Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-26-2006, 05:39 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default thoughts on blogging

I am addicted to reading other stampers' blogs, and to posting on my own, to the point where I rarely look at the SCS galleries unless I have a particular set in mind. Wow! When did this happen? Anyone else in this situation?
So, I got to wondering. Why do we post our own cards or do a blog? Do we want validation? To teach others? Just share what we've been up to? A way of connecting to other stampers? To those that are in the stamping business, to help sell items either through your own demoship, ebay store or other company with which you are affiliated? I guess there are a lot of reasons.
I think I have a blog simply because it makes me feel connected and I love getting feedback. I feel like there is this little mini world of folks that I connect with every day both in terms of my blog and the blogs I comment on. i am loving it!!
So how much time do you spend either blogging or looking at blogs and why???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 05:49 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oi...

I have a list of blogs in a blog folder in my favorites. I read through SCS, comment at -least- ten times in the gallery, and then spend the next half hour perusing the blogs. Sometimes I just see things there that I don't see or miss here. Nothing wrong with that...I don't think. ;)

As far as my own blog goes....I am HORRIBLE about updating it often enough. My stamping and creating muse went away and I feel guilty about not having anything nifty to blog about. I like reading about new products and technigues as well as just drooling over the beautiful artwork that others create....as well as getting ideas for things for me to do. Hopefully my muse will come back! ;)
Faerey Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 06:04 AM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
I think I have a blog simply because it makes me feel connected and I love getting feedback. I feel like there is this little mini world of folks that I connect with every day both in terms of my blog and the blogs I comment on. i am loving it!!
So how much time do you spend either blogging or looking at blogs and why???
This is exactly how I feel about SCS...not blogs. I am going to take a huge leap here and share that I am an anti-blogger, LOL.:cool:

I do check 10 blogs daily. Just to see what's up, and see if there's any hot Designer/Publication news that they have released. Total time spent on blogs, I'd say 20 minutes.

**taking a big, deep breath to say this next part and putting on my flame resistant panties**

I have become a bit annoyed with uploads in the gallery that do not list *any* information about the card, and just have a link to their blog for you to get all the information on it. I think if you are going to use the space on Splitcoast to upload it, you need to give the supplies used to create the card. I personally feel that witholding information and using the Splitcoast gallery as a means to get more traffic to your blog is wrong. That's just my personal feelings on the issue.

That being said, I do not feel that way when folks upload the card properly and then refer to their blog for the "creative info".
Old 09-26-2006, 06:08 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by trudee
**taking a big, deep breath to say this next part and putting on my flame resistant panties**
*snort* Ehem....

Quote:

I have become a bit annoyed with uploads in the gallery that do not list *any* information about the card, and just have a link to their blog for you to get all the information on it. I think if you are going to use the space on Splitcoast to upload it, you need to give the supplies used to create the card. I personally feel that witholding information and using the Splitcoast gallery as a means to get more traffic to your blog is wrong. That's just my personal feelings on the issue.

That being said, I do not feel that way when folks upload the card properly and then refer to their blog for the "creative info".
I agree. There is nothing more dissapointing then finding a gorgeoumous (yes...my word.) card in the gallery and knowing nothing about it...but if its on a blog, at least its -somewhere-...sorta. ;)
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 06:13 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Trudee, putting on my FRPs along with you, I feel the same way about posting this way.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 06:31 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I am so glad I am not the only one that feels this way!!! There have been NUMEROUS times I've looked at a card in the gallery and find NO information on the materials used (ok, I could guess on some of it, but not everything). I don't mind going to someone's blog for information, but I will say I've checked out some blogs that way & I honestly cannot make heads or tails of the layout because there is WAY TOO MUCH on the blog. I like neat, crisp, easy to follow blogs - like Joan's (I have hers saved to my faves!).

SCS puts the information regarding the construction of the card available for a reason. To me, if someone takes the time to upload it, they should take the time to give a brief description about it. I've even PM'd people with questions about a card & not been given a very helpful response. For those who DO share info on the SCS gallery, THANK YOU!

I am sure I will have to put on some flame retardant wear now too. :rolleyes:

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 06:45 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Smile

I do love connecting with people ... that is one of the reasons I started my blog. However, it is time consuming for me ... and now that school has started (I homeschool our boys) ... I barely have time to stamp much less update my blog. I am actually thinking of letting it go soon. I know that may disappoint some ... but I am really working on creating more balance in my life and have had a much better attitude as of late since I have cut back on some "excess" in my life.

I do love to check in on blogs and have a list of 40+ blogs that I check in on about once a day. It only takes me about 20-30 minutes to quickly read and comment if time allows.

