Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Going to Calgary, where to shop :) *merged* (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/going-calgary-where-shop-%2Amerged%2A-422947/)

papercrafting 01-17-2008 04:35 PM

Going to Calgary, where to shop :) *merged*

June I'll be in Calgary while my DH goes to a seminar.
We'll be staying at the Carriage hosue inn 9030 MacLeod Trail Se

Any one know of any good stores not too far from the hotel????
Denidill???

mwbs 01-17-2008 04:47 PM

Very good local scrapbook store

Hello:

Very good scrapbook store about two blocks north on McLeod Trail.....east side....Scrapbookers Paradise.....I can spend hours there......

(I know we are not supposed to plug stores but she asked a specific question.....hope its OK) :)

papercrafting 01-17-2008 06:24 PM

Wow

That is close, excellant!

Thanks! I've got a little while to save up some dough to spend

cmayk 01-17-2008 06:32 PM

There's a new scrapbook store just opening in Calgary... not sure where it is exactly, but you can find some more info on Nancy's blog: http://nancyscreativemess.blogspot.com.

Shannon13 01-17-2008 06:59 PM

Also on Mcleod Trail south is Scrap Yard.

Your staying in a very central location to get both this store and Scrapbookers Paradise.

toobusystamping 01-17-2008 07:36 PM

There is also one on Elbow drive - about 10 blocks west of where you are staying called Paper pastimes.

Check it out too.

papercrafting 01-18-2008 06:46 AM

Perfect

Thanks very much.:D
I have these names and addresses written down.

Cheers!

papercrafting 06-23-2008 06:59 AM

Calgary... real paradise

Thank you ladies!
Well I finaly got to Calgary. I saved 300.00 to spend... and Scrappers Paradise made it a treat.

I must say their location on Macleod trail was the BEST craft store I have been to. Open spaces - and lots of inventory. Stock arranged by manufacturer - and also some theme arrangements. Traditional supplies - and large digital section. Wood mount stamps - acrylic stamps. Specialty organization tools - and plain tackle boxes.

I could not ask for more... This is the store I would design. Staff who made me feel at home, eager to help, and full of suggestions so I wouldn't miss out on anything on the Calgary craft scene.

Not to mention all regular price merchandise was 20% off, and their 25% clearance was 50% off. I love it when retailers are making room for more product. I picked up some stamps I've been looking for, and some papers from my favorite line that I haven't seen in Vancouver (narratives by Karen Russell, I love you Karen!).

I will be passing these comments onto the store manager/owner.
So, thanks to the ladies who suggested this store.
xoxoxo

OakvilleMom 06-23-2008 08:02 AM

Great for me to know too-I am heading to Calgary in August! :-)

bubblegum girl 06-23-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OakvilleMom (Post 10268610)
Great for me to know too-I am heading to Calgary in August! :-)

there is a small stamp store in the Best Western in Airdrie. Lots of stamps in the smalls space, tons of stampscapes and carol is so nice! i was in a class she taught and would recomend her to anyone! i can get teh address for you if you want. BTW Airdrie is just 15 minutes north of Calgary (approx) and the hotel is really easy to find.

Shannon13 06-23-2008 03:42 PM

Two other stores to check out - addresses on their websites.

Scrapbook Pantry (north Calgary)
http://www.scrapbookpantry.ca/

The Scrap Yard (south Calgary)
http://www.thescrapyardcalgary.com/

Bumpy_38 06-23-2008 04:21 PM

Hi Carol is closing her store at the Best Western in Airdrie..last day is June 28 :(

I love pink 06-23-2008 05:15 PM

I am bookmarking this....I am going there in July, thanks for all the advice! I was there last year and I had a store written down and I wanted to go there, dh said it was miles away blah blah blah (do not know why I listen to men!) and then driving to the airport I saw it, it was 5 mins from where we were staying, I was so MAD, and we did not have time to stop! This time WE ARE GOING!!!

Nancy1970 06-24-2008 06:09 AM

There's a new scrapbook store in the NE to check out.... I'm a little partial cuz I work there but I think it's a great little store. It's called The Scrapbook Pantry... check out our website (which is still under some construction). Our aim has been to try to offer items that can't be found elsewhere in Calgary. We have bulk ribbons, brads, buttons and eyelets which people seem to love.

We are located on Country Hills Blvd, just a short jog west of the Deerfoot.

If you can manage a trip to the south location of Scrapbookers Paradise, I recommend it too... it's the largest location and has the best selection of their stores. I find a lot of their products are the same "run of the mill" stuff you find elsewhere though.

Another neat shop way down in the south is the Scrap Yard.

EM+MM 03-01-2009 08:41 PM

Going to Calgary, where to shop :)

I am going to be going to Calgary on Tuesday. It will be a quick trip so I wanted your ladies advice as to where I really should go! I love stamping and am hoping to get more stamps, scents, accesseries... well anything:)
I'd appreciate store names,phone numbers and even address' if possible.
Thanks

Adalia Disa 03-02-2009 07:04 AM

Hi Hi!

There are a few good places around, so here's a list with links to their websites with addresses!

