Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   greeting card organizer (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/greeting-card-organizer-9100/)

Jami 09-11-2004 11:05 PM

greeting card organizer

I was just looking through my Gooseberry Patch catalog (such cute stuff) and saw a couple of greeting card organizers...you know the ones with a pocket for every month, and a place to note special dates on each pocket, spiral bound. Anyway, there are rally cute, but I thought what a shame it would be to put hand stamped cards in a "store bought" organizer. Some place must sell those things just blank/white. Anybody know off-hand of a resource for those?

debbiejjackson 09-11-2004 11:15 PM

My upline had one that someone had made with SU stuff. It was very cute. A page for each month of the year and it was spiral bound. I only looked at it for a minute, but if I remember correctly it was made with a full sheet of CS and the bottom of the cs was folded up to create a pocket. We were just talking about this at a workshop I had today and IU had forgotten about those. I guess I will need to try and see what I come up with.

Jami 09-11-2004 11:18 PM

Thanks Debbie. I figured I could make one too, but I think it would be really great to find them pre-made. Lazy I guess, huh? :roll:

debbiejjackson 09-11-2004 11:34 PM

Nope, not lazy at all. More fun just to start stamping right away and not have to figure out the best way to make them before the stamping begins.

Lazy is actually my middle name :lol:

Genise Bald 09-12-2004 04:06 AM

Send it in!!

Jamie,

I think you should make a "sample" of what you want and send it to Stampin' up! It's a great idea and ya never know, you might just get an award!
A few years ago I sent in an idea and "my own version" of some stencils that I had made and I received the "Bright Idea" award at convention for the Plaid Maker Stencil.
Go for it.........you have a great idea there! :wink:
Genise

NavyWyf 09-12-2004 04:39 AM

I bought one of these, unstamped, from www.stampinart.com last year. The shipping was quick, the seller was AWESOME and her artwork is very pretty! Even if you don't get one, her site is nice. Just click on the "Shopping" link and you'll see them. Also, she will send them unbound with a ring binding of your choice of colors if you prefer. I picked the color I wanted, and she bound it for me. They are only $6.75, which is a good deal if you're looking for an inexpensive gift to make for someone.

Jami 09-12-2004 06:50 PM

Thanks for the input. I may buy one for now and I may also submit my idea. I do have a very specific picture in my head. My DH says I'm always looking for things that I've made up in my head that don't really exist...I just think they should! :roll:

Inkalicious 09-12-2004 06:54 PM

I saw another picture of a card organizer in the SU! Conventions pics! I think they used white pee-chee type folder and had them spiral bound. The pic wasnt too good, it was hard to really tell what it looked loike.
Just an idea...
Tandra

Vanessa 09-12-2004 06:55 PM

If anyone wants to make one, you could fold up the card stock (or use a separate piece), using eyelets to form the pockets. I saw this idea quite a while ago, and it is what I do to form a pocket to store cards in my scrapbooks. Then just take the whole thing and have it bound at Office Max. I am thinking it would be a really cute idea to make a card organizer like that and fill it with cards for a gift.

Vanessa

jbalcer 09-12-2004 06:56 PM

Here's a terrific example that Lana sent to me. Her instructions are in the comments below the pic:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...php?photo=8245

It's AWESOME!

Jami 09-12-2004 07:01 PM

Wow! Jenn thanks for posting! Great instructions - thanks Lana!

Are there also photos of the inside?

StampsandMore 09-12-2004 07:01 PM

How about a recipe box with a tall lid so that cards fit. You could stamp the outside or decorate any way you want to, and then make dividers for the inside that say 'Birthday,' 'Sympathy,' 'Thank you,' etc.?

Lauren~

jbalcer 09-12-2004 07:02 PM

Yeppers! Here ya go:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...php?photo=8246

Jami 09-12-2004 07:05 PM

Cool! Thanks Jenn. That's exactly what I needed.

I imagine I could just go to Kinko's for spiral binding too :)

stampin3 09-12-2004 07:12 PM

That is a GREAT card organizer Lana!!! I too thank you for the idea & thread. I keep thinking I have what I am going to make for Christmas gifts and then I see more wonderful ideas here!! Just need to get all my supplies ready and start now! :D

ReindeerTrout 09-12-2004 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiejjackson
Lazy is actually my middle name :lol:

That's what the "L" stands for in Dawn L DeBois! lol

MichelleY 09-12-2004 07:25 PM

I love this idea. Fold up card stock. Stamp to match the month. Stamp a cover. Then take to one of the office supply stores and have it spiral bond and the front and back cover laminated. Great gift idea.