I'd love to keep mine up ... but my boys are more important now ... and I have realized that I want more stamping time ... not have to devote more time to maintaining my blog. I love posting my designs here on SCS and getting feedback that way.

(And I agree with Trudee about putting information on your designs HERE ... and not referring people to your blog for the full scoop. It's very easy to copy and paste information from one to the other ... why not just do that? Many don't have time to read blogs and when you are doing a search in the SCS gallery, if an artist hasn't put in all the info on their design there is no way to find it via a search!)

SCS is truly my HOME ... I just *love* this community ... can't imagine not having it in my life. I'd love to devote more time to stamping and uploading HERE for all to see!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 06:57 AM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

I think if you are going to use the space on Splitcoast to upload it, you need to give the supplies used to create the card. I personally feel that witholding information and using the Splitcoast gallery as a means to get more traffic to your blog is wrong. That's just my personal feelings on the issue.
I agree 100%, Trudee! Thank you for expressing this so well. This practice has been increasing and so has my annoyance.

Linda
(With flame resistant panties firmly in place :-D )

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 07:00 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I agree. There is nothing more dissapointing then finding a gorgeoumous (yes...my word.) card in the gallery and knowing nothing about it...but if its on a blog, at least its -somewhere-...sorta. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry I agree with Trudee as well and don't want to have to go searching for info when it can easily be posted here. I won't comment on cards that don't have any info or a blog link for info no matter how cute they are. Sorry if that offends anyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 07:01 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love reading the SCS blogger's blogs and try to read several each day. I find them interesting and love seeing what they've created or what's new in their lives.
I don't get to look at the galleries here on SCS as much as I'd like to, but always check out the DD.

I don't have my own blog, because #1 I hardly have time to stamp and #2 I think my life if pretty mundane. Come on, would you really like to read about how the electrical went out for the pool pump so we closed our pool dirty this year? Or that a pipe broke in our basement last week and I had thousands of photos to go through--mostly water damaged (actually I did post on this on SCS) or that I found meal bugs in my kitchen cupboard and now must throw out a bunch of stuff and clean my cupboards tonight? (huge EWWW here).

So of course YOUR blogs are so much more interesting!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 07:02 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just begun reading the blogs and have become completely addicted to them. (I have to say that this hasn't reduced the time I spend on SCS, so that's probably not a good thing. :rolleyes

I enjoy the blogs because people tend to write WHY they made the card, what inspired them, tips and tricks, etc. that I find so interesting. The only thing I can compare it to is "reading" a cookbook. I love the cookbooks in which an author gives a little background on a recipe (Ina Garten is good at this.) It just adds so much more to the enjoyment of the card/recipe. Does that make sense. I really appreciate the time people but into their blogs.

That being said, I do appreciate the time people take to upload their cards. I try to comment, but I generally won't comment if they haven't provided the "recipe" info (there's that analogy again). It does somewhat annoy me if they use the gallery to generate traffic to their blog, but occasionally I'll discover a good blog that way.

I'm rambling now so I'll stop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 07:04 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by seewah
(And I agree with Trudee about putting information on your designs HERE ... and not referring people to your blog for the full scoop. It's very easy to copy and paste information from one to the other ... why not just do that? Many don't have time to read blogs and when you are doing a search in the SCS gallery, if an artist hasn't put in all the info on their design there is no way to find it via a search!)
These are my thoughts exactly. I often search the gallery for a stamp set or wheel or even color combo, but I'm probably missing a bunch of new cards now that people aren't posting the ingredients on SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 07:04 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Trudee, thank you for saying this. I couldn't agree more!!! I have actually found that I choose not to leave comments on cards that listed this way. I just find it frustrating, and end up just moving on to the next card.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 07:09 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

I wish folks would always fill out the card recipe info on SCS. To me, it is just a courtesy. Why show an inspiring card without letting anyone else know how it was done? I am not planning on reading blogs as I already spend too much time on my butt in front of this screen already.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 07:24 AM   #15  
Glitter Guru

Joan,
Your blog ROCKS! I check yours and a handful of others everyday. They are addicting. :-) I love being able to get to know you guys a little bit better in your blogs.

I started one about two months ago, made one entry in it, and haven't had time to go back and add anything more! I think that it could be fun, but you really have to have the dedication to keep up with it. Right now, I'm just a *wee bit* too busy with the kiddies to really give it the kind of dedication it needs to be successful (or in my case, mildly interesting...lol).

