Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Gulf Shores, AL--any stamping stores??? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/gulf-shores-al-any-stamping-stores-419161/)

Luciesfloozies 02-13-2009 05:39 PM

Gulf Shores, AL--any stamping stores???

I'll be going to Gulf Shores, Alabama in 4 weeks.
Does anyone know of any stamping stores that I can visit while I am there?? Will be staying at "Sea Scape".
Thanks!!!

Luciesfloozies 02-18-2009 10:59 AM

Anyone familiar with the area??

ProudMountaineer 02-18-2009 11:17 AM

We would go there pretty often when we lived in LA. I don't ever recall seeing any. It is more resort stuff wih more shopping in Foleyn not far away.

scrapinmississippi 02-18-2009 01:39 PM

Yes, there is Gigi's. I will try to get number and address for you.

mtgchic 02-18-2009 01:42 PM

There is one called Gigi's that is right by the outlet mall. If you're on the main road, turn at the intersection with Chickfila & Lambert's. Then drive until you feel you must have passed it, and then it will be on your left. Here is their website, which may have slightly better directions: http://www.gigiscrapbookin.com/

(also if you do go to the outlet mall (Ann Taylor! Heaven!!!) pick up a "vacation guide" at any restaurant/tourist center first and you can get a coupon for a free coupon book for almost every store in the outlet mall!)

also try Lulu's for eating-yummy!! Hope you have fun!

NancyK. 02-18-2009 02:47 PM

Gigi's is more scrapbooking than stamping - they have a nice selection of scrapbook paper.

Luciesfloozies 02-18-2009 03:32 PM

Thanks so much for the suggestions!!
Almost ate at Lulu's 2 years ago, but didn't for some reason.

mtgchic 02-18-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkirk (Post 13161810)
Gigi's is more scrapbooking than stamping - they have a nice selection of scrapbook paper.

That is right...but we have such a lack of stamping stores here that I will take anything papercraft related!!! :)

Benzi 02-18-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchic (Post 13165111)
That is right...but we have such a lack of stamping stores here that I will take anything papercraft related!!! :)

MTGCHIC, Do you ever visit Sir Stamps A Lot in Homewood? That is in your area and a super stamp store I'm told. Going in a few weeks. My sister and neighbor have been there and love it.

Just1more 02-18-2009 07:00 PM

We are thinking about the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores area for vacation this year. My husband was told the beaches are really nice. Let me know what you think of the area!

Benzi 02-18-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just1more (Post 13165339)
We are thinking about the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores area for vacation this year. My husband was told the beaches are really nice. Let me know what you think of the area!

I love it! Go there just about every summer. My sister has a condo there and
if you visit, you may want to visit Fairhope, AL. Wonderful old Southern area.
You may want to go online and read about it. Beautiful old downtown located on the Eastern Shore of the Mobile Bay. Close to Orange Beach. The Orange Beach beaches are very white and beautiful.

mtgchic 02-18-2009 07:28 PM

My FIL has a condo in Orange Beach so we go there at least once a year--we like it better than Destin FL because it hasn't gotten too overcrowded yet. And of course the beaches are amazing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzi (Post 13165289)
MTGCHIC, Do you ever visit Sir Stamps A Lot in Homewood? That is in your area and a super stamp store I'm told. Going in a few weeks. My sister and neighbor have been there and love it.

I went there once a few months ago when I just got into stamping...it seemed to me the stamps they carried didn't really match my style. Plus the ENTIRE time I was in there (a good 20 minutes, I'd say) the saleslady was discussing her relative's ailments, medications, and treatments on the phone, so that kind of turned me off. I guess I should go back and give it another try!

Benzi 02-18-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchic (Post 13165615)
My FIL has a condo in Orange Beach so we go there at least once a year--we like it better than Destin FL because it hasn't gotten too overcrowded yet. And of course the beaches are amazing!

I went there once a few months ago when I just got into stamping...it seemed to me the stamps they carried didn't really match my style. Plus the ENTIRE time I was in there (a good 20 minutes, I'd say) the saleslady was discussing her relative's ailments, medications, and treatments on the phone, so that kind of turned me off. I guess I should go back and give it another try!

Oh, too bad. I think she is getting in new things now from market. Maybe you should give her another try. And, maybe she now has more stamps that you can choose from. I was told she has a huge amount of stamps. The website tells how many different kinds of stamps she sells.