Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Flourishes hoax? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/flourishes-hoax-611168/)

stampinindieeditor 07-03-2016 12:45 AM

Flourishes hoax?

I received an email that Flourishes, the stamping company, was open again for business. I found this website (did not click on the links from the email just in case).
Flourishes, lc - Timeless images for today's paper crafter creating with Love & ArtFlourishes, lc
The artwork from A Mother's Hug seems to be amateurish, and the owner's words at the bottom of the page are written in terrible English. I'm worried that it's a scam website and will only steal people's credit card information if they try to buy from it. Anyone know anything about this?

QueenOfInkland 07-03-2016 04:48 AM

Legit or not I don't know, but.......

I went out to Flourishes, lc - Timeless images for today's paper crafter creating with Love & ArtFlourishes, lc and it says that flourishes has become flourishes l.c

Flourishes l.c has a blog here: Blog - Flourishes, lcFlourishes, lc

You could contact someone designing for flourishes l.c and ask your question. There are a number of 'senior designers' listed and the most recent blog post was 7/1/2016.

HTH.

wavejumper 07-03-2016 06:08 AM

I checked the link I have had for some time and that's the site and I did order from it with no problem. So I am inclined to believe it is legit. The owner may be ESL which can show up more in writing than speech with conjucations.

I hope she continues to heal and life gets better for her. If you have concerns, just buy the product from suppliers instead. :)

vdutchr 07-03-2016 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinindieeditor (Post 21270413)
I received an email that Flourishes, the stamping company, was open again for business. I found this website (did not click on the links from the email just in case).
Flourishes, lc - Timeless images for today's paper crafter creating with Love & ArtFlourishes, lc
The artwork from A Mother's Hug seems to be amateurish, and the owner's words at the bottom of the page are written in terrible English. I'm worried that it's a scam website and will only steal people's credit card information if they try to buy from it. Anyone know anything about this?

No scam -- Jan Marie is re-starting up Flourisheslc. We are slowly but surely getting it out there again. So yeah, it's legit.

lesliespringer 07-03-2016 09:36 AM

There has be talk for awhile that Flourishes was going to come back.

When I received the email from Jan-Marie, I did NOT think this was a scam at all.

Illinois Marge 07-03-2016 03:43 PM

Does anyone know if Flourishes stamps are rubber or clear? I've never ordered from them, and the product description does not say.

harvestmoon 07-03-2016 04:11 PM

Claudette, the Mother's Hug artwork looks to me to be in the style of American Indians, very fluid, which we see a lot here in Oklahoma.
Wavejumper, please what is ESL?

dini 07-03-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illinois Marge (Post 21270811)
Does anyone know if Flourishes stamps are rubber or clear? I've never ordered from them, and the product description does not say.

They are clear stamps.

stamp luvr 07-03-2016 04:49 PM

ESL

ESL = English Second language.

I got the email from Jan Marie too and I thought it was legit.

dini 07-03-2016 06:41 PM

I think she may use voice recognition, or has a difficult time typing.

It has been a rough, drawn-out reboot for them.

wavejumper 07-03-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dini (Post 21270923)
I think she may use voice recognition, or has a difficult time typing.

It has been a rough, drawn-out reboot for them.

That could certainly explain it too. That does sound rough. :(

BTW-I have no negative associations with the term English as a Second Language. To me it's just a tech term.. That was in no way me making a crack. It's so common here in NYC we say it like saying someone has brown hair. With 250 languages being spoken here now....it's a ton of people! :)

I wish her all the luck!!

stampinindieeditor 07-04-2016 12:47 AM

Thanks so much for your replies! I was worried because I had been following their Facebook page and someone commented that it was all a scam and there was a big reaction of people being concerned, wondering whether to believe that person's message or not. I can breathe easy now.

Scrapjanny 07-04-2016 05:50 AM

Hey, Wavejumper, where are you in NYC? I live in the Bronx.

Illinois Marge 07-04-2016 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dini (Post 21270856)
They are clear stamps.

Thank you. They really should put that in the description. I prefer rubber and if I had ordered what I was eyeing, I would have been upset when it came. Thanks for letting me know.

lharnish 07-04-2016 07:16 AM

I got the email as well and went to the link. The pictures shown for some previous sets seems to be of poor quality, like a photograph of a rumpled up piece of paper, which makes the site appear to be sketchy (as the teenagers say). I too wondered if it was legitimate.

sf9erfan 07-07-2016 09:13 AM

I may get flamed here, but the Flourishes reboot has me very confused. And it doesn't help that all the links in the posts above are all broken/website down for maintenance. If the company is legit and coming back online why was the facebook page pulled down and the website down?

I've been a long time supporter of Flourishes (and even designed for them for a brief stint) and nothing would make me happier than to see them come back and be successful, but in my opinion, something here is off.

lesliespringer 07-07-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sf9erfan (Post 21273318)
I may get flamed here, but the Flourishes reboot has me very confused. And it doesn't help that all the links in the posts above are all broken/website down for maintenance. If the company is legit and coming back online why was the facebook page pulled down and the website down?

I've been a long time supporter of Flourishes (and even designed for them for a brief stint) and nothing would make me happier than to see them come back and be successful, but in my opinion, something here is off.

Website and blog has been working, I have been in both numerous times since this thread started. I wonder whats up???

lesliespringer 07-07-2016 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringer (Post 21273492)
Website and blog has been working, I have been in both numerous times since this thread started. I wonder whats up???

Actually I received the email from Flourishes on June 30th. Website worked then also.

lynnewithane 07-07-2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinindieeditor (Post 21270413)

Now it's under construction. Nothing there when you click on the link.

Karen Wallace 07-08-2016 12:24 AM

I just clicked on it this morning and it's still under construction. Also all of the stamps are left overs from before. Their clear stamps were always the best quality. I hope they are coming back and have found some new designers for the stamps. Marcella has started her own company now and she was the one that designed the gorgeous flower stamps. Most of hers now are digital which is not my cup of tea. Hope Jan is doing well now, she's a real sweetie!!!

SkyNacho 07-08-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen Wallace (Post 21273682)
I just clicked on it this morning and it's still under construction. Also all of the stamps are left overs from before. Their clear stamps were always the best quality. I hope they are coming back and have found some new designers for the stamps. Marcella has started her own company now and she was the one that designed the gorgeous flower stamps. Most of hers now are digital which is not my cup of tea. Hope Jan is doing well now, she's a real sweetie!!!

I am not a fan of digitals, either, but she does have over 50 clear stamp sets for sale. :)