Scrapbookers Paradise - Mostly Scrapbooking (duh) but they have some good accessories like the scor-pal, nesties, etc. They tend to be a little pricey though, so if you're on a strict budget you might want to go there last! The south location, on MacLeod is their 'main' location, so it's the biggest. The north location is small.

Paper Pastimes - I like this one the best, because it's close to my house and i find that they carry A LOT of stamps and some really cool paper. It's small (cozy?) but fun.

Of course we have 6 different Michael's around, but as far as I know none of them are the 'new' ones. I like the one in deerfoot meadows the best, it's one of the newest ones in the city, and they tend to have some cool stuff.

Hope that helps out a little bit! I'm moving to BC over the summer, to a place that doesn't even have ONE scrapbook store, let alone a choice... so I'm trying to enjoy the variety while I have the chance!!

Let me know if I can be any more help, you can PM me if you want, I live in South Calgary!

RCB 03-02-2009 07:25 AM

There is another store in the south part of Calgary, called The Scrap Yard. It's a small store, but packed with great embellishments and the latest accessories. The staff is great and very helpful, and fun! They carry awesome papers, lots of Basic Grey. It's where I do most of my shopping! It's in Canyon Meadows, just off of Macleod Trail.

Adalia Disa 03-02-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCB (Post 13289176)
There is another store in the south part of Calgary, called The Scrap Yard. It's a small store, but packed with great embellishments and the latest accessories. The staff is great and very helpful, and fun! They carry awesome papers, lots of Basic Grey. It's where I do most of my shopping! It's in Canyon Meadows, just off of Macleod Trail.

I haven't heard of this one, I'm going to have to go check it out!! Do you know the address or website?

RCB 03-02-2009 07:45 AM

The Scrap Yard's address is: 2118 - 380 Canyon Meadows Dr SE. It is tucked in a little strip mall (close to Arby's), just north of the Canyon Meadows overpass that goes over top of Macleod Trail (it is on the east side of Macleod). It has a bright pink awning above the store entrance - you can't miss it! They have a web-site but I don't know what it is, off-hand. They've been open for business for about 1 1/2 years now I think.

EM+MM 03-02-2009 10:21 AM

Thank you ladies! I am from bc as well and we also don't have many store close by. I am looking forward to seeing other stores. :)

Renski 09-23-2009 05:52 PM

Coming to Calgary... Where can I shop??

Can anyone reccomend where to go in Calgary for stamping stuff?? I have a Michaels here but want to head somewhere different... Thanks in advance!
Angie

jazzytobi 09-23-2009 09:25 PM

When I went to Calgary over the summer I went to Scrapbookers Paradise. It was a great store with tonnes of stamps!!!

http://www.scrapbookersparadise.com/

edith199 09-24-2009 05:17 AM

Scrapbooker's Paradise (2 locations)
- 9250 Macleod Trail S
- 45 Crowfoot Terrace NW

Scrapbook Pantry
450 Country Hills Blvd NE

Scrapbooker's Bliss

#22 - 14 Richard Way SW

The ScrapYard

2118, 380 Canyon Meadows Drive SE

ljwil 09-24-2009 05:29 AM

I would try to visit Paper Pastimes (but, be warned, last time I stepped inside those doors I dropped nearly $200 - but we're keeping quiet about that):

Paper Pastimes

cat_woman 09-24-2009 06:22 AM

On top of the stores already mentioned (they're all great by the way), there's also a new store on Fairmount Drive SE called Pam's Photos & Memories Scrapbooks. She doesn't have a lot for stamping, but does have some nice papers. And she carries copics and has the new polar white flower soft in stock.

There's also Scrapbook Sally on Northmount Drive NW. Again, not very much in the way of stamping, but they have a really nice selection of paper.

We also have quite a few dollar stores that have some pretty good scrapbooking supplies (like paper flowers, brads, etc.). I've even been able to buy quite a few nice stamps once in a while from the dollar store.

Have fun while you're here.

ETA: Scrapbookers Paradise has two stores in Calgary. The main store is in the south end on McLeod Trail S (by across the street on the north end of Walmart at Southland) and the second store in in the north end in the Crowfoot Shopping Mall. They have a nice 70% off section where I have gotten so many really good deals.

Renski 09-24-2009 11:30 AM

Thanks so much ladies!!

puppydoggrins 09-25-2009 03:31 PM

Ooooooooooh no! Another store?!?! I hadn't heard of the one on Fairmount Dr. Even scarier, that street runs right through my neighborhood!!! Somebody come and lock me in my house!!!! :mrgreen:

Reid's Stationery on 17th Ave had some really neat handmade paper the last time I was in there, but that was a long time ago. I don't know if they still carry stuff like that... it's been that long.

If you're looking for stamps, Paper Pastimes is definitely the place to go!!!! Carole, the owner, is wonderful and very helpful.

If you're in Winners, I've noticed that they've started carrying a little bit of stuff too... paper packs and actual scrapbooks mostly. There's never too much, but you might score a find.

Kannadyjka 11-18-2009 05:06 PM

Shopping in Calgary, AB

Hi,
I'm going to Calgary, AB for few days and by this opportunity I wanna go shopping in a scrapbooking store. Can you give me an advice which one which one I should visit?

Thanks for your suggestions,
kannadyjka