.

I picked Just Journaling because I am incapable of journaling in straight lines- I also had a hard time finding 2 $19.95 sets. Most of the ones I liked were $10.95 and $15.95 (I guess that bodes well for the future.) Do you think this is a useful stamp- or a silly purchase?

What about the alphabet choice? I love the scrabble tiles and see it on both cards and pages? Do you think it's versatile enough?

Lastly- what are the differences between Impress and Tombow markers? I like the Impress colors better, and you get more- but is one better than the other? They are both double tipped- correct.

Sorry I'm incapable of making any sort of decision without help of others- but I really really appreciate it. I'm so excited to get my wings!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Congrats on your decision!! Make sure you check out A Shade of Blue for more information too! Here is the link.
http://www.ashadeofblue.net/Boards/p...4d946a24a2baca

I think you made good choices. Just Journaling is a good choice. I use that alot for scrapbooking.
If you like the sets, and you will use them yourself, then get them. You can always get other sets you like later. (you know you will! lol)
Old 07-24-2006, 03:51 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Oh, and both sets of markers are dual tipped. I have both Impress and Tombo, and I actually like both.....but Tombos seem to be preferred by others the most.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:06 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

I personally love the tombow. Impress is just way too bright & bold for me.

I love the sets you picked out. You have a great selection! Congrats & welcome to the famiyl!!!

Awna