Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Fiskars 12" Trimmer Replacement (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/fiskars-12-trimmer-replacement-32776/)

m rautmann 03-18-2005 08:04 AM

The ruler is off for measuring. I always had my cuts when I cut 5.5" being off, one larger than the other. The same with scoring my cards, they wouldn't line up. I called Fiskars and got a new cutter. This was for the Euro cutter.

mahodgman 03-18-2005 08:53 AM

Fiskars

Mahloumel, just go to www.fiskars.com and look for cutomer service. You have to go through a couple of screens like country and the main home page, but just look for something about contacting us or customer service or something like that.

MadTownKatie 03-18-2005 09:16 AM

Here's the address:

[email protected]

grace 03-18-2005 09:39 AM

Thanks Gals...I've been meanig to contact Fiskars forever just never go around to it! :oops: Well thankfully you've given me the 'kick in the butt' to get it done. Hope I hear from them soon.

TFS

sarsam 03-18-2005 09:50 AM

[quote]Hello Katie,
Thank you for using Fiskars products. We are sending you a replacement clear ruler for your trimmer at no charge to you. When you make your cuts, try having the trimmer horizontal with the blade closest to your torso. Make sure the blade is always being pushed away from you and the paper is being held tight on the base ridge. Also, we find the best cuts when standing. I hope this is helpful to you. If you continue to have problems with your trimmer, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Jenni - Consumer Affairs

Fiskars Customer Service
780 Carolina St.
Sauk City, WI 53583
800-500-4849 option #4
Quote:

OK....is it just me? But keeping it HORIZONTAL would mean keeping the long side going right to left in front of you correct? Then how do you always push the blade away from you? Did she mean VERTICAL??

celestial_stamper 03-22-2005 10:10 AM

I have e-mailed Fiskars twice in the last couple of days & have yet to get a response. If no response by the end of the week, I guess I will call them.

grace 03-22-2005 10:24 AM

I emailed them a few days ago...got a response the next day...replied to their inquiry of what type of cutter I had...and the next day they replied that they would send me a new cutter and I should expect it in 5-7 days. Wow...I'm amazed at the service!!! :D

grace 03-22-2005 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moprica
Hmph - I think I've been downgraded. I had a black & silver trimmer, similar in shape to the new one that SU! carries. I just got my replacement (via UPS) and it seems as though I've ended up with one of the old grey and orange ones. This stinks. Should I be happy I have a new one? :?

email them back and tell them they sent you the wrong cutter!!! I'm sure they will look after it...I'm so surprised at how quickly they responded to my problem

hooahwife 03-22-2005 05:53 PM

I'm so glad this was posted. I was going to go to Michaels tomorrow and purchase a new trimmer. Mine cuts crooked as well and I thought I was doing something wrong.

celestial_stamper 03-22-2005 07:38 PM

I am still waiting for a response to my e-mail. Seriously thinking about going with an entirely different brand. Any suggestions?

dbennett 03-22-2005 08:05 PM

The new Creative Memories Trimmer is AWESOME. My only complaint is that there is no scoring blade

Denise

celestial_stamper 03-23-2005 09:03 AM

I finally spoke to someone at Fiskars today. She was very friendly & helpful. She answered all of my questions & is sending me the solution. Thank you for the helpful post & happy cuttin' ya all.

Jillybean 03-23-2005 11:21 AM

I emailed them about my trimmer not cutting straight and asked to replace my ruler and they sent me a whole new trimmer.

Jill

addicted2cards 03-30-2005 04:57 AM

wow, i am so impressed with fiskars. i emailed them, got a response the next day saying they would replace the trimmer. i received the trimmer in the mail 4 days later.
thanks to you all, i have a new trimmer. i thought it was just me doing something wrong, till i seen this thread.
thanks again!

gapeach30120 03-30-2005 05:13 AM

I emailed fiskars about my cutter and the lady replied promptly and said they would send me a new cutter in about 5-7 days and I received a new one in about 5 days. Very prompt in answering questions and getting one out to me!

BRENDAC57 03-30-2005 05:24 AM

I sent them an e-mail, the e-mailed me back and asked me for a description....color, model #, etc. I e-mailed them back and never heard anything else from them until about 5 days later....i received a new cutter in the mail....What great service!

celestial_stamper 03-30-2005 11:14 AM

Got my new cutter today. I just love to see Mr. Brown pull up!!!
I have already e-mailed Fiskars letting them know it got here & to thank them again for all of their help.