Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Hawaiian Luau Ideas??? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/hawaiian-luau-ideas-967/)

valstamps3 05-22-2004 11:50 AM

Hawaiian Luau Ideas???

Hi! I have a customer wanting to create Luau invitations using SU! stuff, and I am stumped! Do any of you wonderfully creative people have ideas for us! Thanks so much!

Valerie

joleenieweenie 05-22-2004 12:09 PM

Use the Tropical Blossoms set.. perfect for Hawaiian prints. :) You can stamp all on white then cut out the paper to look like a shirt or bathing suit/ bikini/ trunks... you can cut tan cardstock to make it look like a straw skirt. Make it fun and colorful! :D

pcbsears 05-22-2004 02:50 PM

I use Beautiful Batiks for all my Hawaiian stuff...

NavyWyf 05-22-2004 05:40 PM

Did you see all the Hawaiian shirts (mostly for Father's Day) in the gallery? Great idea to make a shirt from the Cardstock, and it would make a nice invitation.

Boss 05-22-2004 06:46 PM

I also use Beautiful Batik (and matching wheel) for Hawaiian/tropical themed projects. I especially like using this set with Kaliacolor ink pads (it's slipped my mind what SU calls their multi-color pads now)...the green-blue combos are really cool and bring to mind water-surf-and sand. The red/orange/yellow/purple/blue pads make for very vibrant, loud, eye-catching images. What makes this set so fun is that the images are traditional Hawaiian woodcut designs - they can be quickly stamped on napkins, paper tablecloths, votive covers and anything else you can think of. Aloha and happy luau!
Susy

rpaugh23 05-22-2004 07:20 PM

I am getting ready to do a luau party for my Daughter's 2nd birthday. I am using the buds and blossoms set. First I am taking the sassy striped paper and lining the botton 1/3 of the card with that. I am going to mark that off with the yellow gold ribbon and stich it down. Then I am cutting out some of the stamped flowers in coordinating colors to dimension to the top (some like they are coming from behind the border on the bottom. I am then using the dot invitation on the inside. I will put on the outside layered in the corner a You're Invited stamp fromm the Announcements stamp set. I hope this helps with another alternative to the Hawaiian shirts. Ronda :)

Doris 05-22-2004 07:36 PM

Here is another idea...I made a invitation in the shape of s flip-flop using the Simply Summer set. I made the flip flop shape and the sun was stamped all over it, and used grosgrain ribbon to make the sandle attachment. My demonstrator did this at a class, and I loved it so much I made these invitations for my daughters birthday, which had a summer fun slumber party theme...everyone loved it!! If you want me to take a photo and email it to you send me a message and I will do so. :)

I also love the On the Beach set...and I am sure you could make a great card using this set as well for a Hawaiian theme....Good Luck!