Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Good set for Anniversary cards? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/good-set-anniversary-cards-116835/)

pootle 01-31-2006 05:43 AM

Good set for Anniversary cards?

I really struggle to make anniversary cards and seem to be asked for them quite often - a colleague has just asked me to make one for her Son & Daughter-in-Law.

I'm just about OK for milestone anniversaries (eg Silver, Gold etc) but the more general ones are where I have the problem.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a set (or even non-SU stamps) that are good for anniversary cards? If I know the couple it is a bit easier but in cases where I don't, like this one, I need something quite generic

Thank you!
Pootle

stampinCPA 01-31-2006 06:45 AM

I like Lexicon of Love and Wonderful Words. Here's one I made for my parents last year. //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=92088&cat=500&ppuser=32202

Ally 01-31-2006 07:05 AM

I like Sumer By the Sea as it has the couple on it and I also think Lovely As a Tree is nice because it is uncluttered and suitable if the your friend in the couple is the man.

jennmcd 01-31-2006 08:50 AM

Someone at a recent workshop of mine suggested the love birds in the Olive You set would make a good anniversary card. I have to say I agree. Here is the link to one of my cards. It was just a sample, but happy anniversary could be inside or I have seen this design with "always" stamped on it.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=28531

Tah Dah! 01-31-2006 08:56 AM

I really like the retired set "Script Heart," particularly for the saying "Joining with you in celebrating another year of love." It's pretty reasonable on eBay, or you could probably trade with someone here. Good luck!

eBay listings

synamon 01-31-2006 09:30 AM

I have used so many of my sets for Anniversary cards, but my all time favorite is the Stipple Rose paired with the Love stamp from Wonderful Words. HTH

etsdas 01-31-2006 10:32 AM

I have a "stray" stamp with wedding bells - works for either wedding or anniversary, together with something else. I have a triangular filligree (sp.?) stamp (Anna Griffin?) that I use in the corners.

valrocks 01-31-2006 10:40 AM

I like to use Stampin' Up! Wreath of Roses for my anniversary cards. It is retired, but you can do alot with it!

santakitty 01-31-2006 03:18 PM

OMG!! glad I saw this thread - I need a wedding card for the daughter of a friend of ours..... LOVE from Wonderful Words and the couple for Summer By the Sea are perfect! the new hubby is from Jersey & our friend has a place 'down the shore' .... problem solved..
tks,
Kitty

lindarella621 01-31-2006 05:50 PM

I also use the couple stamp from Summer by the Sea! I do see a lot made with the Stipple Rose stamp, too.

karrieg 01-31-2006 06:31 PM

The heart from Hope Is works great. See the card in my gallery named Love Is... that was my DH's card last year for our 25th. Do it in other colors works for anniversary or wedding. Also Gentler Times is good or Toile Blossoms. This year's card will be with one of those. HTH.

Karrie G.

PH in VA 01-31-2006 06:44 PM

I've used Paint Prints with the "love" from Wonderful Words: anniversary card

I think Terrific Tulips or just about any of the other non-cutesy floral sets would work well, too.

Jminks 01-31-2006 06:55 PM

I have a stamp from the Stamping Grounds that I use. It is photograph stamp of a man and a woman and she is holding a rose. I also use a love stamp from My Sentiments Exactly.

pootle 02-01-2006 12:26 AM

Thank you for all your suggestions :) I am now kicking myself for not ordering Olive You - didn't think about how useful the Love Birds stamp could be!!. I like the idea of something floral (not cutesy) for couples I don't know and have already ordered Easy Elegance so am hoping that will get here in time