Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Floral background stamp (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/floral-background-stamp-100886/)

Stolynn 11-21-2005 09:06 AM

Floral background stamp

I think the picture in the catty doesn't do the background justice. OK..sorry..I just got my stamp and it's so much prettier than in the catty, I just had to tell someone who could appreciate my thought. Thanks for reading <g>

thenolanz 11-21-2005 09:38 AM

I agree 100%; I wish they had used a different "piece" of the bg to show in the catalog!

hhroady 11-21-2005 10:14 AM

I agree as well. It is probably one of my most favorite stamps right now. I was inspired to try it out based on all the great cards made with it here on SCS. Check out the gallery!

~Heather

laurakj 11-21-2005 10:27 AM

I really didn't like that stamp from the catty pic. That was until I saw some of the gorgeous samples in the gallery.

robth 11-21-2005 10:27 AM

I just got it yesterday myself and thought the same thing. The detail on the stamp is incredible. Can't wait to have some time to play with it.

WAXYO 11-21-2005 10:33 AM

ditto to all of that...I didn't give it a second glance until I saw all of the neat-o cards here made with it...and it should be waiting for me on my doorstep as we speak :)

I'm going to use it to make sets of cards to give as gifts this year...using the one sheet wonder technique. I think the grandmas will love the elegance!

2grls2boyz 11-21-2005 10:37 AM

I wholeheartedly agree. I often haul the floral stamp to workshops with me so people can see it! The catty doesn't do it justice! I use it a lot for background stamping.

Stamp_a_licious 11-21-2005 10:39 AM

Thank Gawd our customers/friends have awesome demos/friends like all of us to SHOW them how awesome it really is huh? I love that BG Stamp too :)

stamps&cars 11-21-2005 11:37 AM

I would almost rather see the whole design reduced than just a portion of it regular size. Most other stamp companies do it that way. I was actually confused at first because I didn't know it was only a portion of the stamp!

robbrd 11-21-2005 11:58 AM

I agree with everyone. I got the stamp when it first came out, no clue what my motive was for the purchase. I had seen some samples here and didn't even realize I had the stamp until last week when I was looking through my backgrounds for another stamp. I got that mounted fast and used straight away. It is gorgeous and the catalog doesn't do it justice.

ccarol 11-21-2005 12:17 PM

i love the floral BG - I made several cards where i paired it with the flower from Heartfelt Thanks --- very elegant! somewhere on SCS i saw a cool card where the floral BG was stamped over Just Jeans (or maybe it was the other way around) but in either "case" it had a great fabric look!

Kittypaws 11-21-2005 04:10 PM

A friend at our stamping club made several cards using the floral stamp alone in several different colors. Absolutely spectacular! Have fun playing with it!

mmferg 11-21-2005 05:07 PM

I totally agree!!! I never would have bought this background based on the pic in the catty...yuck! I just got in my order friday and I absolutely love it!! Most of my friends could not believe it was the same stamp that was pictured in the catty!

laurakj 11-21-2005 05:20 PM

I just realized that if you go to the Online Catty and actually click on the floral stamp, it shows you the whole thing. It's small, but you can see that the pattern is nicer than the paper catty picture.

cobannon71 11-21-2005 05:37 PM

All this talk of the background stamp got me curious and so checked out the samples in the gallery. WOW!!! I'm a HUGE Anna Griffin fan and this is like one of her patterns. So pretty!! I may just have to add this to my list.