Trudee,
I certainly agree to what you're saying. While I can see *why* a poster with a blog would do it (maybe a time factor too?), I can see it a little bit annoying to 'hop, skip, and jump' all over the place to read all about it.

Joan,
Back to your original question... I have about 26 or so blogs saved in my favorites but I probably check out a handful on a daily basis. I think of blogs as a little peek into the life and mind of a fellow stamper....

How's your mom doing? I'm keeping all of you in good thoughts and prayers.

Gotta run. Have a wonderful stamp happy day!

Alexa says I'm her mommy's Pretend Stamping Friend....what an honor!

�What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 07:30 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Here I am, chiming in on this. Blogging is fairly new to me but something that I find fun to do and I really enjoy checking out other blogs. I don't cruise the blogs every day and I haven't had time to post to mine everyday but maybe every couple of days. I would really hate to think that I might be missing something by being too interested in any one site on the internet, so I spread myself around! So to speak..... I also have to agree, if you are going to upload to SCS, then be courteous enough to describe or list items used to make your wonderful creation! I have uploaded a couple of cards and I don't think I posted a recipe but it wasn't because I was posting it to my blog, I was just in an awful hurry and lazy at the same time. Not a great combination. Anywho, I will cowgirl up and not do that again, if I don't have the time to describe the card then I shouldn't upload in the first place!!

Hugs to all
Have a great day!
Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 07:40 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

I have a personal blog where I write about my daily life and another for cards or projects. I used to have it all together but it is 2 audiences (although some people peek at both!)

I do like Stamping blogs because the comments give me a lot of ideas or answer questions.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:07 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Joan,

I started my blog to get my customers/friends to use their stamping stuff. I have heard them tell me hundreds of times, I just don't know what to do when I get home with my stuff.:rolleyes: I have also found that by blogging, I am stamping more. I get into the fun of stamping and get out of the "just for business" mode. This is good for me now because of added stress in our family with illnesses.
I signed up with the SplitcoastBloggers here and I think more people from here look at my blog than my customers but that is good, too. I don't upload cards here and put my directions on my blog. That seems in direct contrast to what SCS is here for doesn't it?
I haven't checked out your blog in awhile but I have enjoyed looking at it. I hope your mother is doing well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:10 AM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

I love to read blogs of stampers. My favorites are..... Joans, JulieHRR, & AmyR. I wish I knew how to do a blog. My fear is that it is my personal information that is being spread around on cyber space for weirdos to read and look me up. Do you all feel that it is totally safe to blog?? We had a murder here this year from a girl blogging and some psycho looking her up.

Since I am starting to be more creative I would love more info on this!! It seems overwhelming to me a bit but I love to read them.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:12 AM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Joan, to your original question -- When time permits, I do check out a few Blogs and quite enjoy what everyone shares. But mostly I love having this great stamping community to go to for all needs -- samples, tutorials & commraderie. I would say we all share our work for a bit of both -- validation and to teach others . . . I do, at least!

That said, I totally agree with Trudee 100% as well. I think if you are going to post a card here on SCS, it should have full details and I, too, tend to move on if I don't see them . . . sorry!

Thanks for being so brave to bring up the subject, Trudee, since we've been discussing it for a bit. Joan, sorry for the mini hijack!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:13 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
I love to read blogs of stampers. My favorites are..... Joans, JulieHRR, & AmyR. I wish I knew how to do a blog. My fear is that it is my personal information that is being spread around on cyber space for weirdos to read and look me up. Do you all feel that it is totally safe to blog?? We had a murder here this year from a girl blogging and some psycho looking her up.

Since I am starting to be more creative I would love more info on this!! It seems overwhelming to me a bit but I love to read them.
Robyn, it is perfectly safe to blog...you only put the info out there that *you* want...so if you only want to put your first name and say you live in the United States, that's all you have to do.

It's totally up to the individual how much info they share.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:16 AM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks Sara. Thanks for the quick reply!

Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:17 AM   #23  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with ya, Trudee, on the importance of users posting the "guts" of the card on SCS. My postings to my SCS gallery have not changed since I started blogging. In fact, they might have even improved! ;)

I blog for lots of reasons, not only to share my designs with my stampin' friends and industry peeps, but also to stay connected with friends and family left up north now that I live in way-too-hot-and-dusty-and-creepy-Texas. My blog is not just for stamping. I enjoy sharing photography, life happenings, and even things that creep me out! DID YOU SEE THAT GROSS SPIDER!

