Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   French Script (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/french-script-159799/)

luv too stamp 06-29-2006 04:33 PM

French Script

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone else has this problem with the French Script BG stamp. It seems to be smaller than my other BG's and it doesn't seem to fit on a card front.
Thank you

kphorse 06-29-2006 05:28 PM

I measured mine, it is 5" x 5.75"? Covers a complete A2 card and then some. What size are you doing?

HTH

Karen

row4d 06-29-2006 05:37 PM

Connie, there was a period a while back where a couple of batches of BG stamps were accidentally cut short. Contact your demo!

KatieNJ 06-29-2006 05:38 PM

I haven't run into that issue anytime I used the stamp... see my blog for my recent card layout. French Script is the stamp I commonly reach for too...

kphorse 06-29-2006 05:41 PM

Glad to know that Rachel! It could make a person insane trying to figure out what ws wrong!

Thanks for letting us all know!

Karen

luv too stamp 06-29-2006 05:52 PM

Thank you everyone, I have the same problem with Canvas. These two backgrounds are much smaller that the others. I am just using a cardfront that is $ 1/4 x 5 1/2

luv too stamp 06-29-2006 05:53 PM

ooops I mean 4 1/4 x 5 1/2

88 keys 06-29-2006 06:38 PM

i know this is completely off the subject of the size issue, but does anyone know what the translation is of the french script. i would love to know what i'm saying on a card.

SCEmily 06-29-2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88 keys
i know this is completely off the subject of the size issue, but does anyone know what the translation is of the french script. i would love to know what i'm saying on a card.

Got this from another thread on here:

From the SU website:
What is the translation of the French Script background stamp?

The words on the stamp are taken from a French poem by Victor Hugo, “Since Flowering May.” We are unable to print the English translation in its entirety because of possible copyright infringement of the translation, but you can get a sense of the mood from a few of the lines, printed below: “Since flowering May calls us from the meadows, come! . . . and let the radiance of all nature bring out, like a double blossoming flower, the beauty on your brow and the love in your heart."

lbirus 06-29-2006 08:44 PM

I had the same problem with my canvas BG stamp. I contacted my demo and SU replaced the short one with a whole new piece of rubber that is the correct size, so now I can do the entire card front!
Give a call... ya got nothin to loose 'cept the 1/8" that you've already lost!!
BTW, my demo said she had to call twice to get it replaced, it seems to depend on which customer service rep answers the phone.

88 keys 06-29-2006 09:21 PM

thanks so much emily. that sounds like something nice to send to someone, doesn't it? :)