Thanks for posting this thread. You helped me with Christmas gift ideas!

Michelle

KGidget 09-12-2004 07:59 PM

That is an awesome idea. I've been trying to figure out how to do one of these for my grandmother - the queen of sending out cards (and with 6 kids, 18 grandkids and almost a dozen great grandkids, she's got a lot of cards to send). Now I know what to make her for Christmas!

KGidget

luvtostampstampstamp 09-29-2004 07:12 AM

OOOOO, thanks so much for sharing this! I never thought of making one of these. I had so many ideas in my head I don't know what to do first!!! I hope we have a long, hard winter so I can get all these fun things done!\
(But not to hard of a winter that the UPS and mail man can't get through...the two "other" men in my life!!!)

jarmstrong 09-29-2004 08:16 AM

Ok - does anyone have one of these Roll-A-Bind systems at home they can recommend? Can you get them in stores or do you have to order them online? Is something Michaels would have?

jbalcer 09-29-2004 08:18 AM

Julia, they carry them at Stamp Antonio. A bit pricey compared to online. Lana sent me this link. . . I think that was the best price at the time>
http://216.71.49.129/Vndrs/Rbd/Rbd_G1.html

HTH,

BasketBonnie 09-29-2004 10:15 AM

I have also seen 8 1/2 X 11 binder dividers that are white with a pocket that you could stamp and decorate for every month to make a larger Card Organizer with. I think I saw this idea on Carol Duvalls craft show along time ago.

photocropper 09-29-2004 11:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
For those of you that like to print things out - like me! I put this in a word document and thought I would share with you. This way you can print directions and pictures all on one page.

Shelley

cot10girl 09-29-2004 11:51 AM

This site is SO incredible. Thanks so much for this thread. I've been playing around with this concept for about a month. I want to make these for family Christmas gifts this year. My husband has done extensive family tree research and has a great software program (Family Tree Maker) to organize it all. We will be able to produce a complete list of family members' birthdays and anniversaries to include with each card keeper. That way all the information will be available for each recipient to fill in the people they want to include. I will add pages after the months for general topics, thank you , sympathy, baby/wedding/anniversary, etc. Can't wait to get started!

luvtostampstampstamp 09-29-2004 11:58 AM

I wonder if a feasable thing would be to check with a local printing company? They may be able to bind it. I'm doing that for a family cookbook I'm putting together this winter.

alasku2stamp 09-29-2004 12:52 PM

I just checked out and literally "checked out" the site you posted. They have a great deal on fibers and threads too!

tracey.nelson 09-30-2004 10:24 AM

Source for Stampable Card Organizers

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

My upline (Marcella Wong) sells a wonderful stampable version of this card organizer. She designed it and had a local printer make them up for her so they are very professional. The comb binding winds off so you can stamp the pages and put it back together (very easy). The cover is blank except for the title "Special People to Remember" and we stamped and layered cardstock and mono'd it for the cover.
Marcella also designed the long, skinny birthday calendar in the catalog (pg. 216). She won the very first "Bright Ideas" award from SU! some years ago at the Convention in Minnesota.

You can email her at: [email protected]

tracey.nelson 09-30-2004 10:29 AM

Another view of organizer

Here is another view of the card organizer from Marcella Wong.

tracey.nelson 09-30-2004 10:33 AM

Trying again

3 Attachment(s)
The last one didn't work. I'm trying again.

Inkalicious 09-30-2004 10:38 AM

Hi Tracy! Thanks for sharing this!! I see it now!! :D
Thanks!
Tandra

Kurstan 09-30-2004 11:30 AM

Thanks Tracy! That's so awesome!! I just emailed her :)

Benniesma 09-30-2004 12:08 PM

I made one of these a few months ago following Lana's directions. They are SUPER easy. I went to my local mom and pop copy place to have the wire spiral binding put on. It was only about $1.50. I didn't think that was too bad at all!

And Genise - you are awesome for coming up with the plaidmaker! I have been loving that!