When i do post a stamping design on my blog, I tend to include more of a story about the design on my blog than I do on my SCS uploads. Doing so helps me connect the design to my non-stamping readers (who don't visit SCS). ;)

I love catching up on blogs ... but I also love SCS and I cruise the galleries and forums more than ever seeing the amazing work of all the artists sharing on SCS. I continue to be amazed at the quality of work being posted to the galleries. *clap clap clap!*
Illustrator: Whipper Snapper Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:21 AM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetMissDaisy
I agree with ya, Trudee, on the importance of users posting the "guts" of the card on SCS. My postings to my SCS gallery have not changed since I started blogging. In fact, they might have even improved! ;)

I blog for lots of reasons, not only to share my designs with my stampin' friends and industry peeps, but also to stay connected with friends and family left up north now that I live in way-too-hot-and-dusty-and-creepy-Texas. My blog is not just for stamping. I enjoy sharing photography, life happenings, and even things that creep me out! DID YOU SEE THAT GROSS SPIDER!

When i do post a stamping design on my blog, I tend to include more of a story about the design on my blog than I do on my SCS uploads. Doing so helps me connect the design to my non-stamping readers (who don't visit SCS). ;)

I love catching up on blogs ... but I also love SCS and I cruise the galleries and forums more than ever seeing the amazing work of all the artists sharing on SCS. I continue to be amazed at the quality of work being posted to the galleries. *clap clap clap!*
Anna - your blog is on my faves too. THAT SPIDER FREAKED ME THE HECK OUT!!! Love the chickens & your dogs though! :-)

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #25  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Well said Anna - that's how I feel about it.

And yes I am one of those awful ppl who does post a link to my blog w/ my card *hangs my head in shame* BUT I do make sure to fill out all the categories and list the sets, CS, Ink etc etc so ppl do not HAVE to go to my blog to find out that info.

I really only post the link so that others can see HOW I made the card - I tend to ramble on about WHY I did it, different techniques used and the thought process behind it all (one of the biggest reasons I started a blog in the first place LOL!!)

I really dislike when a link to a blog is posted on a card that has NOTHING to do w/ the card posted - such as "Check my blog out for more info" and when you do there's NOTHING there - I don't get that:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:24 AM   #26  
Forum Fanatic

Oh and Anna that spider was awful nasty - I had the creepy crawlies for DAYS after seeing it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:26 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
Thanks Sara. Thanks for the quick reply!

Robyn
You're welcome...I think a lot of people have some of the same fears/hesitations you do about blogging, so I wanted to reassure everyone that it is safe to blog.

It's fun to keep up with everyone and get to know them a bit better...I read 4-5 blogs a day, but don't always comment. SweetMissDaisy's is my favorite for stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:37 AM   #28  
Stampin' Fool

I spend at least an hour a day (ok, let's be honest... it's probably more than an hour, but I lose track!!) blogging. I have a folder of my favorite blogs bookmarked and I open them in tabs in Mozilla and then go through them one by one to see if anyone has updated! Then I update mine. I've beeen updating it daily since I started it... woohoo. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:39 AM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyR
Oh and Anna that spider was awful nasty - I had the creepy crawlies for DAYS after seeing it!!!
Me too - had to sleep w/the nightlight on & at least one kitty cat next to me for fear of big hairy spiders coming to get me!! ha ha

Amy - your blog is great for the techniques, I've learned a ton from it!

I enjoy reading about the inspiration for a card, to whom it's being given, that kind of thing. I also love seeing photos of stamping spaces, etc. I get a lot of ideas from many blogs on organization, etc.

Someday I hope to have a blog, right now there's just not time.

:-) Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:49 AM   #30  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

DID YOU SEE THAT GROSS SPIDER!
In fact, I wish I HADN'T seen that creepy icky thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GROSS!!!!!

Amy, we love ya, girlfriend!!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:58 AM   #31  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

In fact, I wish I HADN'T seen that creepy icky thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GROSS!!!!!

Amy, we love ya, girlfriend!!

Wah now I wish the spider hadn't been brought up - I keep checking to make sure it's not crawling on my feet!!!! Eeeeeewwwwwww.

And thanx Trudee!!!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 09:00 AM   #32  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry... ;)
Illustrator: Whipper Snapper Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 09:04 AM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

sorry... ;)
LOL - just keep posting pics of the chicks & doggies, they are more fun to look at.

