Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   help me please in need to design a formal invitation for a mystery dinner (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/help-me-please-need-design-formal-invitation-mystery-dinner-180820/)

alashly 09-05-2006 06:54 PM

help me please in need to design a formal invitation for a mystery dinner

i need to design an invitation for a large charity orginization it is a mystery dinner. it is for all the people who give BIG donations so it needs to bee fancy yet some how stick to the theme i have searched the catalog for ideas but i cant even find a stamp set that even slightly resembles something i could use. can anyone offer some advice i neede the initial card designed by thurs to show them.:confused:

alashly 09-05-2006 07:04 PM

oh by the way it cant be to complicated cuz i have to make LOTS of them

sassybee 09-05-2006 07:12 PM

Does the mystery dinner have a theme? What is the setting of the mystery?

kelly.sutterfield 09-05-2006 07:15 PM

You can do a search in the gallery. Just click on the Gallery link at the top right of the page, then when it comes up, type in Invitation in the Search box.
Here is a nice one for a Wine Tasting that looks fairly simple, yet elegant.
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=319514&si=invitation&perpage=48

alashly 09-05-2006 07:15 PM

I asked the same thing and she said no the mystery is that someone at the dineer is "murdered" and the guests have to figure it out

KvilleGirl 09-05-2006 08:46 PM

My company had one of those and the guests are not supposed to know in advance that a murder is supposed to happen. So IMO you can choose whatever you like that looks formal. What if you think of it as more like a wedding invite? Use a flat sheet of cardstock stamp a BG (or whatever) and type up the info in a pretty font on a computer and print them on vellum and attach to the cardstock with a ribbon through both layers. No matter what you decide, I suggest getting someone to help you assemble your cards. Make it a party and get some of the party planning committee involved. HTH.

BasketMom 09-05-2006 08:49 PM

for some reason, the Haute Couture set comes to mind - the dress is fancy and with stickles or something, it could be modified to be a formal invite.

maybe the title on the front of the card could be "who did it?" maybe use some question marks in the background??

post your card to this thread later so we can see what you did, if you wouldn't mind; I'm curious to see what you do.

JulieHRR 09-06-2006 07:01 AM

KITTT

nmslmomto3 09-06-2006 07:04 AM

I agree with the wedding idea (formal like that), using black and white, or possibly red. You can find some very nice black and white examples in the gallery. And yes, GET help with assembly! I just finished 60 wedding announcements, and did them all by myself! NEVER again!