Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-27-2005, 06:48 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Location: This must be heaven...there are stamps & scrapbooks EVERYWHERE!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just ordered a Multi Purpose Printer

On a whim, I made an impulse buy yesterday. I was sitting at my computer, printing some things. I bought a HP 5550 Desk Jet Printer 2 years ago for $149 and I love it...it has been good to me...even when I run it into the ground. Then I started to think about how nice it would be to print, fax, copy and scan...so I took at peek at Hewlett Packard's website. They had a great service that allowed me to answer about 20 questions (multiple choice) to determine what I wanted from a printter. For fun, I also entered that I would consider spending $200-300 for a new one, if it had all the BELLS & WHISTLES. Well, the HP 5510 Office Jet Printer - printed, copied, faxed and scans...plus has super quick speed when printing (25 PPM - fullcolor). $149...I grabbed my credit card and it shipped the same day, should have it 5-7 days via the Brown Guy.

So much for the rambling, does anyone else have this printer? If so, do you love it?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 11:36 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

I'm looking to get a new printer with my tax return and wondered what I was gonna do!! I want something that will print 12x12 for my scrapbooking, but I also want an all-in-one for scanning, printing, copying, and possibly faxing.

I don't want much in this world do I??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 12:11 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have an Hp4550 all in one. (I think that's the model). I love it except for the scanning capabilities. Maybe I just haven't figured it out but I don't like to scan with it. I bought a $10 (day after Thanksgiving) flat bed scanner and LOVE IT. Best $10 I ever spent.
Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 12:18 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default All in one

I have an HP that scans, prints, faxes and copies and I love it. It also has a special cartridge for photos. I will have had it 2 years this summer and it works great. The only thing that happens is, if I leave it turned on, and someone else calls that has a fax machine on their same voice line, it starts to do the tone thingy until I turn it off. LOL

A small price to pay for what it does. I can't tell you the times it has saved me going to Kinko's, etc.

Shirley
Shirley in NC - SCS #756

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 06:10 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I just got one a couple of days ago. I got the HP 2610. It prints, scans, faxes and copies. Just made copies of my rebate forms for my computer on it. Too cool! It scans really well too. Haven't printed out pictures yet though. Maybe try that tomorrow. But it set up super easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 06:31 PM   #6  
A LOST 4400

I'm an HP person 'cause it is easy!!! I really like their Photosmart printers. I had a one function PS printer and loved it (printed great pictures) but wanted an all in one. I got an HP2410 but don't use the fax feature. I haven't done really done too much photo printing yet but it is so nice to have a copier at home. I would like the HP2710 or 2610 as (I think) you can edit your photos on the machine and I think mine will just prints them as is. I also like that I can just stick my media card in and BAM! instant gratification! I still put them on CD's of course, but I do luv the convenience.
Jackie G. (aka Jacquita) SCSmember #656

Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone.
Reply With Quote Likes