Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Halloween Treats (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/halloween-treats-377244/)

cmaibauer 08-27-2008 06:53 AM

Halloween Treats

Besides bag toppers what are some other creative, quick and easy ways to present candy to trick or treators? Pictures are always nice as I am a visual learner.

Thx

postcardgirl 08-27-2008 07:30 AM

I LOVE the sour cream containers - Instructions Here.

mullycat 08-27-2008 07:33 AM

texasjodylynn had a cool boxy bag tutorial on her blog not too long ago - you could check that out!

Linda Ohio now GA 08-27-2008 11:26 AM

I just made 30 little cardstock box/baskets and attached a handle with brads. I will fill these little treat containers with candy for the employees at our post office. I spoil them every Halloween and Christmas.

Blake's Mom 08-27-2008 11:35 AM

I found these online (and gasped out loud at the price!!!) and thought it would be easy to make your own belly band to go around a little treat like these candy corn bags.

I also loved the sample in the SU catty that uses a brown paper lunch sack to make a broom and assume you could have it hold candy if you left the bottom of the sack in one piece (it's on page 29 of the current/new catty). This is probably more work than anyone would want to do for all of the trick or treaters, but maybe it would work if you need a few special treats for kids' friends/neighbors.

cmaibauer 08-27-2008 12:08 PM

Ouch... no kidding about the price $98 for 36 bags of candy corn (which most people, myself included, don't even like!)

ljwh02 08-27-2008 12:36 PM

I want to try the french fri containers so bad....I asked my local mcdonalds for a clean one to use as my template.....that is what I will be making this year for my kids treats for there schools.

creatingisfun 08-27-2008 12:39 PM

oh i like the french fries idea. cute

smriti 08-27-2008 12:43 PM

Subbing...always tempted to boxes and bags!

buttons2 08-27-2008 03:46 PM

Here's what I made one year for my choir people:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...8&si=halloween

Wanda

cmaibauer 08-28-2008 11:51 AM

I just broke down and bought a paper crimper and made some sour cream containers. Talk about easy and super cute! I bought a 125 piece bag of Hershey's candy's at BJ's and each mini candy fits inside of a sour cream container. I was hoping to fit two but one is fine. They are very quick to make and take much less time than a bag topper (at least for me they did).

creatingisfun 08-28-2008 11:55 AM

yes ive doen the sour cream containers before, and real easy to make.
loved that little container ;)

allamericanstampers 08-28-2008 01:17 PM

Deb posted a really neat idea here, but I'm sure to make a few would be some work! http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...heangelcompany

and last year TIC TAC containers were popular. You can get them at Costco or the dollar store. Here's a sample in my gallery which of course I found the idea elsewhere! :wink: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=33605

Quiltnstamper 08-28-2008 02:13 PM

The sour cream containers are just too cute. I am going to have to make those.

Phillis 09-03-2008 11:36 AM

Jelly Jars

How about jelly jars filled with candy and decorating the lid. That's what I'm attempting for this Halloween. Because of the glass they will be meant for adults only. They can be given to co-workers, secret pals, secretary, teacher, doctor...etc.

Crisanne 09-03-2008 12:48 PM

We always have a whole pile of kids coming to the door for Halloween! I plan on getting the mini reese's peanut butter cups and stamping the images from batty for you, punching them out and then taping to the bottom. For my kids and their cousins I think I will make the coffin box, you can find the pattern in the templates, and putting candy in it for them.

jessjean 09-03-2008 12:55 PM

GinaK shared a halloween treat pouch tutorial with her one of her new stamp sets on her blog ealier this morning. Check it out here. Be sure to scroll down to the part 2 of her post.

charkinsmom 09-03-2008 01:10 PM

Here are a few treat boxes of mine. The first was for Valentine's Day but you could easily change it to Halloween. I made them for halloween in a smaller version for my daughter's class but no photos. The second one is a tote box that I made for halloween for her class another year.

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1041989?cat=500&ppuser=106414
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1041990?cat=500&ppuser=106414

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1041991?cat=500&ppuser=106414

stpagan 09-03-2008 02:13 PM

pillow boxes with halloween images stamped on them and a few candies in them is a great little treat .

Kerilou 09-03-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljwh02 (Post 11088350)
I want to try the french fri containers so bad....I asked my local mcdonalds for a clean one to use as my template.....that is what I will be making this year for my kids treats for there schools.

That is what I made last year! I got a template online somewhere. This is what mine looked like:

http://a-country-life.blogspot.com/2...ween-2007.html

In 2006, this is what I made:

http://a-country-life.blogspot.com/2...halloween.html

I love making tricks or treats most of all!

Kerilou

stampinboilermaker 09-03-2008 05:57 PM

I made matchbook candy covers and stapled 2 life savers into them..they were cute and easy! http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=33711

As for the discussion about the sour cream containers, check out this gallery link for sour cream bats: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...y=0&thumbcheck=

ADORABLE!

stampinboilermaker 09-03-2008 06:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljwh02 (Post 11088350)

Attached are 2 templates I have used for these..the Adobe file is the SU! template and the Word doc is from qbee with 2 fry boxes on one page--kid friendly size and less paper waste!

This link is to jersgirls for another fry box http://www.jersgirl.com/templates/frybox_jersgirl.jpg

HTH!

postcardgirl 09-03-2008 06:19 PM

omg, those sour cream container bats are too incredibly cute!!

nurseleah 09-03-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmaibauer (Post 11084074)
Besides bag toppers what are some other creative, quick and easy ways to present candy to trick or treators? Pictures are always nice as I am a visual learner.

