Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-24-2006, 05:04 AM   #41  
Stampin' Fool

want the watercolor crayons
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-24-2006, 06:18 AM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose
No no no no no!!! LOL

You're looking at it all backwards!!!!!

See - these colors are a simple trendy bonus, to be used IF YOU WANT them. They'll only be around for a year - and I'm SURE that part of their reasoning is, if we make them available in everything, demos will feel they have to buy them all! For a temporary color!??!!

Then we would have complaints about that!!!!!

SO - the way I CHOOSE to look at it (and I guess I'm an optimist) is - I don't HAVE to buy them but I CAN if I WANT to.

Nobody is making anyone buy any of them, right??!!!??!
I totally agree! I'm SURE SU! didn't intend for this to be a topic for people to get upset over!

My gallery
My blog!

Old 08-24-2006, 06:20 AM   #43  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

My guess is that they didn't do the markers bc too many people would just go for the markers and not the pads, especially since they're limited editions. I would have.
It was a smarter business choice to do the pads with no markers.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:07 AM   #44  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbirus
My guess is that they didn't do the markers bc too many people would just go for the markers and not the pads, especially since they're limited editions. I would have.
It was a smarter business choice to do the pads with no markers.
Interesing thought.

Personally, I HATE coloring my stamps. Reasons: My eyesight isn't too good (I have to take my glasses off to work as it is), and I don't color things right, it's too tedious, and a stamp pad is way easier. I don't have any spots either, though. But yes, some people might have decided to just get the markers, as that would have been cheaper.

Well - if those who want markers let SU! know how they feel, then maybe next year they WILL do the "In Colors" with markers too! Ya never know!

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Old 08-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

I totally LOVE markers, but I would have bought spots irregardless and won't buy the large pads until SU! figures out a better pad (hate the concave pad and the threads that come loose off the pad). I sure hope they come out with a marker!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2006, 05:10 PM   #46  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55
I totally LOVE markers, but I would have bought spots irregardless and won't buy the large pads until SU! figures out a better pad (hate the concave pad and the threads that come loose off the pad). I sure hope they come out with a marker!
I thought I was the only one to have an "issue" with those stupid pads that cup!!!! They drive me nuts!...and those pesky threads - don't get me started on those!!! SU is the ONLY brand of inkpad that I have that has ever done this -- even the cheapie pads from Walmart perform to a higher standard. I think that the SU cases must cost more than the regular ones and they keep the cost down by going with a lesser quality pad and glue under the pad. The ink pads in the new cases are bad news and I can't believe there aren't more complaints about them. JMHO
Old 08-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #47  
Inking Addict

Boss, I SO hear you!
Old 08-25-2006, 04:45 AM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

I guess it's just because I don't have any comparison but I don't see what the issue is with the pads. Mine do cave in a bit, I guess, but they still ink up stamps well, which is all that matters to me! And I'm pretty sure that I have some threads sticking out but it hasn't hurt anything yet and it's been over two years?

Anyway, as to the original post, I would love to have markers in the In Color selection. I think it's a great idea for those of us who want them to let SU! know so that maybe next year they will make a different choice of items to have in the new In Color selections.

And -- separate 12x12 would be great, too. Although for me personally it's not as important I can see how someone who loves one color in particular would want to be able to buy it separately! So let's campaign for that as well!

Old 08-25-2006, 05:24 AM   #49  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss
The ink pads in the new cases are bad news and I can't believe there aren't more complaints about them. JMHO
hummm I haven't ever had a problem with them inking up a stamp - I haven't noticed any of my pads being concave to a noticable point - I do have a few threads but that is because I have a tendancy to rub the stamp across my pad instead of tapping...
Old 08-25-2006, 05:38 AM   #50  
Kookie Creator

The old ink pads are much better, in my opinion. I have all the old pads and love them. They've withstood 7 years of torture and none of them are concave at all. My demo's pads are all concave and I have a very hard time inking up a stamp when I use the new pads. I don't why they changed the pads. It was the worst decision they ever made. JMHO.

Logging in each and every day to be inspired by SCS'ers everywhere!
Old 08-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #51  

I think a fair discussion about the pads could be undertaken without the rah rah type of posts some use. LOL

Yes, I get annoyed when I have to work hard at inking up a stamp pad with a somewhat curved pad. But I know I used to get annoyed at the old style when the lid would get in the way. And you could remove the lid but that was a pain too. Whatever. I deal with it cos I love the colors. I get some threads too. BUT the threads were ALSO on the old pads, I well remember that. They are actually less consequential with the pads this way, because the threads usually get turned under for me. With the old style pads, they would hang out. I always had the edges of my inkpads striped with color from threads!!!

So - are SU! pads different somehow that they do this? Am I too abusive when I stamp?

