Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Have you noticed? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/have-you-noticed-171490/)

vdoyle8 08-04-2006 08:06 AM

Have you noticed?

that your post count is not changing? I know this is really trivial and stupid, but hey - my kids are away at camp & I have time on my hands. I noticed that when I post, my number is not changing - you know, the number under your avatar ... I noticed it in the thread entitled Stupid Question of the Day where there were multiple posts from the same people and their counts stayed the same too.
Ok, I'll be quiet now ... even I'm embarrassed to admit that I pay attention to my post count ...

vdoyle8 08-04-2006 08:07 AM

testing

maybe your count doesn't change if you are just replying?

vdoyle8 08-04-2006 08:08 AM

ok, now I feel really stupid because it changed. I'm slinking off now ....

willosmama 08-04-2006 08:10 AM

Go post in the gallery...that will really help your post count!!!

Aprilinparis 08-04-2006 08:17 AM

Maybe it is confusing because the post count updates everywhere, even under previous posts? Don't be embarrassed (I'm not even sure I spelled this word right!)

trefoil 08-04-2006 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aprilinparis
Maybe it is confusing because the post count updates everywhere, even under previous posts? Don't be embarrassed (I'm not even sure I spelled this word right!)

Yes, this is what happens. :)

If a new person posts her first post in an "introduce yourself" thread and then posts her second post in General Stamping Talk, both posts will then have "2" as her post count. There won't be a "1" under her first post and a "2" under her second post. All your posts will show the same post count and that number will change as you keep posting.

vdoyle8 08-04-2006 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trefoil
Yes, this is what happens. :)

If a new person posts her first post in an "introduce yourself" thread and then posts her second post in General Stamping Talk, both posts will then have "2" as her post count. There won't be a "1" under her first post and a "2" under her second post. All your posts will show the same post count and that number will change as you keep posting.

OOOhhhhhhhh! Who knew??
And I always wondered if my comments in the gallery counted.
Thanks for the info.
Now I'd better go get a job or something ... I think I have too much time on my hands LOL!

Sairabee 09-05-2006 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdoyle8
OOOhhhhhhhh! Who knew??
And I always wondered if my comments in the gallery counted.
Thanks for the info.
Now I'd better go get a job or something ... I think I have too much time on my hands LOL!

I don't know how I tripped across this thread, but as Vicki's former secret sister I can vouch for the fact that she is sane. :) LOL.

I love you girl!! :)

stamping_KML 09-05-2006 07:39 AM

I noticed the same thing. My post # isn't changing today.

jbalcer 09-05-2006 07:40 AM

The numbers do change when you post in forums and gallery. . . however, because of a cacheing thing they have goin' on in the gallery, your numbers take a little bit to play catch up.

There are a few threads in site suggestions about this. :)

stamping_KML 09-05-2006 07:40 AM

Ha ha....Ok now it's working. I made a few comments in the gallery and my posts stayed at 5,539. Then I posted here and it's working. Weird.

vdoyle8 09-05-2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sairabee
I don't know how I tripped across this thread, but as Vicki's former secret sister I can vouch for the fact that she is sane. :) LOL.

I love you girl!! :)

Sane might be a bit optimistic ;-)

vbcaser 09-05-2006 01:18 PM

Sometimes a simple refresh gets your numbers up to date too!

SDiegoGal 09-05-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmama
Go post in the gallery...

That reminds me. I forgot to post in the gallery today. I have tried to post constructive comments (and some Great Card! comments) every day. I've been doing pretty good. I am adding more and more SCSers to my favorites!