Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Groovy Guava? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/groovy-guava-332526/)

pattyandellie 03-13-2008 02:29 PM

Groovy Guava?

I just cracked open my new Groovy Guava Ink Pad and am slightly dissappointed. My pad looks like a burnt/rusty orange. Is this right? I was hoping for a shade more towards Cameo Coral. Any thoughts?
TIA
-Patty

Dobby 03-13-2008 02:33 PM

Most of my lighter color stamp pads look horrible at first glance (off color), but they are the correct color when you actually use them.

kphorse 03-13-2008 02:37 PM

Oh, that;s it! The ink looks awful until you stamp something!

pattyandellie 03-13-2008 02:42 PM

I did stamp an image

I stamped several images with the Groovy Guava ink pad on both whisper white and vanilla cardstock... still came out Orangish instead of the pictured color. Ugh. I SOOO wanted this color, now I'm not so sure! :(

kphorse 03-13-2008 03:24 PM

I had that problem with Sahara Sand last year. I got the full size pad and the ink was awful, but I also bought the reinker to make my own spots and I had a better color? Do you think it is a dye lot difference or can it be the pad?

My Groovy Guava is a spot I made, so I don't have the big pad in it?

anniesmom 03-13-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse (Post 9141444)
I had that problem with Sahara Sand last year. I got the full size pad and the ink was awful, but I also bought the reinker to make my own spots and I had a better color? Do you think it is a dye lot difference or can it be the pad?

My Groovy Guava is a spot I made, so I don't have the big pad in it?

This is a great idea. How did you make a spot? What did you use for the ink pad?

stampwithsue2 03-13-2008 03:45 PM

Get a new one..
SU! is really great about this..
Contact your Demo or Call yourself if you are a demo..
You don't have to fix it by buying more product..
My 2 cents
:)

stamphappy1650 03-13-2008 03:48 PM

My gg is also a light really rust and I checked with my SU demonstrator and she said that is the color. I found that Blush Bossom is a good color for GG paper. Its more the color I thought I was going to get with GG.

kphorse 03-13-2008 04:15 PM

I buy my blank felt spots from www.welburngourdfarm.com

here: http://www.welburngourdfarm.com/inde...ROD&ProdID=124

I have been getting them here for a couple of years.

www.franticstamper.com will have some soon and she is going to get some of the foam spots for craft and chalk inks!

mztamela 03-13-2008 06:36 PM

I was considering buying the Coral instead of the Guava. Is there that much difference? Especially considering it's only around for a year?

Has anyone used the Coral with Rose red? What would you suggest as a fairly close second to the Guava/Pomegranate combo? I think that's the right names. I haven't actually seen them since I moved away from my demo last September. Kind of out of the loop here.

lfw 03-14-2008 02:53 AM

blank felt spots

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse (Post 9142080)
I buy my blank felt spots from www.welburngourdfarm.com

here: http://www.welburngourdfarm.com/inde...ROD&ProdID=124

I have been getting them here for a couple of years.

www.franticstamper.com will have some soon and she is going to get some of the foam spots for craft and chalk inks!

This is so good to know. Thanks for the information. I hope it's real soon that www.franticstamper.com get the spots in stock. :)

pattyandellie 03-16-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mztamela (Post 9144617)
I was considering buying the Coral instead of the Guava. Is there that much difference? Especially considering it's only around for a year?

Has anyone used the Coral with Rose red? What would you suggest as a fairly close second to the Guava/Pomegranate combo? I think that's the right names. I haven't actually seen them since I moved away from my demo last September. Kind of out of the loop here.

I haven't used them together, but I did pass on the pomegranate because I read on another thread that they where awfully close- color wise.

PS my guava is still looking orange!!!! ugh!:mad:

Mis.ty 03-16-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mztamela (Post 9144617)

I used the Coral on Guava cardstock and it looks fine. You're right Coral c.s. with Rose red c.s. is pretty close to the guava/pomegranate combo.

Mis.ty 03-16-2008 02:40 PM

PS my guava is still looking orange!!!! ugh!:mad:

I'd send it back either for a replacement or get something else. The demo will certainly accomodate you.