Old 08-25-2006, 01:54 PM   #52  
Die Cut Diva

how popular are the stampin up markers... I use them a lot for my classes, but rarely sell them at all. That could be part of it. The in color colors are new, and trendy colors, not entirely likely to see them forever... it is possible that SU will keep a few of the popular ones, then again Just jeans background stamp was only in one catty year... it depends what is " hip" ya it stinks you can't get the markers, it's not that big of a deal to make your own- and well if it is that big of a deal other places/companies sell/make similar colors as mentioned earlier.
I think they are used a lot in the Holiday mini b/c they look good together, and the thyme and cranberry are awesome together or with night of navy for a christmas card - i just did a 5 for 5 using those three colors and very vanilla as my neutral- My customers loved it. They are a little upset with the 12x12 situation, but are okay with it. They bought one pack of 12x12 and then one of a few of the others in 81/2 x11 to use as mats on their other crafting ventures.
I think its just SU's way of dealing with the new trends without taking a way the fairly new colors they already added in the 2005/ 2006 catty.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:52 PM   #53  
Inking Addict

I heard a rumor on another board that SU was going to offer the markers in an upcoming mini. Can anyone confirm?
Old 08-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #54  

Well, the markers aren't in the holiday mini, which runs from Sept. 1 til Nov. 30, and since the "In Color" colors are only supposed to be for one year - each pad even has '07 on the end of it - I sincerely doubt we will see markers for half a year.

And I'd guess only someone really high up the chain would know that - and I doubt they would be willing to release that kind of info three months ahead of time!!!

bugaboooo, I wouldn't look for ANY of these six colors to be around after next July. I think the whole point is to change them every year and thus offer really "trendy" colors.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

bugaboooo, I wouldn't look for ANY of these six colors to be around after next July. I think the whole point is to change them every year and thus offer really "trendy" colors.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you , just saying it is not impossible, the in colors are extremely close to some of the current colors, but some what different.
I dont expect it, but SU always has surprises up there sleeves, I am sure some is last minute decision and some careful thought out planning.
I like the fact they are offering these colors and then newer colors every year. Y? because the trends do change yearly ( if not more than that). and they are compatible with the color catagories that are already offered. I love the thyme, cranberry with night of navy and other rich regals while the merigold looks good with the earth elements and cool caribbean with bold brights and even soft subtles. in the end as a demo we wont know what to expect till a retired list is released. They say they are no longer offering them. I will say that they are also no longer offering former hostess sets in the new catty's ( they used to include the popular ones for sale such as burst into bloom) sell a bration sets are now limited edition only available for the promotion and minimal mini sets will make it into the new catty. They say limited means just that - 1 time only.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:33 PM   #56  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniart
I heard a rumor on another board that SU was going to offer the markers in an upcoming mini. Can anyone confirm?
not available in the winter mini for sept through nov. who knows.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:42 PM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggab0o0
not available in the winter mini for sept through nov. who knows.
Winter Mini hasn't been mailed yet -- we're getting ready to head into the Holiday Mini next week. Still have a few months yet to see what the Winter Mini has in store!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 08-25-2006, 06:48 PM   #58  

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggab0o0
I agree with you , just saying it is not impossible, the in colors are extremely close to some of the current colors, but some what different.

I dont expect it, but SU always has surprises up there sleeves, I am sure some is last minute decision and some careful thought out planning.
I like the fact they are offering these colors and then newer colors every year. Y? because the trends do change yearly ( if not more than that). and they are compatible with the color catagories that are already offered. I love the thyme, cranberry with night of navy and other rich regals while the merigold looks good with the earth elements and cool caribbean with bold brights and even soft subtles. in the end as a demo we wont know what to expect till a retired list is released. They say they are no longer offering them. I will say that they are also no longer offering former hostess sets in the new catty's ( they used to include the popular ones for sale such as burst into bloom) sell a bration sets are now limited edition only available for the promotion and minimal mini sets will make it into the new catty. They say limited means just that - 1 time only.
Yeah!!!! My friends like the cranberry better than Bravo Burgundy. I'd love it if they kept them all! And you're right, you never know what surprises they might offer!

Old 08-25-2006, 07:45 PM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by staramaze
Whatever your feeling on the subject I really suggest you let SU know. The "In Color" line is a new concept, and I am sure they want to hear feedback from Customers and demos both!
Yuh-huh. It is a new thing for them. If you want more, let them know.

And someone said not having the new In Colors in markers, spots, etc... didn't make sense. It actually does, just we might not like the reasons. One big one being, they don't have that much room on their pick line. Another being, the cost of developing and manufacturing these additional products for only one year.

I too would love to be able to order 12x12 in the individual packs. As for markers, I have found that Cranberry Crisp is pretty similar to Baroque Burgundy, and many of my other markers are similar enough that it isn't obvious that it is a different color, so I get by (not suggesting that would be good enough for everyone, but it keeps this gal happy).

One thing I think we might see in the future if they continue offering different In Color products is empty spots. If you have ideas about how to make In Color more versatile, you should submit them. SU listens. Furreal.

The dreamers of the day are dangerous people,For they dream their dreams with open eyes,And make them come true.- D.H. Lawrence

Old 08-29-2006, 12:26 PM   #60  
Rubber Obsessor

I was not thrilled w/ that either, I think if they are bringing in new colors, then they should have the markers and spots available as well...

they don't have spots for the neutrals either and that is annoying to me...not sure they have markers to match all neutrals either???? hhmmm....should ck on that.

Guess we could all let our SU demo know we think they should do it! and maybe if they get enough input we could see them in the spring or summer mini!! worth a shot anyway!