Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2006, 06:09 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to paperwife
Question Gifts for men

Ok all you smart ladies, what ideas can you give me about gifts to make for men? I'd like to get a jump on making Christmas gifts but I'm stuck on what to make for all the men in my life (DH, Dads, Brothers, etc).
Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:50 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I made an altered journal for my brother last year, a paperbag album for my uncle (on his motorbike journey's), a scrapped calender for my parents, and altered canvas for my grandma's.

Guys are hard for gifts I think. I don't know if any of those ideas help you or not. The only others I can think of are: altered picture frames, altoid tins, tin of cards (so those forgetful boys always have cards on hand...lol).
Old 07-13-2006, 10:26 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

I don't know if this will work for you, but I decided to start a new "Christmas" tradition in my family. My dad's b-day is Dec 4 and he's hard to buy for. So, for his b-day present, I made him a 12x12 scrapbook on the wall page. I actually did it in a class and then adapted it to my own stuff. It's just a 12x12 canvas that you hang on the wall. I did it in Basic Grey papers (the class included and already designed project, so I copied most of it) and then put a 3-D Christmas tree on the left side. On the top I put red twill tape with "Merry Christmas" printed on it and on the bottom I stamped "2005" inside a piece of hardware. In the middle/right side, I matted wallet size pics of my sister's kids (the only grandkids) and attached them to the frame. Thus, the new tradition is that every year I make him a new 12x12 "page" to put on the wall at Christmas time and show off his grandkids.

Maybe you could do something like that for one of your relatives? My project took a good 2 1/2 hours, but some ladies were done in 30-45 minutes. Mine took so long because I changed the directions up and put on an incredibly time consuming but cool Christmas tree. For the tree, I tore little pieces of green paper into triangles, curled them with a pencil, and then glued each on, starting with the bottom, to get a Christmas tree. Then, I covered it all in glue and glass glitter to look like snow. It's basically a "flat" version of this tree - http://www.recollectionsonline.com/i...ideas_tree.htm
Old 07-13-2006, 10:38 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have had good reactions to a desktop calendar. I use the 6x6 one from SU! It is very quick and easy to put together. If you didn't have pictures of that man's kids (or he doesn't have any) it would be fun to scrap inspirational quotes. (There are a quite a few quote sites on line--just use google). You only have to think of 12 quotes (perhaps Edgy Eloquence would be a good starting place for this).

Also the coffee cups from The Dollar Tree. They have a removable liner (warning it requires patience, a clear head, and a good pair of tweezers) to decorate. You could do a theme or just thier name. It really isn't possible to layer much with these (except a little bit around the bottom) so masking and faux layering are good with these.

I hope this helps!!

my blog
Old 07-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Make any container to hold food!!! LOL Men love food! Beef sticks, potato sticks, popcorn, candy, trail mix....anything like that. I bought a can of the Slim Jim's for my Dad one year and just decorated the can so it said 'Dad's Treats' so when he was done with the beef sticks he could put candy or whatever he wanted in it. I know that isn't a huge gift but it is very much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2006, 05:58 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

How about a paint can with their favorite treats in it? That's all I can think of.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:21 AM   #7  
Hot Wheels

I too would think calendars that has everybodys birthdays marked...lol
And scrapped stuff.
Cards made in 2010:60
I'm going to PORCHA!!
Old 07-14-2006, 06:23 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by janelill
I too would think calendars that has everybodys birthdays marked...lol
That's a great idea, especially since they always forget birthdays and stuff.