Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-08-2007, 07:32 PM   #41  
Compulsive Stamper

I have not yet had any problems yet with clear envies and the extra postage but if I mail a letter and I dont have enough postage they put it in my po box with a note postage due and that gets me as I do not go to the po office but 2 times a week and when I see a card in there I thought it went out already that burns me. They could just leave me a note to stop at the desk and pay whatever I owe...like that would be no big deal it is a small town everyone knows ya! The new postmaster...well she has been here a good year now shes a real piece of art work...very rude and not a friendly tiger let me tell ya!
Dar
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-10-2007, 07:47 AM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

May I ask a dumb question?? Why use clear envelopes in the first place?? So you see through it and can see the card front or what? Thanks.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:36 AM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

I am surprised. I never thought that a clear envelope would make any difference to the post office, and I don't see why it should. Funny. Every post office seems to follow its own rules.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:01 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeribeariView Post
May I ask a dumb question?? Why use clear envelopes in the first place?? So you see through it and can see the card front or what? Thanks.
That's exactly it -- hand-stamped cards are just too pretty to hide!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 06-10-2007, 10:04 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Alice*View Post
I am surprised. I never thought that a clear envelope would make any difference to the post office, and I don't see why it should. Funny. Every post office seems to follow its own rules.
At the branch where I mailed my Christmas cards last year, the clerk said it was because the reflectivity of the plastic sometimes made it hard for the scanning equipment to read the address info. He still didn't charge me any extra, though. I've heard that the reason given at other post offices is that the envies are slick and so they don't move through the machinery properly. None of my cards came back to me for additional postage, and to my knowledge none of the recipients had to pay to bail out their cards.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"