Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Guess where I found Jiffy Pop???? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/guess-where-i-found-jiffy-pop-16437/)

StampinLeslie 11-14-2004 07:39 AM

Guess where I found Jiffy Pop????

Target's Dollar Section!!!

(I bought TEN!)

Perfect for holiday gifts with a blockbuster gift card tucked in a little pocket on the front. Check out this one posted in my gallery if you're interested. It's not the cutest one that I did last year, but it's the only one I have uploaded.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...cat=500&page=1

Hope this inspires someone today!

Leslie

:D :D :D :D

stampintree 11-14-2004 07:56 AM

Cute idea! Like the movie place card/gift certificate idea. I found them at Target too - I haven't been in there in a year! And it's my favorite store to shop (it's an hour away from me now). I picked up a couple to try. Thanks for the ideas!

Kymbers_Stampin 11-14-2004 07:56 AM

That's cool with Blockbuster Card in there.

Want to laugh, I showed my daughter and she who is 13 was like "what's a jiffy pop?" with a very odd look on her face. Microwave popcorn is all she's known I guess. Maybe I'll get some just to show her.

StampinLeslie 11-14-2004 07:59 AM

It's interesting -- it now has a black bottom instead of a silver bottom, which they say makes it pop faster -- of course I thought -- wow -- now I can use GOLD instead of silver accents!!! :)

Although now that I look at it -- the handle is still silver, so I guess I'm still going to be using the silver accents . . . :(

stampintree 11-14-2004 08:02 AM

Had to show my 9 and 4 year old daughters too. They thought it was cool. I told them Jiffy Pop was the predecessor to microwave popcorn. Told them about how we had to make popcorn in the "old days".

What a neat way to bring Jiffy Pop back to the mainstream!

StampinHappyInCT 11-14-2004 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinLeslie
... it now has a black bottom instead of a silver bottom

I was so disappointed to find the black bottom on the Jiffy Pop. I, personally, think it is ugly!! What were the makers of Jiffy Pop thinking when they did this?!?!? :wink:

CrabbyAbbe 11-14-2004 10:21 AM

I saw those at Target a few weeks back too, didn't buy any, but now I am thinking I might go back. Just a quick question, do you need to have an account at blockbuster to buy gift cards there? And, do you have to have an account to redeem them? TIA

Kymbers_Stampin 11-14-2004 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrabbyAbbe
I saw those at Target a few weeks back too, didn't buy any, but now I am thinking I might go back. Just a quick question, do you need to have an account at blockbuster to buy gift cards there? And, do you have to have an account to redeem them? TIA

No account needed. You can actually buy Blockbuster cards at various grocery stores in most towns. The cards can be used for rentals or for purchases and you don't need an account to purchase videos either.

pjbstamper 11-14-2004 11:38 AM

I saw the Jiffy Pop also and noticed that black bottom. I was hoping that was an upgrade so it could be used on glass top stoves - nope! But for a dollar, I guess it doesn't really matter if they can't use it.

RenHoward 11-14-2004 01:40 PM

regular popcorn

Not to hijack your posting, but a funny story about popcorn............Just for reference, I'm 33-- not a geezer YET! A while back, I was in the store and bought a bag of popcorn kernels to use in our hot air popper. My husband likes it because the popcorn isn't loaded with junk like it can be in the microwave bags, and my kids like to use the air popper to make popcorn to bag for their lunches. So there I was at the checkout and the cashier who was about 20 said......"what would you use this for?" "Uh.....popcorn--it's white, crunchy, you eat it" was my reply to the confused look on her face. She said "but how would you fix it?" I said "well.....we have a hot air popper, but you can use a pot with a lid and some hot oil." She proceeded to tell me that she couldn't even remember ever NOT doing popcorn any other way than in the microwave. She called a couple of baggers over --more girls who were between 18 and 20 and asked them if they would know what to do with popcorn kernels in a bag. None of them did either! I couldn't believe it. Still can't. What's up with this? Has anyone else had this kind of experience? It still makes me laugh.

Kymbers_Stampin 11-14-2004 02:13 PM

Only with my own child who wouldn't have a clue about anything other than microwave or movie theatre popcorn. She would never understand oil and kernels, it would be too much for her.

Just wondering, what do those teens that work at the movies think the first time they are introduced to the professional poppers?

cjzim 11-14-2004 03:01 PM

I'm a preschool teacher and we make popcorn in a hot-air popper every year at Thanksgiving time and also any time the child who is supposed to be providing the daily snack forgets - we just whip out the air popper and sit in a circle and have the fun of watching the corn pop. Glad to say I'm doing my part in keeping "real" popcorn alive! :)

Claudia

RenHoward 11-14-2004 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymbers_Stampin
Just wondering, what do those teens that work at the movies think the first time they are introduced to the professional poppers?

What a great point! Had to laugh at that. I'm sure that some of them kind of scratch their heads the first time! :lol:

StampinSheryl 11-14-2004 03:43 PM

Thanks so Much for The Example!

That was great! I was planning on doing a movie gift bowl for my sister for Christmas and I will definitely add this in. Too cute!!
Alas, we dont' have the black bottom Jiffy Pop here in Canada yet. Just the silver bottom. And we sure don't have it in the dollar stores!! It's $2.49 here!!!
My kids were fascinated with watching it pop. Way more fun than the microwave!