Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:54 AM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystie leeView Post
Oh, yes....the old "look at the money I'll save at Hallmark" argument. Keep tellin' yourself that one, honey! lol!

The fact is, it's an expensive hobby. I think the only real argument is that it makes you happy.

I'm a sahm, it's my only creative outlet. It's something that's just for me, not about my DH or the kids. It's gives me a little mental vacation, and the feedback/praise I get is the positive validation that I no longer get from working.

Good luck with DH!
I have never tried that one, nor will I ever. I think I'd end up with something like $100 or $200 cards and that would NOT go over well with my engineer DH. LOL~

I much prefer the "It's my creative outlet after a mentally demanding job all day and kids stuff all evening." route. That way I get 2 Fridays/month from 6 to midnight to myself for girl time. I love it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly ChickView Post
I gotcha a holiday. My kids just informed me that today (3/3/09) is Square Root Day. It only happens 9 times a century. If ya ask me it ranks right up there with Pancake Day. Send cards to all your friends!!! At 2 bucks a card that would be....

Pamela
I just read that online! I have to pass that along to my husband. He love useless random facts like that
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystie leeView Post
It's something that's just for me, not about my DH or the kids. It's gives me a little mental vacation, and the feedback/praise I get is the positive validation that I no longer get from working.

Good luck with DH!
I love how you phrased that, you really hit the nail on the head. Its not like my kids are saying "Good job Mom, thanks for getting up 6 times last night!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

My biggest advice is to become a demo for a company you love. Because I'm an SU demo I am able to pay for my stamping addiction with my profits. Not even a single dime comes out of the household budget. I also found that it focused my stamping so I'm not just buying random stuff all the time. Instead, I end up actually using the things I buy!

Otherwise, I think it's great that both of you have budgets that you stick to for your fun stuff. I've read to many sad stories of wives having to confess to their husband that really paid for all of their stamping stuff with a credit card their husband didn't know about and now they can't pay the cost. Honesty is definitely the best policy, and deciding these things together is important as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #45  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmView Post
Usually once a year, someone puts out what it would cost to hire people to do everything for a household that a SAHM does and it's in the 6 figure range. Even someone staying home contributes a huge value to the home and should be rewarded for that. Hobby supplies are a great start.

Ann
I hope no one thought I was putting down SAHM's, saying that they probably need a budget since they don't work outside the home. I know SAHM's are VALUABLE!! I was one at one time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

Default stampy spending?

If you want to make it look as though stamping is a cheap hobby, have a family member get interested in having a salt water fish tank - or two. My son has a 55 gallon tank ( small by most standards for a salt water tank), a 30 gallon, and a 15 gallon freshwater tank. We go shopping for supplies and let me tell you, it makes stamping look like a bargain! Sixty dollars for a bucket of SALT?! I kid you not! I'm afraid that he will go to a college that will be too far away so that he can't come home on the weekends and visit the survivors!

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

When my husband makes comments about how much stamping stuff I have - I just point outside to his $18,000.00 ford tractor and tell him "We are not even yet" :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 08:45 AM   #48  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraosView Post
Stamping gives me my own outlet and he's learned when Mom is not happy, NOBODY in the house is happy.

That is so funny because my 10 year old DS made the same comment. When your not happy nobody's happy.

I usually don't tell him what I have bought. I know he's not stupid and knows when I get new stuff but he never asks how much.

"Kindness is something the the blind can see and the deaf can hear" -unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #49  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuciesflooziesView Post
I hope no one thought I was putting down SAHM's, saying that they probably need a budget since they don't work outside the home. I know SAHM's are VALUABLE!! I was one at one time!

No offense here. Sometimes my DH will tell me that I'm fired. It's usually when I am right about something or am just being goofy. So last week he told me that and for 2 days I didn't do anything. No cooking, cleaning, homework w/ kids. Nothing. He asked if I was ok and I said yeah why. Well you haven't done anything around the house. I said I know but I was fired and since I don't have a job I didn't do anything. He has been VERY thankful and helpful since.

"Kindness is something the the blind can see and the deaf can hear" -unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #50  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLORView Post
Hey Caren

Great idea for the weight loss/stamping supplies. I joined Weight Watcher's, and just 4 lbs away from my 10% goal, but dh says we need to think about tightening the budget up, and I am apprehensive about going it on my own.

Hmmmm, I gotta think about this.

Thanks

Patrice
It is hard to go it alone, but I definately think this will help!

To the OP: It has taken me several years to acculmulate what I consider a sizable stash. I ask for stuff on my birthday and Christmas. I also check craigslist and garage sales constantly. You wouldn't believe some of the fantastic deals I've gotten! In the begining (and still now), I had friends that I would stamp with. I bought my own consumables, but borrowed their stamps and inks. We would get together to stamp, it's much more fun that way anyway. Our kids would play together and we would stamp. My friends would use the little I had and I had access to the stamps they had. Over time, I've built up much more and now together we have lots to play with. My advice is definately go out an find yourself some stamping buddies to share with. Acculmulate your stash slowly so it doesn't overwelm your hubby all at once!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 09:22 AM   #51  
Crimping Master

My DH gives me a hard time about it also, but he's usually not being serious. He'll be like, "Well, if you wouldn't spend all our money....." But he's just kidding. He golfs non-stop from May until September, and that usually runs about $60 per week, not including any new clubs or supplies he has to buy. The rest of the year he's buying video games, DVDs and CDs, so he really can't tell me anything.

I also think that since he and I both work full time, we are entitled to spend some fun money however we wish. I am also an SU demo, so the 20% discount doesn't hurt either.

As I see it, as long as there is food in the fridge, the bills are paid, and some money is in savings, it doesn't hurt to spend some money on stamps.
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #52  
Die Cut Diva

We're on a strict budget, too, so I can relate. My family's solution was to create separate "mad money" accounts for both my husband and myself. We each get $15 a week (not much, but you'd be surprised how far it can stretch), and we agree not to question how the other one is spending his or her money.

Like I said, it's not a lot, but it helps because I don't have to feel guilty when I save the money for big ticket items. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #53  
Mad Swapper

We have our seperate spending money too and no one says a word about what the other spends their money on. I still spend more (way more) than we were spending on cards at Hallmark, but I also send more cards than I would have if I had to buy each and every one. I do get money from our gift giving budget to pay for cards and gifts that I make. It still doesn't even out though! But it is a hobby and at least I have something to show for my money. It keeps me happy and also helps distract from the infertility issue too (hugs to you Erin). He also has realized how happy the recepients of the cards are and that means a lot to him. That actually is what convinced him it was worth it. hubby is pretty artistic and will actually sit and make cards too. On occassion, he will pick up a crafting item or stamp for me using his "whatever" money. So is it worth it? It keeps me happy, gives me a creative outlet, makes other people happy and has made me some new friends and gets me out of the house, so yeah, he thinks it is worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #54  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsforacauseView Post
I'm really new so I'm still buying the basics (cuttlebug, dies, inks, etc) so its frustrating sometimes because I see some of the beautiful cards others make and then I want a new punch, a new die, etc. and I have to much on my wish list!
Because you're just starting out the only thing I can advise is that you take a close look at all the "basics"... step back and take a real close look to see if it's really something that you really really want and will put to good use? or is it vying for your $$ because it looks great but in reality.... it'll just sit on the shelf after you've purchased it? It's hard to analyze at the start, but in the end it will save you from buying a lot of stuff that you never use... just a thought from my experience....

~~ today. . . ~~

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

I am a house mouse generally, so my DH has been very supportive of my hobby/obsession. There is a group of us that gets together to stamp and since I became a demo I have made several new friends. He has his hobbies and this is mine and I have also half jokingly told him it was my therapy. He wasn't 100% with me at first on the becoming a demo, but has been very supportive since. I am a very lucky woman that he puts up with all of my supplies since they seem to be taking over the house,lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #56  
Insane Embellisher

My husband is the one who encouraged me to start stamping after I came home from a class and raved about how much fun I had had. He looks forward to my handmade cards and was very hurt one time when I bought him one instead of making one for him (I've learned to make sure I have one for whatever the occasion is now). He's a scuba diver and that's a pretty pricey hobby, even living here in Florida. We each have our fun money to use as we wish, so he's never said much at all about what I buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #57  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly ChickView Post
I gotcha a holiday. My kids just informed me that today (3/3/09) is Square Root Day. It only happens 9 times a century. If ya ask me it ranks right up there with Pancake Day. Send cards to all your friends!!! At 2 bucks a card that would be....

Pamela
Man!!! I can't believe I missed telling my math classes that!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #58  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampHunter68View Post
tell him it's much cheaper than therapy and/or divorce ;)

Most definately--this "addiction" often keeps me sane and married!!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

Caren...I love the idea you use to lose weight!! How cool, you get to keep the money...then spend just a fraction of what the WW plan would have cost you had you had to pay for it!! I just may try that myself!! Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

I live in UK and the stamping gear seems to be even more expensive here. I keep reminding my husband that women like me who have the crafting addiction have to feed their habit,and that it could be worse, i could be addicted to clothes, make up and jewellery like his last wife ! Having said this all my gear comes out of my own wages after i've paid my share of the bills.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #61  
Kookie Creator

My DH thinks stamping is the dumbest thing in the world, a complete waste of time and money. I don't see anyway to convince him. We actually argue about it often, and i have to be careful about being on SCS. I had 3 boys in 3 1/2 years, now ages 7 1/2 , 6, and 5, stamping was/is the ONLY thing i have for myself. It relaxes me, and is definetely cheaper than therapy, although, it may cause a divorce!! Sorry to vent. I love to stamp!!! and even more SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #62  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by edith199View Post
Because you're just starting out the only thing I can advise is that you take a close look at all the "basics"... step back and take a real close look to see if it's really something that you really really want and will put to good use? or is it vying for your $$ because it looks great but in reality.... it'll just sit on the shelf after you've purchased it? It's hard to analyze at the start, but in the end it will save you from buying a lot of stuff that you never use... just a thought from my experience....
Along the same point...start an online wishlist (I use wishlist.com). If I find something I HAVE to have, I add it to the wishlist...but I try to wait at least a month until I actually purchase it. A lot of times I ask myself what the heck was I thinking? Or I don't even remember putting it on there. Other times I keep remembering that I have it on there and go to my wishlist to visit it...that's when I know it's something I really want, not something I want because I saw one cool card made with it.

As for your hubby understanding, I'm not much help. My DH is the bestest-I was worried my cards weren't "good enough" to sell for $3. So for my birthday he bought me a (somewhat plain, though pretty) card that cost $5--just to show me I could make something totally better than that!

Also, your link in your siggy only took me to a "related searches" page. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 06:08 AM   #63  
Rubber Obsessor

I do think it's in everyone's best interest to stick with the budget and not sabatoge it (or a relationship.) Can you make a wish list of items that you'd like for birthday and Christmas? You would have to be very specific or ask for gift cards so you can use coupons and make it go farther.

Do you have any friends that scrapbook or cardmake? Two people always have more supplies than one.

You might also think of it as a challenge. SOmetimes you have to be more creative when working with limited supplies.

Have fun and good luck to you. It sounds like you're on the right track!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 06:53 AM   #64  
Kookie Creator

My hubby is very supportive of my obsession. It helps a lot that he has obsessions of his own (hunting and fishing). He loves my cards and scrapbook layouts and he loves giving my cards to his friends. We are fortunate enough to have plenty of spending money, and if we buy anything big, we discuss it first. Occassionally he will jokingly say something about another trip to JoAnn's or some other place (especially since I like to drag him along), but he won't question anything I buy there. If he ever needs a reminder of his spending, I point out the monthly cost of having a bird dog, and discussion ends quickly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 07:24 AM   #65  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
Man!!! I can't believe I missed telling my math classes that!!!!

That's OK, because I heard March 14th is Pi Day!!! (3.14....................)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #66  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

All of these answers are great. If it keeps you sane (or even if it doesn't!) it is worth it. You can't really say card making it is cost-saving, at least in my case, but it is something I really enjoy. I do other crafts that I sell in craft fairs, so I recoup a lot of my cost there. DH can't really say anything about how much I spend because his 'hobby' is gambling. At least I have something to show for my 'losses'!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #67  
Cardstock Collector

Smile

[QUOTE=cardsforacause;13300772]Hi,

I'm a newbie to stamping but am IN LOVE with cardmaking! And now absolutely addicted to SCS! My question is--How do you convince your husband that its worthwhile to spend so much on stamping?

My husband and I keep ourselves on a strict budget with a certain amount of spending money each month and lately I've been spending every penny I can get my hands on for new stamping supplies trying to build a stash. I recently convinced him to allow in the budget for my new Cuttlebug (finally!) but he still thinks this is some passing phase and I get the definite vibe that he thinks I'm wasting my money.

I'm certain your husband spends $ on things...this is theraphy for you.This is work you do at home and not out doing other bad things...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #68  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, I so totally agree!

Why is husbands find it necessary to make you feel guilty about what you do? I think this has to be somewhat universal, coz I am sitting here In Australia nodding my head as I read!

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
I just have to say...in response to the initial question on how to make him see that your cardmaking hobby is WORTH IT...

Ask him if his Motorcycle & Pistol hobby is WORTH IT!!

Making cards instead of buying them is absolutely NOT worth 1/50th of the cost. But making cards because it's an enjoyable hobby and a way to help you unwind and give you something you are proud of doing...totally WORTH every penny!! (within your budget of course)

My DH is into video gaming, and between the PSPs and Wii and PS3 and all the games and TV upgrades when we don't need it...I never ever ask him if it's worth it, because I know I would get the same question back about my hobby. It should be vice versa for you.

It would be a different story if there was no money for anything...not him, not you...but if he has a hobby, you deserve one too...without guilt!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #69  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampHunter68View Post
tell him it's much cheaper than therapy and/or divorce ;)
Haha, that's just what I was thinking.

I guess another way to validate the spending would be if you could sell some of the cards you make.

Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #70  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjl-nyView Post
Compare the costs of your supplies to the cost of his motorcycle accessories. If your husband is like mine, there will be no comparison. Last year when we got our tax refund, I bought a Cuttlebug ($50); he bought a faring ($1900). I've got a long way to go!!
It's your hobby/relaxation and you shouldn't have to justify the expense as long as you both agree on budgets for both your hobbies. When men go fishing, the fish caught probably cost $75 a pound when you think about the cost of all the gear and boat. Same with deer hunting. I am more careful with my spending due to the economy and who knows anyone can lose these days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #71  
Polyshrink Goddess

I meant to say 'anyone can lose their job these days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #72  
Matboard Maniac

I think that you have gotten some great advice here. Something to think about is HOW you spend your budget. My first purchase was at a Stampin Up party and I sat with the demo to figure out what I would need. I spent $300.00 and still use the tools, stamps and other non consumables I bought at that party, $300.00 well spent. The mistake I made was going to Michael's and spending money on things I would never use, packs of decorative paper, alot of stickers, cheap ink pads, cardstock that went with nothing and was not good quality, fastenator, etc. You should search here on SCS for the threads where people tell about there not so great purchases. When I want something I wait at least 1 week before purchasing it, if I still am chomping at the bit, I buy it. Sometimes I just forget about it. I always think before I buy so I can get the most from my stamping buck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #73  
Polyshrink Goddess

Since you are a SAHM and of course I do know knkow your personal work load and scheduling... But have you considered joing a Stampin Up or Creative Memories or something like that. It will give you time to do what you love and you would be able to earn some money as well. I see that you are affiliated with the army and have dealings with FRG... even having kids craft day.. and earn money that way.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #74  
Polyshrink Goddess

I did two things to head my DH off at the pass for that argument:
1. Joined Stampin' Up as a demo---- my girlfriends and I order together; I always get a discount, and often, a lot of free stuff.
2. Don't laugh-everyone does- I sell my plasma to pay for my stamps. My husband HATES needles and vowed that he could not tell me what to do with that money since he would never, never, never do that for money. It does not hurt me in any way, saves some lives here and there (my son needed lots of it when he had cancer, I am glad the drug companies buy it), and helps me get my fix from time to time.

Now, that being said, I would also have to say, "Be careful around here." SCS, while an AWESOME place with amazing ideas and camaraderie, can be a very enabling place, sometimes to excess and to the point where it saddens me. This isn't a great economy right now, and I'd hate to think that some of us are helping others get further and further into a hole that they may not be able to get out of later if, God forbid, someone loses a job. So spend what you have and what you are comfortable spending, enjoy what you have (and USE it), and your hubby will come around.
Blessings,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #75  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsforacauseView Post
Funny answers!

I know my cards right now probably cost $50 each to make! He has lots of hobbies (why are their hobbies alwasy so expensive? Motorcycles, pistols, etc!) so that's how I got the Cuttlebug-he bought something big to celebrate getting promoted!

He's not fighting me on buying stuff, we have a 2 year old and an 8 month old so he knows the five minutes a day I get to sit by myself and work on a card is well deserved zone-out time for me. I guess I'm just being greedy and want so much stuff, I'm racking my brain on how to make him understand how ESSENTIAL it is for me to buy some nestibilities, and more embossing powder, etc, etc, etc!
This feeling of wanting/needing everything NOW will never go away!! Sorry to bear you that news! There will always be something new, something more, etc. that you need. I've been collecting for 15 yrs and I still want, want, want! Hard as it may be, you need to just build slowly (or as fast as you can when he's not looking).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #76  
Watercolor Wizard

I work, and I spend! On stamping stuff. I don't try to explain or justify, hubby spends just as much for his boat/gas/tackle for fishing! Maybe. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #77  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great thread! I am amazed how much I have spent in supplies my first year of stamping! I have loved every minute of it--both the cardmaking and the craft of shopping for supplies! We have a very strict budget too. Yet, I find I can spend my weekly allowance on stamping supplies rather easily. My husband just says "don't go overboard"! I always keep very close to our allowed amount. We both work, and have three sons who are older now. I used to be a clothes nut. I would always spend any extra money I had on clothing--the days before I became a stamper. Now, I don't give a hoot unless something truly is wearing out!
I have slowed down on my spending now that I feel I have some nice basics. I always look for new things though because you don't want to send someone the same style card again!
I love finding deals and getting things on sale. I cut my coupons but don't neccessarily have to use them every week! I keep them in the wallet though!
I am surprised my DH doesn't complain on how I spend my allowance. He is such a dollar watcher! But he seems to understand my need to have this craft.
We need to be careful with the budget because we have two boys in college and one going in another year.So my stamping budget is rather small. I was happy to get my Cuttlebug for 50 percent off last year--with coupon. I love bargains! I am always on the lookout for deals like that and save up for special things that cost a little more.
I do like the shopping for tools and stuff --its almost as fun as stamping!
My DH is supportive, he likes the cards I make, and when he needs a card he asks me to make one too. Although when he gets a card for me, he goes to the local cardshop!
He just makes sure it has a lot of thought in it so I appreciate it!
Dh knows cardmaking is therapeutic for me, and has helped me make a craft area. It's not as pretty as others I have seen online, but its my space and I love it! One day, though, I know I will have a dream craft room, or just make the one I have even better!
For many of us, budgets are needed, but you can still have fun working with one!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 11:08 PM   #78  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I spend little money elsewhere or on my other interest of needlework. I work at a cross stitch shop so I get discounts, etc. I splurge on upkeep like hair color, manicures (I have very dry natural nails) and an occasional facial. The dress code here is totally casual and the stores reflect that. I live in jeans, own 7 pairs of shoes and 1 everyday handbag. We're retired, our small house is paid for, the kids are grown and at this point in our lives we just need to replace things as they wear out.

I talked with him at length about my new interest in paper crafts and stamping. My vision is changing and I can't stitch for as long as I used to. After 37 years he knows that I need to be creating something to be happy and when I'm happy, so is he! He's happy to work in the yard in the warmer months and watch TV in the winter. He's pretty frugal and spends very little money on himself, but when he does it's something like a 50 inch plasma TV.

Cindy in Oregon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 04:06 AM   #79  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmView Post
Usually once a year, someone puts out what it would cost to hire people to do everything for a household that a SAHM does and it's in the 6 figure range. Even someone staying home contributes a huge value to the home and should be rewarded for that. Hobby supplies are a great start.

Ann

Nicely said. I think this is why hubby doesn't question my stamp/scrap purchases. Well, that and he wants games for his PS3 and then there's his little golf hobby. The green fees alone add up to more than what I spend monthly and let's not even talk about the new irons he wants. And the best thing about golf? There's absolutely NOTHING to show for it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 05:59 AM   #80  
Kookie Creator

Too bad a stamp club isn't option right now. That was very helpful when I started my HTH items. As your children get older and start school projects, you will be so grateful to have all your tools to help them out with their projects. You won't have to run all over town purchasing things you will probably never use again, you will have them at your fingertips. Some of the items I have collected (Cricut E and Big Shot) is used more by my DH and 4 children and son-in-law. THey know I have them and are always thinking of things they can make with them. They are quicker at using them than I am. It's is soo awesome when they create also and come and join me in my craft room.

Hang in there. You won't regret the hobby you have chosen. If you ever go into scrapbooking and make them a book or even a page about them to hang on their wall-It is so worth it to see them smile and show everyone they know.

My DH husband used to question my hobby until I made him, our son, and son-in-law an scrapbook picture/page for Christmas from our family day at the drag races they competed in last summer. THey were proud and so was I. Keep the Faith!
Reply With Quote Likes