Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-31-2006, 05:32 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTMH Consultants--question for you

I realize most of the information on this board is for SU and there is much discussion about the pros/cons of being a consultant for SU. Although, I really like SU, and do purchase products from SU, I still like products from CTMH--especially their scrapbook techniques and kits.
On another thread the benefits for being a consultant for SU were listed #1 being the discount.
What about CTMH, what are some of the other benefits of being a consultant?
Do you feel that you receive alot of support from the company? Or Upline?
Do you receive helpful and creative ideas?
My desire to become a consultant may sound very selfish, however it would be so that I could be a consultant to myself and serve my needs as a customer, to be in the "know" about the company and of course receive a discount.
Thank you to anyone that is willing to share.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2006, 06:02 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default CTMH

Hi -

I'm a former CTMH consultant but would be happy to answer some of your questions if you'd like to PM me. I did it for about 3 years and had a great time doing it. Minimums are $300 per quarter. If you don't reach that you fall to a Jr. status and you earn less and get less benefits. If you don't sell at least $100 you then lose your consultant status. That was one of the pluses for me. And if you sold $300 at any time you could be reinstated at full consultant status.

One company I hadn't looked into that you might also want to consider is TAC.

Check them all out and then make your decision on which company's products YOU like best and will use the most since it sounds like you're mainly doing this for the discount for yourself. My .02.

Jane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2006, 03:57 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scatty,
I'd be happy to tell you about CTMH. I did a lot of research before I joined and one of the main reasons I chose CTMH was that we are allowed more freedom in how we conduct our business than some of the other companies. As a CTMH consultant, we can both advertise and sell online and now have shopping carts on our websites. We can also run national mag ads...I have one running now.
Our quarterly quota is $300 to stay an active consultant. An active consultant gets a 22% commission at the time of sale. Also, the following month we receive an override check on any sales over $99. That percentage is based on the amount of sales and can range from 1.5% to 12%. As mentioned, if you can't make the $300 quota, you may drop to a Jr. and still get a 10% discount/commission. Once you have a $300 quarter, you are automatically an active consultant again.
Should a health emergency or something critical along that line come along, you can request a Critical Status exemption for the current quarter. You will stay an active consultant with all the same benefits. Once that quarter is over, you are still an active consultant with nothing extra that you have to purchase. You are where you were when you went into critical status. Should you need another quarter, you may request and it will be reviewed.
As of January 1st, we now have a rewards program called Rewards your Way. Based on sales, we have the opportunity to earn points towards free merchandise, a Sony Cybershot, Epson photo printer, Brighton jewelry, extra cruise points, free website for a year, an Ipod and more. This is going to be so much fun.
We also have a program called Straight to the Top where you may earn free merchandise in the first 30, 60 and 90 days as a consultant.
We get a ton of support from corp. They've instituted a program called Workshops on the Go where they design workshops and sell the merchandise to do them in bulk at a commissionable price. There are also Make and Takes and Create and Takes. The consultant artwork bulletin board is full of wonderful ideas. The consultants are all very friendly and share with their fellow consultants. Corp listens to what we'd like, and, when possible, institutes our ideas. We had been asking for the 1x1 blocks to be sold in bulk so that we can give them away with our incentive stamps. So, at Leadership last week it was announced that they will now be available.
Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Suz
CTMH Director
Reply With Quote Likes