Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   This gift needs YOUR help!!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/gift-needs-your-help-171474/)

HeartfeltGreetings 08-04-2006 07:03 AM

This gift needs YOUR help!!!

Hi everyone! I am giving this photo monogram to my son's baseball coach as a thank you gift. However, I'm just not completely satisfied with it in its current stage. It's got 2 ribbons on it, and I don't really think the MALE coach is gonna love the ribbons. Anyone have any great ideas on how I can spice this gift up a little bit? What's missing? I feel like something's missing. By the way, there is a picture of each player on this monogram, 12 in all. Thank you!!!

HeartfeltGreetings 08-04-2006 07:04 AM

whoops, forgot the link...here it is!
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...35679&cat=3230

Frenchy 08-04-2006 07:16 AM

I like it, but then I'm not a male coach. If you want to make it a little more manly maybe you could use jute or even thin rope??

MaryR 08-04-2006 07:18 AM

I love it - what a great idea. Agree that the ribbons just aren't doing it, though. Frenchy's idea of jute sounds good. I like the little word pieces on there - where did you find those or make them? Great monogram!

WeimFamily 08-04-2006 07:18 AM

What a GREAT gift. What about twill instead of ribbons?

redapron 08-04-2006 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchy
I like it, but then I'm not a male coach. If you want to make it a little more manly maybe you could use jute or even thin rope??

my sentiments exactly!

cali254 08-04-2006 07:22 AM

This is a great gift! I am sure it will be much appreciated no matter what. But yes, I was thinking twill or hemp twine.

FromKorea 08-04-2006 07:28 AM

I agree hemp or twill should be more manly then. I would say not to tie them in a bow either but maybe knot it instead. You could just use it without anything else and use the hemp or twill to create a hanger.
Great Job!!

basurok 08-04-2006 07:29 AM

Cool gift! You did a really nice job on that. Thanks for sharing. ;)

HeartfeltGreetings 08-04-2006 07:33 AM

twill, hemp twine or rope are all great ideas! Mmmmm, looks like a trip to Michaels is in order, as I have none of those accoutraments (spelling?).....oh darn, I hate it when that happens!!! Keep the ideas coming--I promise I'll post the finished product!

Amy

photocropper 08-04-2006 07:35 AM

I was going to say hemp or twine too ;) But in a Knot and maybe some little charm (not cutesy) hanging that said coach or had a bat/ball or something.

Mothermark 08-04-2006 07:50 AM

What about the stuff (tape) they use to wrap around baseball handles....If there is a spot on the letter that you would not cover up a picture of a player it might be kind of cute to do a little "wrap". Definately don't tie anything in a bow though.

or what about tying a baseball, sports related lanyard around it in red and white or black and white or something to match the team uniform - you know...one of those things that you wear around your neck with your keys on it? The young kids use them. Just my 2 cents.

Jessian97 08-04-2006 08:00 AM

I like the lanyard idea. How about instead of a charm using a whistle? Just a thought! :)

XcessStamps 08-04-2006 08:01 AM

I love this idea! Since you need to go to Michael's check out the ribbon section and look for the Bobbin Ribbons. I know they have baseball themed ones. They are under $1.00 for 4 to 8 ft. of ribbon, depending on the width or design. Can't wait to see your finished project.

XcessStamps 08-04-2006 08:05 AM

Taking a second look at your gift, I think it would look fine without ribbons on the R, won't cover up any players thatw ay. Is it meant to hang? Maybe just make a ribbon hanger out of the twill or themed ribbon.

Alle Rednic 08-04-2006 08:06 AM

Or maybe a chain with a charm or a whistle? It is a great gift! He will love it I am sure.

Alle Rednic 08-04-2006 08:26 AM

If you do change it, be sure to post so we can see.

showmestamper 08-04-2006 08:42 AM

What a COOL gift!
Definitely switch out the ribbons! I liked the idea of red string like the baseball is stitched with or leather shoelaces like ball gloves have.
Can't wait to see the revised version...you did a great job. :)

Dotty 08-04-2006 09:21 AM

How about adding something like this? you wouldn't have to order it but you can find these things at Michael's or Joann's, Hobby Lobby etc. usually in the miniature section and/or unpainted section. I hope the link works, scroll down until you see the mini baseballs/bats.

http://www.skybluepink.com/clearance.html

just an idea. Please let us see what you finally end up with. I think what you've done thus far is great!

nbwcc 08-04-2006 09:57 AM

I think Hemp instead of ribbon would look pretty cool, and much more manly.

hulahulakim 08-04-2006 10:02 AM

How THOUGHTFUL!!! what a great gift!
I like the whistle idea the best, and for sure no ribbons, maybe some hemp or linen knots or the baseball bobbin ribbon from michaels, they have a wider non bobbin baseball ribbon there too..just use the knots like the others said..It is sooo cute though!!