Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-06-2022, 07:53 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Best Paper for Stamping

Hello Everyone, Hope your 4th was fun & safe. The question I have is what is the best paper to use for stamping? My "vendor" changed their product to another white paper vendor. I am very displeased with the results; stamped ink bleeds and even using Memento bled. I would appreciate some input on good paper to use. I am sure a lot of us spend a lot of time making cards and want them to look their best when giving away.
Many Blessings, Bev
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2022, 06:23 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

If you can give us an idea of what it is you like to do, that may help fine tune the answers you receive. You may have different needs than some of us

My favorite kind of stamping is with outline images that I then color. (I tend to stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black and color with Copic markers. Sentiments are often either heat embossed or stamped with Versafine ink.) My favorite continues to be the 80# Neenah Classic Crest in Solar White. I've tried a lot of other papers but consistently come back to this. I don't do a lot of stamping with colored inks so for that kind of application, I can't say that I've ever really looked hard enough to see if there are differences in paper where that is concerned.

Hope this helps!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2022, 11:05 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The products I use are Stamp'in Up. Mostly I use ink, blenders, watercolor with ink & colored pencils w/ water. Thank you for your input!!!
Bev
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2022, 01:52 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,866 Posts

You might like this thread on cardstock: Base Weight White Cardstock by JRstampers at Splitcoaststampers

I am thinking you are talking about the new white paper SU now sells. I have not used it. I have SU inks, reinkers, and the rest of the items. For watercolor, I basically use Ranger Watercolor Paper, like the Tim Holtz kind only sold in 8.5 X 11 inch pieces. I seem to be using Hammermill for most everything else. My colored is often SU, but also Gina K Designs or any other kind in my stash. I do love coloring with alcohol inks on Gina K Designs white or ivory. I am running out of GKD white, so I reach for Hammermill. It does work but is not as smooth as GKD. I have no experience with Neenah, but do trust other people who love it. I have also used Spectrum Noir white and it works wonderfully on alcohol inks, like the Blends.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
fl_beachbum (07-08-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 03:09 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

My faves are much like Adriana's. My go-to for Copic coloring and typical card making is Neenah Classic Crest Solar White. It's available in 80-lb and 110-lb, I buy a ream at a time rather than smaller amounts, but that's a matter of how much & how often you reach for it. My next fave for Copics is Papertrey Ink's Select White and also their Vintage Cream.

I have finally neared the very last of my SU White, but only use it for layering purposes when it's the only white showing on the card. A good friend still likes the SU, but she does not use alcohol markers in card making.

I think it's nice that many companies do offer 24-sheet or 23-sheet packs, which allows stampers to sample a few brands before finding their favorite.
Reply With Quote Likes