No more spid-ums! (that's what my little cousin calls them)

:-) Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #34  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

sorry... ;)

*snicker* Hey at least I don't have to worry about great hairy monsters like that up here - I just need to think twice about checking them out on your blog!!! ROFLOL

And yes I agree w/ Anne - you just keep posting the pics of those adorable chicks and all your other pets - THOSE pics me likes!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 10:16 AM   #35  
Polyshrink Goddess

I started a blog several months ago where I post happenings about me and my family, as well as upload photos of my papercraft projects/stamping/cards, plus I use it as a forum to share about things that are important to me and impact my life (healthy living - I'm a two time cancer survivor)... so my reasons are many.
I have a growing list of blogs that I peek in on daily or weekly - and these are not just stamping/scrapbooking blogs. I check out Christian Women's blogs and recipe blogs. It's a fun past time to me.
I love SCS, though, and find SO many of my ideas on this site. The blogging is just a way for me to connect on another level with people who share my interests.
I just began uploading cards again to SCS and I, too, think it is important to use the format provided to list all the information about the creations we upload. I have used the SEARCH on this site many times to find specific card ideas and it's always helpful. Plus I have my favorites that I look for to see what fun and new things they've uploaded.
This site is inspiring to me. Blogging is a fun extension of that.

My Blog:
Sentiments by Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #36  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I gotta agree. I rarely direct people to my blog and if I do it is for something really specific like my stamping dual with SweetMissDaisy. (and yes I know I still owe her another card!)

I don't get to post many designs these days, which is a good thing I guess - it means they are getting picked up! *happy dance*

I hate the idea of doing things to drive traffic to my site. I took myself off the Stamping Top 50 for that very reason. It really is just a journal of my design work and a place for me to share about this crazy ride that I am on.

I have some lovely loyal readers that I am always thrilled to converse with. They really make my day. :mrgreen:

I suppose the etiquette of blogging will become more well known over time, just as it did with email.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

I started my blog a couple months ago and totally dig blogging. I find that it helps me to connect to my customers and I've made a lot of friends in the blogging community, as well.

I love to share, so when I put my projects on my blog, I include detailed step-by-step instructions. I find that I can do this easier on my blog than I could here at SCS.

Also, my scanner is crap, so I take pictures of my projects using the macro-mode on my camera. I find that a lot of the pictures that are on the SCS galleries are of scanned cards. I don't upload to SCS because I feel, I dunno, out of the technology loop because my cards aren't scanned. Yah, that probably sounds stupid...... ;)

I'm a big fan of not only having the supplies listed, but also of directions. I'm a technique junkie and a direction junkie. I like having things spelled out for me. A lot of my customers do, too. They crave step-by-step directions. My blog is a place that I can do that.

I also love having a place where I can intersperse my day to day life and how it applies to my art on my blog. I like reading things like that in other blogs, as well. It makes me feel like I have a lot more friends. haha!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 11:22 AM   #38  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineMama
Also, my scanner is crap, so I take pictures of my projects using the macro-mode on my camera. I find that a lot of the pictures that are on the SCS galleries are of scanned cards. I don't upload to SCS because I feel, I dunno, out of the technology loop because my cards aren't scanned. Yah, that probably sounds stupid...... ;)
I am probably the only person on the planet who doesn't own a scanner, all cards posted by me are taken with my digital camera and photoshopped. There are many digital camera only uploaders around here, too, so please share if that is something you care to do!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

I started my blog over a year and a half ago for my customers to help teach them more about stamping. I don't think any of my customers ever wandered over to it, though, since blogs were still a bit new then. Now everyone and their mother has a blog! And some of them I have to wonder why...since they just post cards that they made. Now, I know I'm no Julie or Taylor or Debbie, so I'm glad to have a tutorial to hide behind. If someone doesn't like my card, at least it's just an example and they can use my info to go make their own. ;)

It seems that there's been a big move from message boards to blogs over the last few years. SCS is one of the last really popular MB places left (at least in my world)! It's like everyone is saying now "Hey, come over to my house" instead of "let's all get together." But that will happen after you meet too many angry people out there in message board-land. Blogs can be a safer place, since it's "yours."

That's my two cents. Now, go check out my blog! ;) Hee hee...

my blog | the hybrid chick
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 11:27 AM   #40  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I love having a blog. I love to read other people's blogs too!

The thing I like the most about having a blog is that a lot of people PM me asking about my stamp company and ask me questions, want updates, etc... I've gotten myself into trouble here answering questions or offering things that are against the TOS. (Now I know the TOS, thanks to Daven. Yes, I just clicked yes to get going without reading it. I know nobody else did that but me! LOL)

I like to keep people updated plus I like to explain techniques a little more thoroughly than the space in the gallery allows, however, I think I've always posted everything that I used in the gallery too. I'll have to check that.

Anyway, I love so many of your blogs. I read some everyday. It's great to peek inside people's lives. You learn a lot about yourself when you blog too! Hope you look at mine! :mrgreen:

Happy blogging!
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes