Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Keeping track of Digital Images

How do people keep track of their digital images. I love colouring in stamped images and printed images. I love them all.

Over the years I have collected so many, I bulk print up on card stock, copic card and watercolour paper, colour to my hearts content then store the coloured images in one folder in seperate sleeves for each image and another folder for ones waiting to be coloured.
I have sooooo many sometimes I spend ages going through folders on the computer looking for a particular image that I may have saved under the person who drew it name or the name of the image or type of image. My system stinks, any suggestions. Have all my rubber stamps in categories but my digital collection is sooo big.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2014, 03:57 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the system that was shared on here. please see this posting:
Index for Digi's by thriftystamper11 at Splitcoaststampers
goes into even more detail that brings you to more postings.
I catagorize by alphabet and company name.
The I do a category listing printout, of images and name of company that fit for these categories. I say my images to a usb memory stick; usually two different memory sticks, in case, one would fail; I put numbers on the memory sticks. Then I add that memory stick number next to image in binder; to locate easily.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2014, 05:10 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have mine in folders on the computer. I have a folder for flowers, folder for people, etc.....

I do the same thing with my silhouette files. It is just easier for me, to do them this way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

thank you both for responding. Will go read the other post.
Yeah I have done the same with my rubber stamps Ruthie so may end up keeping it simple this way. Will spend some time thinking on it so I don't start one thing then have to change again and again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2014, 07:55 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddy'smamaView Post
I have mine in folders on the computer. I have a folder for flowers, folder for people, etc.....

I do the same thing with my silhouette files. It is just easier for me, to do them this way.
I do the same thing on my computer. My folders include categories like yours and files like wedding, birthday, baby etc. After I've printed the image, I either use it right away or store it in a manila folder that is labeled the same name as the folder in my computer. I pull out the manila folders to color or cut the images while I watch TV. It seems my hands cannot be idle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I usually keep my images in a folder that are either the name of the store or the artist. I use tags to categorize the image. An image can have multiple tags, so for example, I can have a Christmas bird image. My tags would be xmas & bird, that way it shows up with either search term. I've been working on going back and adding tags to the ones I got in the early days. Those ones I have to go through the folders on my computer to see what I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2014, 01:19 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
I usually keep my images in a folder that are either the name of the store or the artist. I use tags to categorize the image. An image can have multiple tags, so for example, I can have a Christmas bird image. My tags would be xmas & bird, that way it shows up with either search term. I've been working on going back and adding tags to the ones I got in the early days. Those ones I have to go through the folders on my computer to see what I have.
Sorry you have lost me here, do you mean you make tags using the images in multiple ways or that you use a program that allows you to add tags for a search? If using a program which one do you use. Thanks for responding
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2014, 01:22 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Im wondering if I should print up multiple images on a page with the file name for each image and company it is from on it and print up and keep in a folder. But then maybe I should put in categories first, ahhhh its never ending.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2014, 01:23 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddy'smamaView Post

Do you use a particular program for keeping this info in. Could do the same with my silhouette too as I am just starting off with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ailhelenView Post
Sorry you have lost me here, do you mean you make tags using the images in multiple ways or that you use a program that allows you to add tags for a search? If using a program which one do you use. Thanks for responding
My desktop has Windows Vista on it and when I open a picture in Photo Gallery, I have the option to add tags to the picture. Then when I use Explore to look through my files, I can also use the Tag column to sort or search by. So its, automatically built into Windows up to and including Windows 7. I'll have to check one of my laptops to see if its there in Windows 8 - I don't put my digis on my laptop so I never think about it when I'm using it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I get my images I put them in one ofthe folders I have created to keep trackof them -- animals, people, christmas, etc. I also print out a copy for my index book so i can scan thru the book, some times it is faster. I also have an index book of my stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes