Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Gallery Challenge (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/gallery-challenge-53930/)

camsmom 05-23-2005 07:13 AM

Gallery Challenge

I think that with the overwhelming traffic to the gallery-a lot of people are missing out on the awesome works of art in there!

So here is my challenge:
go in and find atleast 5 cards to comment on.
Bonus points for those cards that have 0 comments so far.

When you are done pop back in here and let us know. :)
(cuz everyone knows how nice it is to get a comments on your cards!:D )

gwtwdebbi 05-23-2005 07:44 AM

Posted to the Handsome Hunter card...

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...p?photo=112374

Way to go people...Make me spend more $$ with all your cute designs with the new colors!!!!

CardFanatic 05-23-2005 07:51 AM

DONE! I commented on five cards since reading this thread. Wow! That took a while, it sure is busy here during the day... I'm usually working. One card had zero comments... bonus because it was a great card! It was a Christmas pocket card which would be great for sending holiday photos of kids.

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...p?photo=112384

camsmom 05-23-2005 07:52 AM

thanks guys!

what I am trying to do is leave one window open for the gallery and one on forums and pop back and forth

:)

billsbrowneyedgirl 05-23-2005 07:54 AM

Great Challenge Britta, I'm going to up the ante' by going to galleries I haven't visited for a while!

[email protected] 05-23-2005 07:57 AM

YAY!

There are so many neat cards in there! I just looked at the last 7 days worth and there were over 105 PAGES there! WOW!

Trish :)

Jami 05-23-2005 07:59 AM

Wonderful challenge!!! The gallery has been so slow lately that I think some people have given up on making comments. Even if you don't have time to comment on everything, if everyone who views the gallery would just commit to a minimum of 5 comments per day it would make so many people so happy!!! I've done some this morning. Gotta go to work now. Will be sure to do some more tonight!

If you love the gallery please make a few comments!!! Please!!!

Thanks Britta!!!!!!!

gailowens 05-23-2005 08:21 AM

That was fun left five comments. Four with no comments. Your right everybody likes a little praise.

poffstamper 05-23-2005 09:28 AM

Great Idea!

I found 5 really cute uploads that didn't have any comments...they should have had a bunch!!!

bemidjibelle 05-23-2005 09:42 AM

I did it! In fact, I decided to do 10 cards that had 0 comments! :) This thread is a good idea, 'cause as a fairly new poster with not very many comments, I know it is fun to get comments on your hard work!!

Sue

Granny Hawkins 05-23-2005 10:08 AM

Found five that had no comments. I agree that they should have had alot. I'm going to try and do this everyday. Thanks for the push!

AZShann 05-23-2005 12:33 PM

I try to leave at least 5 per day. Some days I don't get 5 and other days I leave 20. Last night, I went in the gallery (well, actually early this am) and left comments on many.

Sherlie 05-23-2005 01:07 PM

I check out the gallery every morning and go back thru all the cards until I come to ones I have seen the day before. I comment as often as I can when the pages are loading fast. Evening is the worst time to try to comment. the middle of the day isnt much better, usually if it is slow, I come back later. I do leave a comment on all the cards I look at and I will say this,,, you cant always judge a card by its thumbnail, you have to open it up to get a good look at all the detail. I have been surprised on many occassions by what I see. I have also found that if I change the number of cards on the preview page to 24, I can look through them faster, therefore increasing my comment time. I have been a member since the middle of March and have made a lot of comments so far.

MonTigg 05-23-2005 01:09 PM

I'll totally do this tonight! I get on around midnight when it's not slow! I was on last night and saw and posted to some really cute cards. Great idea I love getting comments and feel like leaving them makes someone elses day!!

camsmom 05-23-2005 03:41 PM

I * know* the gallery is slow right now with the afternoon/evening rush, but this is still a great challenge.

Leave a regualr window for teh forums open, and one for the gallery and coment away!:)

allee's 05-23-2005 03:54 PM

It took me 20 minutes, (due to the snail pace of the server) but I completed the challenge. I chose 5 without comments, and you're right. Anyone who works hard on their cards and then takes the time to post them deserves some positive feedback. I will try to post more comments everyday. Cross my heart!!

Jami 05-23-2005 05:01 PM

Bump for the night crew!!!

cjhill39 05-23-2005 05:28 PM

thanks for the challenge!

Although I spend lots of time looking through the gallery, I have to admit I usually don't comment too often... so this was a great challenge! I will try to comment more from now on, as everyone likes to receive recognition for their work.

Left my 5 for today...

Also, as a side note - I use an internet browser called Mozilla Firefox (instead of Internet Explorer) and it lets you have several "tabs" open in the same window so that you can have as many pages open as you want - but only one Internet Window on your tool bar. I love it! It's a great way to view several cards at once - and comment on them at the same time.

Julesiana 05-23-2005 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
thanks guys!

what I am trying to do is leave one window open for the gallery and one on forums and pop back and forth

:)

LOL!
I usually have two gallery windows open and then the forums in another!

camsmom 05-23-2005 06:19 PM

yeah! Thanks for helping out!

stamps&cars 05-23-2005 06:54 PM

I try to post as much as I can but the gallery pages take so long to load on slow dial up. I poop out after a few unless I want to spend hours on here. I'll try to do my five tonight.

redcolt 05-23-2005 06:59 PM

Done! I could stay there for hours - so many great cards. And some of the cutest without any comments!

Jami 05-23-2005 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamps&cars
I try to post as much as I can but the gallery pages take so long to load on slow dial up. I poop out after a few unless I want to spend hours on here. I'll try to do my five tonight.

Oh my goodness!!!! Commendations to you! The gallery is painfully slow with a high speed connection. Dial up would kill me!!! You're a doll to make the effort and it is truly appreciated!!!! :)

propecia 05-23-2005 08:24 PM

Done!!

WordTrix 05-23-2005 08:42 PM

I peruse the gallery on a daily basis and try to comment on 5-10 cards each day -- more if I can. It depend on how fast the gallery is, as well as how good a connection I have.

I usually view the gallery with 24 per page and will open cards I want a closer look at in a new window. That way I can open several at a time, and while waiting for comments to go through look at more thumbnails in the gallery and open a few more windows. My home monitor is extremely dark, though, so I sometimes have to go back and look at some from the work computer. The difference is like night and day!

Heather

stamps&cars 05-23-2005 09:08 PM

Whewwww! Finally got done. After interruptions from DH and DD with GD and slow dial-up, I'm done. I found 5 that didn't have any comments and they were pretty good too!

Granny Hawkins 05-24-2005 04:45 AM

Tuesday's 5 done!

Most with no comments and it is a shame because they were all so good!

This is great. Hope we can keep it going.

gailowens 05-24-2005 05:17 AM

Great cards this morning. My 5 done.

Rox71 05-24-2005 05:25 AM

Been there done that and lots of nice ones to comment on so it took a while. But I really just wanted to see the cowbell guy again! Got smart and saved him to My Pictures in case you change your avatar I can still get a good laugh.
Rox

camsmom 05-24-2005 07:08 AM

okay the gallery is moving pretty quick-get in there right now! LOL

ladylinks 05-24-2005 08:01 AM

done!

I have almost completed your challenge, but just had to show you guys this!
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...p?photo=112696

tish101's 14 year old daughter made this journal! Lets all comment!

Now I am finished with the challenge!

s1itcher46 05-24-2005 08:27 AM

All done, plus a few more. the gallery was very quick.

smartinez182 05-24-2005 08:31 AM

One thing I miss in the gallery is the Least Popular catagory. I would browse through there everyday and make comments on cards. I know this probably sounds weird but I miss doing that.

camsmom 05-24-2005 08:32 AM

I thin it is b/c the default is now set to just keep them in time order

Thanks for completing the challenge!:)

Jami 05-24-2005 04:56 PM

Bump:)

jacksonbelle 05-24-2005 07:09 PM

Camsmom, your avatar has me laughing so hard right now!!! I must get my Will Farrell out tonight! :D I comment on DOZENS of cards a day! So I have done my 5. :)

camsmom 05-24-2005 07:43 PM

I like the fact that when I check on cards if I am not sure I have commented that I now see Will Ferrell playing cowbell for them-like their very own cheering section! LOL

jacksonbelle 05-24-2005 08:51 PM

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! What a great idea!!! :) :) :)

Granny Hawkins 05-25-2005 04:37 AM

Wednesday done! Found a wonderfully cute card for my granddaughter's birthday invite. This card had no comments and it should have tons!

catlady1 05-25-2005 05:21 AM

Gallery Challenge

Hi, did mine. I do like to post but alot of the time it takes so long, so it depends how much time I have. The cards are all great. This challenge is a great idea as I know how excited I am when I post a card to see if anyone has commented.