Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Help me perfect this swap card, please (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/help-me-perfect-swap-card-please-179719/)

AprilJP 09-01-2006 04:05 PM

Help me perfect this swap card, please

Ladies, I'm in a swap with other demos and need to make 55 cards whose main color is garden green. I put my basic layout in the gallery and got some good ideas. Now I've posted three similar versions of the souped up card.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...56378&cat=6564

I don't have enough buttons to do buttons on all the cards. Does the flower punch look ok? What about the Silver marker on the flower & the celery piece? Do they all still need something? Do I need to put a silver brad at the top of the celery piece? Should I NOT corner punch the celery piece? Are the three color variations ok?

Sorry for all the questions, but I stamp alone and my husband is color-blind. Thanks for your help!

LateBlossom 09-01-2006 04:37 PM

All three of them are lovely cards! I do prefer the flower punch to the buttons, though I'm not sure why. The higher contrast of the bravo burgundy gives the top card more punch, I think. A silver brad might make a nice visual triangle with the staple and flower center. Give it a go!

HTH!

SCEmily 09-01-2006 06:23 PM

I think they look great! I like the one with the flower punch better. Very pretty!

greengem32 09-01-2006 06:28 PM

I agree with the burgandy flower punch also. It draws attention to the card.
Good luck with the cards.
Thanks,
Kelley

degrffn 09-01-2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossom
All three of them are lovely cards! I do prefer the flower punch to the buttons, though I'm not sure why. The higher contrast of the bravo burgundy gives the top card more punch, I think. A silver brad might make a nice visual triangle with the staple and flower center. Give it a go!

HTH!

I agree. I also think it might look nice if you didn't corner punch the celery piece - it would make the tag more "special", but if you decide to leave it, I still think it looks very nice. I think the flower goes with the whole green-leaf theme you have going on better than the buttons.
Pretty card!

Kris McGinn 09-01-2006 06:36 PM

I like the one with the flower as well. The deep red makes much more of a punch than the other two. I would leave it as it is - great card!

diane617 09-01-2006 06:37 PM

I like the flower punch better. I might make the writing piece a strip all the way across the card, instead of the tag shape. I do like the color combo and that's why I like the flower. It just pops. Diane

AprilJP 09-01-2006 07:43 PM

Hmmm, not the response I expected. Seems my buttons would be put to better use elsewhere & I should just punch the flowers to use.
Anyone else want to weigh in on the tag punch corners?

StampinHappyInCT 09-01-2006 09:02 PM

I think the flower (and the buttons) gets lost on the card. I really don't think you need it.
I would stamp French Script on the card itself (Garden Green), make the Certainly Celery piece a narrow strip that goes across the card (horizontally) and stamp that with the leaf stamp. The layered tag is fine; I would layer that at an angle like you have it on top of the Certainly Celery piece.

I hope this makes sense.

LovinTX 09-01-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'HappyInCT
I think the flower (and the buttons) gets lost on the card. I really don't think you need it.
I would stamp French Script on the card itself (Garden Green), make the Certainly Celery piece a narrow strip that goes across the card (horizontally) and stamp that with the leaf stamp. The layered tag is fine; I would layer that at an angle like you have it on top of the Certainly Celery piece.

I hope this makes sense.

I like this idea of putting the french script as the background on the garden greeen. I do like the the burgundy contrast and I do like the flower punch.

Kamioshi 09-01-2006 11:00 PM

I really do like the contrast of the Bravo Burgundy with the greens. I also like the idea of having a horizontal element to counter/emphasize the vetical tag. Personally, I tend to work in threes, so I would add another small Bravo element - maybe an eyelet on the Celery tag? I am looking for card ideas and am inspired by this one... So I'm signing off to give it a try.:D

Thanks for the inspiration and good luck.

Karen

beccasuehi 09-02-2006 12:01 AM

I love all three cards and posted my first comment in your gallery. I like the one with the flower on it as it's something a little different. All of the suggestions that have been offered are doable as well.