Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-03-2006, 06:41 PM   #1  
HJI
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Book party?

What exactly is a book party? I have to contact a lady who wants to have one and I want to make sure we're both on the same page.

Heather
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

A book party is when someone takes a catalog and orders enough to make a hostess order. It can be done alone- I know about that, or with a couple of people who all order together and turn it into a hostess order.
KWIM?
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2006, 06:51 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Some demos also do book parties where they supply the hostess with a few cards to show off to their friends as they collect orders- which they then keep as a hostess gift, or even supplies for make and takes for them to show their friends (I would assume the supplies reuseable supplies are returned- or maybe the hostess buys them?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I think that a book party is where a person is a hostess, but has no party. For example, if there was a bunch of stuff in the catalog that I wanted to order, and the total was $150, I could contact my SU demonstratator and tell her I want to do a book party so that I could place an order and receive a level 1 gift and $15 of free stuff. If I didn't do a "book party", my demo would just order the stuff for me, and she would get the gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I think it's so much better to have a demo come, do 2 or 3 projects and find out what you "need". It's also nice to get a new technique. But at least with a few people and a book party you can get some of the hostess sets.
Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2006, 06:55 PM   #6  
HJI
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for your quick replies. So all I have to do is supply the catalogue and a few samples if I want. Do I attend the book party?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJI
Thanks for your quick replies. So all I have to do is supply the catalogue and a few samples if I want. Do I attend the book party?
No, they do it all. The hostess will call you, or you call her, with the orders and the stuff she wants as a hostess. I do tons of book parties for a few companies. It's great if you don't have time to have a party but you want the benefits.
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2006, 08:59 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Still, having done some book parties for people, I can tell you that a little more involvement than just supplying the catalog will help get a larger party order. When I've supplied a couple of samples AND a "make and take in a bag," so to speak, it seems like party totals are a little higher.

I choose a VERY simple but cute project, supply all the cut pieces along with an instruction sheet and a finished project, and put it all in a plastic ziploc baggie. I think it makes it seem a little more "officially" a party, and the hostess treats it as such, by making more of an effort to show the book to friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2006, 08:09 AM   #9  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
Still, having done some book parties for people, I can tell you that a little more involvement than just supplying the catalog will help get a larger party order. When I've supplied a couple of samples AND a "make and take in a bag," so to speak, it seems like party totals are a little higher.

I choose a VERY simple but cute project, supply all the cut pieces along with an instruction sheet and a finished project, and put it all in a plastic ziploc baggie. I think it makes it seem a little more "officially" a party, and the hostess treats it as such, by making more of an effort to show the book to friends.
I never heard of a book party like that, but it sure makes sense (or CENTS-if you get more credit!). Thanks for the idea. I usually end up with parties at my daughter's house b/c mine is just too small- but I might ask my demo to do this next time. :-D Diane
Reply With Quote Likes