Thx

Another really quick idea is using glass baby food jars. All you need to do is wash them out and fill with candy. Then attach some ribbon around the lid and decorate the top of the lid with a circle of punched patterned paper. You could get more complex by using halloween rub ons on the glass or adding a tag to the ribbon saying happy halloween. I've used this idea to make birthday party favors using SU's Bugs and Kisses. I filled the jars with gummy worms, stamped the worm and punched it out with a circle punch, then added a tag stamped with cute as a bug. If I had a pic I would add it, but I don't.

amybeene 09-03-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blake's Mom (Post 11087615)

I also loved the sample in the SU catty that uses a brown paper lunch sack to make a broom and assume you could have it hold candy if you left the bottom of the sack in one piece (it's on page 29 of the current/new catty). This is probably more work than anyone would want to do for all of the trick or treaters, but maybe it would work if you need a few special treats for kids' friends/neighbors.

i HAVE to figure out how to do those! i wanted to make them for the other kindergarten teachers in my school

Lisa S 09-03-2008 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I posted these to my gallery/blog last week

Test Tubes were found in the MS Halloween Section at Michaels...I made my own template to hold them.

cmaibauer 09-04-2008 02:32 AM

Wow Kerilou you do some wonderful stuff for Halloween. I love the cows on your blog! So cute.

Kerilou 09-04-2008 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmaibauer (Post 11180915)
Wow Kerilou you do some wonderful stuff for Halloween. I love the cows on your blog! So cute.

Thanks! I am very rural, and only have a dozen or less Trick or Treaters, so I can do something a bit more involved!

Kerilou

princessdi69 09-04-2008 03:02 AM

here is what i made last year for my youngest son's classmates.. I'm sure they can be resized to something smaller.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=44893

tay0479 09-04-2008 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blake's Mom (Post 11087615)
I found these online (and gasped out loud at the price!!!) and thought it would be easy to make your own belly band to go around a little treat like these candy corn bags.

I saw a similar thing in the catty pg. 112. I was going to make these with the batty for you set instead of Perfect Timing and use Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Perfect Plum and Use Basic Black as a filler with the candy.

The boo bag on Pg 30 gave me another idea. I made small boxes with Halloween Backgrounds stamped on it. I am going to fill up some bags and tie them off with ribbon and the eek tag form on of the tag set (can't remeber which one).

charming 09-04-2008 09:24 AM

Witches Broom!
this was one project I am kicking myself for not inventing. really cute.

couldn't you use a paper shredder?
and only run the papersack in halfway?

plmk I can borrow one from the neighbor!
on second thought,
I'll race you.
go!

anniesmom 09-04-2008 09:57 AM

Those bat sour cream containers are very cute and clever.

I have made the containers that are crafted after folded paper cups. I did not take a picture bt I did get the idea from the gallery here.

stamp2stamp2 09-04-2008 05:25 PM

These are great ideas. I'm going to have to try the coffin boxes soon. Has anyone sold them at fall craft fairs with any success?

Happy Stamping and Scrapping

rita

anniesmom 09-05-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Michael's (MS collection) carries a kit to make these witch broom sacks. I think they were 6.99. They came with everything to make the project including the sticks. I think each kit makes six treat sacks. Not too bad if you use a coupon.

AlbiaStamper 09-05-2008 05:38 AM

I just posted on my blog a cute 'wrapper' for a hershey bar that I am doing for my son's class halloween party.
nancy

anniesmom 09-05-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesmom (Post 11197062)
Michael's (MS collection) carries a kit to make these witch broom sacks. I think they were 6.99. They came with everything to make the project including the sticks. I think each kit makes six treat sacks. Not too bad if you use a coupon.

Correction...the price is 9.99 and the kit does make 6 treat sacks.

anniesmom 09-05-2008 11:51 AM

I tackled the witches broom on my own. I did not want to pay the 9.99 for the kit. Instead I found smaller brown lunch sacks and a stick from my yard. Here is my attempt

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...00&ppuser=3580

missiowa81 09-05-2008 12:12 PM

I made a few of these treat pockets last year for Halloween for a few special friends. Flat candy bars, like Kit Kat or Hershey's, fit nicely. My nieces got Halloween pencils and a candy bar. My friends got a professional-grade nail file and a candy bar. Here's another sample.

You could also make these party favors with Halloween paper. They will hold a mini candy bar or other "bite-sized" Halloween candy like those mini packets of Skittles, or 5-6 Hershey's kisses. You have to scroll to the end of the tutorial to see the finished product.

squirrellyshirley 09-05-2008 12:46 PM

We just got a request from school to do NO CANDY/FOOD for celebrations this year (with all the peanut allergies)........What else could I put in some of these cute containers for Halloween??

missiowa81 09-05-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrellyshirley (Post 11203069)
We just got a request from school to do NO CANDY/FOOD for celebrations this year (with all the peanut allergies)........What else could I put in some of these cute containers for Halloween??

I know for my nieces I've done hair scrunchies, barrettes, lip balm, little beaded bracelets on stretchy elastic, stuff like that.

For little boys??? I'd go through the aisle at Walmart that has the packages of "party favors" for kids. Yo-Yos, super bouncy balls, mini plastic dinosaurs, etc? (Depending on how old they are--have you seen those half-sized Sharpie markies? Those would be fun for older kids! You could buy the multi-pen sets and split them up. Give each kid a couple different colors.