Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   (full of ?'s today) please bear with me......need another opinion. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/full-s-today-please-bear-me-need-another-opinion-246191/)

krzylittlecara 05-04-2007 07:07 AM

(full of ?'s today) please bear with me......need another opinion.

Okay since I haven't seen all the colors of SU cardstock in person yet. Will you please look at the color of the dress on the link and tell me what SU color resembles this color the most????

(making nugget boxes for the wedding favors or SIL)

TIA

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesma...id=4118&cfid=1

sf9erfan 05-04-2007 07:22 AM

That's a tough one... I would have to say Cranberry Crisp. It is an In Color and only is available until the new catty comes out. You can go to the SU! site and look at their colors:

http://catalogs.shoplocal.com/stampi...eywordsearch=1

The closest second would be maybe Ruby Red from the Earth Elements catagory?

Good luck!

~CA~ 05-04-2007 07:28 AM

I agree with Ruby Red.

kikikaren 05-04-2007 07:35 AM

For non-SU - I'd go Bazzill Crimson or Pomegranate. Crimson is actually one of my wedding colors. I would have loved to go SU, but I couldn't find a good deep red like that! I love Cran Crisp, but the red seems almost dirty to me and is more dusky than I wanted for the wedding. I also love Rose Red, but it was too bright and pinkish for me. I just wish they'd come out with a good deep red!

If you want to buy Bazzill paper, Joann's sells it online for about $25 for 50 sheets of 12x12 (yes it is more expensive than SU). You can also use a coupon on it (I used 40% and my free shipping club to reduce the price). Bazzill also has a texture to it, which is nice. It's thick like SU cardstock too.

krzylittlecara 05-04-2007 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikikaren
For non-SU - I'd go Bazzill Crimson or Pomegranate. Crimson is actually one of my wedding colors. I would have loved to go SU, but I couldn't find a good deep red like that! I love Cran Crisp, but the red seems almost dirty to me and is more dusky than I wanted for the wedding. I also love Rose Red, but it was too bright and pinkish for me. I just wish they'd come out with a good deep red!

If you want to buy Bazzill paper, Joann's sells it online for about $25 for 50 sheets of 12x12 (yes it is more expensive than SU). You can also use a coupon on it (I used 40% and my free shipping club to reduce the price). Bazzill also has a texture to it, which is nice. It's thick like SU cardstock too.

I love the crimson (found it online) I might just go with that!! .................. now to find an ink that will match...............this is more difficult than i thought!!

chattiekathie 05-04-2007 08:10 AM

I think SU!'s Rose Red is pretty close, or if you can wait until July our new Purely Pomegranate might work.

krzylittlecara 05-04-2007 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattiekathie
I think SU!'s Rose Red is pretty close, or if you can wait until July our new Purely Pomegranate might work.

good idea too, the wedding isn't until Sep 29

Stampin4sandra 05-04-2007 08:50 AM

Cranberry Crisp definitely... it's very rich like Crimson. Better order now...it is retiring. I got 3 packs to have...love it for xmas.

robynstamps 05-04-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattiekathie

I agree about the Pmegranate.

OT- I'm in OKC, too!!

Robyn

slraff 05-04-2007 09:21 AM

If you're strictly sticking with SU, I say the Real Read. That doesn't look like a cranberry or a pinky red to me, but more of a true bright red. Just another opinion.

emmiestamps 05-04-2007 09:39 AM

I agree with Ruby Red.

lisahenke 05-04-2007 09:47 AM

I don't think there is an SU color right now that matches exactly. I think Rose Red would be too pink, ruby red is too dull. I think you might need to wait until the new Pomegranite color is available. Good luck!

KimberlyinMN 05-04-2007 10:13 AM

You can also go any David's Bridal and buy a matching ribbon for about $4 in the color of the dress so that you can take it with you to any store that sells paper. Or you can take the ribbon to your SU demo to compare in person with the colors.

:)

Kimberly

krzylittlecara 05-04-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
You can also go any David's Bridal and buy a matching ribbon for about $4 in the color of the dress so that you can take it with you to any store that sells paper. Or you can take the ribbon to your SU demo to compare in person with the colors.

:)

Kimberly

Oh, now that's an awesome idea!!! I never thought of that. They might also just have a swatch of some sort that they might just give me (like a sample fabric or something)

KimberlyinMN 05-04-2007 10:25 AM

Yep! I bought the ribbon when I was planning my wedding and took that darn thing everywhere with me so I could make sure things matched or coordinated. :) Or at least I could hold it up to the computer screen to make sure colors matched since I ordered a lot of stuff online like my flowers, dress, bridesmaid dresses, napkins, petals.

Kimberly

jkstampin 05-04-2007 11:24 AM

This is almost the exact color I had in my wedding. There isn't really a perfect SU match, but I used the burgundy that was out at the time - the name escapes me, but it was before Baroque Burgundy. Anyway, it was darker, but went well. I think that the Cranberry crisp would work.

fionna51 05-04-2007 11:29 AM

That is the color my DD and I were trying to match when she was in a wedding at Christmas...its lovely!

I agree with several of the above...both cranberry and ruby are too "muddy"...too much brown tint to them.

If I was going to go with the closest...I would pick real red. It is too light ( I wish we had one darker, but just as "clear" ) but would be the closest in tint. Either that or wait and see if the pomegranate would do...I think it might, at least I'm hoping that it will. Your dress is the color I have wanted in paper for a LONG time. CM has one that is bee-you-ti-ful, and I use it a lot.

krzylittlecara 05-04-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51
That is the color my DD and I were trying to match when she was in a wedding at Christmas...its lovely!

I agree with several of the above...both cranberry and ruby are too "muddy"...too much brown tint to them.

If I was going to go with the closest...I would pick real red. It is too light ( I wish we had one darker, but just as "clear" ) but would be the closest in tint. Either that or wait and see if the pomegranate would do...I think it might, at least I'm hoping that it will. Your dress is the color I have wanted in paper for a LONG time. CM has one that is bee-you-ti-ful, and I use it a lot.

Is the CM paper a solid? And can i buy it in bulk?

Cammie 05-05-2007 11:45 AM

i think cranberry crisp might be the closest...good luck!