Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #81  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinmy4boysView Post
I would just like to say that I also have a business where I ship product to Canada and the US and believe it or not, shipping is cheaper to send something to the US from Canada then it is within Canada. Also, I agree with many of you that have said that when you go to purchase something from an on line company (or any company for that matter) and you don't like the cost of shipping, either decide to pay it anyway or don't buy the product. I know this whole shipping and handling thing is a hot topic right now but the bottom line in my opinion is that each and every company has the right to choose WHATEVER shipping cost that they want to charge the consumer and it is ultimately up to the consumer to click the buy button or not!

*anyone else hear that?* it's angels singing, the heavens have opened and wisdom has come down, THANK YOU.

Love Emily, she's the new Shelli, starting her own stamping company out of her laundry room. I love the Bellas and she does a great job (as most small business owners do) of answering her emails quickly and dealing with any problems that come up.

Every place I order from, kids clothing, toys, books, etc. Shipping is based on how much in dollars I order. I think it's the most fair way. Aside from weighing and keying into the system how much each shirt or book or pair of socks might weigh and then factoring in packaging I don't know that there is another way. But, there's no point in trying to explain things, some people just don't want to hear it...what can you do?

Go buy some bellas, buy more, it's a better deal on shipping
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-27-2007, 07:41 PM   #82  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplaceView Post
*anyone else hear that?* it's angels singing, the heavens have opened and wisdom has come down, THANK YOU.

Love Emily, she's the new Shelli, starting her own stamping company out of her laundry room. I love the Bellas and she does a great job (as most small business owners do) of answering her emails quickly and dealing with any problems that come up.

Every place I order from, kids clothing, toys, books, etc. Shipping is based on how much in dollars I order. I think it's the most fair way. Aside from weighing and keying into the system how much each shirt or book or pair of socks might weigh and then factoring in packaging I don't know that there is another way. But, there's no point in trying to explain things, some people just don't want to hear it...what can you do?

Go buy some bellas, buy more, it's a better deal on shipping

ding, ding, ding!

and the winner is... JUST BUY MORE! this is what i have been trying to say as well!
Old 05-28-2007, 06:45 AM   #83  
Die Cut Diva

Still waiting for those bellas to make an appearance at my LSS. I know they placed an order a while back. I am excited to own some bellas!
Old 05-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #84  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefanView Post
It makes nearly a $10 difference on what used to be $150 worth of product to get the same product after the increased 5% and the increased shipping. They add the tax first here and then figure the shipping on that. So in the end $10 on each order over the course of a year (we do about 10 orders a year) means a $100 increase.

Additionally, you ASSUMED I was talking about SU. You may assume what you want, but I order from many companies. It is not the company, it is the policy that some companies are adopting that affects the overall cost much more than a simple shipping increase. Business wise, these companies were much smarter to profit by raising prices, and thus automatically getting more on the shipping than those who simply passed on the higher shipping cost. They need to know that customers are aware of exactly who is playing which end.
I didn't ASSume anything... based on your posts the past two weeks, I KNOW exactly what you were referring to.... don't dodge dear!
Old 05-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #85  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmaykView Post
Hello,

I realize there have been threads in the past about the shipping & handling fees that online stamp companies charge and I understand that the companies have to recover the costs of buying shipping materials, etc. However, I just went to place an order for ONE un-mounted bella stamp (a $6.27 cdn stamp) and the regular shipping was quoted at $13.39. In the past when I've ordered bellas I received about 5 or so stamps in a small bubble envelope that cost $1.95 in postage to mail. A $7.12 handling fee on a $6.27 stamp seems very steep to me.

Have the bella shipping & handling fees gone up recently?
Hi Cindy,
Just did more digging and investigating with Canada Post yet again! I have eliminated the letterpost option as lots of orders have gone 'astray' that way and I like to make sure that my sistahs receive their goodies! That is why I have introducted options with Canada Post.
just for your information so that you know how Canada Post works, please go to Canada Post.ca and check out the published rates and this will convince you that the postal rates within Canada are quite high. Of course if someone within Canada wants a teeny envie with the stamp, I am always more than happy to accomodate!

Have a happy day!
Em

thanks!
Em
Old 05-28-2007, 01:07 PM   #86  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama
Default Whew~

Are the winds starting to kick up in here???

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Old 05-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #87  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmamaView Post
Are the winds starting to kick up in here???
Yeah, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore... I must have dreamed everything up!
Old 05-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #88  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmemView Post
hello all's
I am glad the majority of the sistahs 'know' me and understand what I am all about!

Em
what's not to love! We all want to *be* you when we grow up!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youíve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me