Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-04-2006, 04:01 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Help!!!

Well my DH is after me to do something with all this stamp stuff I have purchased so I need some help as to how and get started selling my stuff. I have sold cards previously but I live in a small area and I am not sure what to do. I would like to have suggestions on prices, sizes to make, how much detail and how they should be packaged. I have my stampin up personalized name stamp so I can put it on my work (which I hate I might add it stamps out horribly) But I am a copy cat when it comes to making things. I love the ideas here and I may tweek them a bit to suit my taste like color changing or placement of certain things but I love what is done on this site. I just now started uploading things so I haven't really done anything with all my stuff. I am going to take pictures of my room and upload them. My work space is amazing I just need the motivation. SO all help will be greatly appreciated. Shawnee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2006, 05:57 AM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you planning to sell at a craft fair or just to family and friends? That makes a difference in the packaging and possibly the price. I do a couple of big fairs a year and I have had great luck with them. It is a lot of work to stamp several hundred cards (you want a really good variety of designs, styles and types of cards), but I just do it all year long, and I enjoy it so much it doesn't seem like work!

My suggestions (based on craft fair scenario) are to have both single cards and packages of four, with envelopes included. The price should be based on your cost for supplies and overhead (such as table fees), and a little for your time, depending on whether or not you are a quick stamper or you spend a long time on each card. I usually make the individual cards a little more fancy than the packaged ones, and have the packaged ones be a better deal.

The best way for me to make a lot of cards in a short time is to do assembly-line and make ten at a time. Then I can make up two four-packs and have two for the single cards. I'd do twenty, but I'd get too bored, and anything less than ten seems like a waste of getting out all the stuff.

If you have them displayed in bins for people to look through, I'd put each one in a cello sleeve or plastic baggie, to protect them from dirty fingers. You can put a topper on them, too, but in my opinion that adds work and cost to a part of the package that is just going to get tossed. Some gals have ordered clear plastic card boxes to sell sets of ten, and those look great and make great gifts. I tie my packs together with twine or coordinating ribbon, and attach a pretty tag with the name of the card design and the price in pencil (that way they can erase it and give the cards as a gift).

It's nice to stamp the envelopes to match, and I always stamp or wheel the lunch sacks to put their purchases in, too. Be sure to stamp your name and phone number on the bag or include a business card, so they know how to reach you to order more of your lovely cards! : ) Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2006, 06:20 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow! GWTW Junkie...great info. I like to leave some cards in our school's teacher lounge...I have them assorted into birthday, sympathy, get well and thinking of you...its not a big money maker but it helps get my name out there too.

If you live in a small town, some gals have been successful starting up a monthly class at the local library or community center.

Check out the craft sales threads for some great ideas...I find that tiles are great sellers and what I did was make a sample of different kinds, and then took orders. Hopefully what you don't sell, you can use as gifts!!

Good luck!!

PS. With TAC stamps you can even sell your cards in a boutique or established place like a florist, etc...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2006, 06:23 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

great suggestions, gwtw junkie!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes