Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Fun Flock not so Fun (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/fun-flock-not-so-fun-199042/)

LuckyGirl 11-14-2006 04:56 AM

Fun Flock not so Fun

...my teddy bear has mange.

Well, that's what it looks like, at least. I fun-flocked a bear in teddy bear brown, and, while it's completely covered with furry stuff, the bear looks like it has mange. I guess it's because I colored it with Prisma pencils and gamsol and left some shades of light and dark so that when I fun-flocked it, he looks like he's losing patches of fur--- and not in a "cute" Velveteen Rabbit sort of way, either.

Ahhhh, back to the Fun-Flock drawing board.... If I get a pic, I'll post..

Adriene

MasJac 11-14-2006 05:12 AM

A friend of mine told me about flocking but I can not find it anyway.. Where did you get your flocking powder?
She lives out of state so she is supposed to send me some but I was jsut wondering if there is a site to order it on .

Melissa 8791 11-14-2006 05:13 AM

Hugs, Adriene!

I'm sure that your teddy bear looks cute. I can't wait to see a photo of your creation.

HeatherHolbrook 11-14-2006 05:16 AM

Try just flocking the whole thing, with out coloring it and I usually try to keep my glue inside the stamped lines, so it doesn't cover it.
Good luck!

cathy lynne 11-14-2006 05:18 AM

When I use fun flock I dump it on the adhesive and then put a scrap paper over the "pile" and actually push the flock into the adhesive. It seems to get a thicker layer of the flock. I'm not sure if that would help or not. :)

LuckyGirl 11-14-2006 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasJac
A friend of mine told me about flocking but I can not find it anyway.. Where did you get your flocking powder?

I got it from my TAC angel! They have, I think 4-5 colors, too! I was thinking about cruising the internet to see if it came in more colors.

But that's where I got it!
Adriene

LuckyGirl 11-14-2006 05:33 AM

Thank you, everyone for your ideas. I didn't think to Flock without coloring- thanks, Heather!

Any other ideas out there? I prolly won't get to post a pic until tomorrow-- I'm at my "day" job, thinking about cards- LOL!!

danssister 11-14-2006 05:43 AM

The one I have from Joanns has directions to let it set overnight, and then heat. That's what I usually do, but the one time I was too impatient to wait, it turned out horrible! HTH :)

tjcuetara 11-16-2006 04:42 AM

MY FRIEND JUST SENT ME A BUNCH OF COLORS OF FLOCKING. I AM NOT SURE HOW TO USE BUT WILL BE EXPERIEMENTING SOON. I WILL ASK HERE WHERE SHE GOT IT. THERE ARE MANY MANY COLORS. I HAVE NOT REALLY FIGURED OUT IF I CAN POST THE WEBSITE THAT SHE GETS IT FROM. I SENT HER A EMAIL AND IF ANY ONE IS INTERESTED IN KNOWING THE ANSWER PM ME.

Skittl1321 11-16-2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyGirl
I got it from my TAC angel! They have, I think 4-5 colors, too! I was thinking about cruising the internet to see if it came in more colors.

But that's where I got it!
Adriene

TAC has 5 colors- black, red, brown, yellow, white. A bottle is $2.95- so that's pretty cheap to try a new thing.

I haven't used it yet- but it seems like a cute way to accent cards. Did you figure out a way to make it "more fun" ?

nmslmomto3 11-16-2006 04:50 PM

I have done flocking. I never heated mine..the only heating I ever do is with liquid applique. For the flock, I used a zig 2 way fine tip glue pen to fill in the area I wanted flocked. I dropped the flock on it pretty heavy. I let it sit for a minute or two, then gently pressed on the flock a bit. I waited at least an hour or more before gently brushing off the excess flock. I was left with a beautiful soft image that was filled. I have used this for hearts before on valentines, for a rubber ducky I wanted yellow, for a bear I wanted brown. The stuff is really cute!

LuckyGirl 11-17-2006 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
I haven't used it yet- but it seems like a cute way to accent cards. Did you figure out a way to make it "more fun" ?

No, not yet, but I will try this weekend (after I get the plain colored bear cards done that I need for Sunday!) LOL!