Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Festive Favorites Update (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/festive-favorites-update-165913/)

kellyklp 07-17-2006 05:19 AM

Festive Favorites Update

Hi Eveyone, I just got my Festive Favorites on Friday, and I was surprised when I got it. Maybe I am not paying attention, but, the 3 rectangle stamps are all in one big stamp!!!! So, just thought I would let people know that they aren't 3 individual stamps like I thought. My DH took the wood blocks to work and cut it into 3 blocks for me to have 3 separate stamps. I just thought I would give people heads up. I was surpised!!!!

kelly :0)

Cat 07-17-2006 05:44 AM

Would have NEVER guessed that... missed that the set was only 6 stamps. I think I'd HAVE to cut them apart :)

deb_loves_stamping 07-17-2006 05:54 AM

My demo ordered that set and she showed me when I was at her house last week. What a disappointment to have to cut the wood up ... WHY would they do that? I did see one card in the gallery using it as one big card front, which was very very nice, but I cant see doing ALL my cards like that. I'm thinking twice about getting it, only because I have no way to cut the wood up. I'll have to think about that for a while.

annabelle1974 07-17-2006 05:59 AM

That explains why we thought the 6 in the set was a typo. Why would anyone want those 3 to all be on one stamp? They should make that clear as there is no way for anyone to tell that.

Karen Trueman 07-17-2006 06:08 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at that set and really interested, but couldn't figure out the stamp count. I'm going to a stamping convention the first weekend in August, I think I'll be looking for some wood blocks so I can cut those babies apart!!! ;o))

deb_loves_stamping 07-17-2006 06:20 AM

kellyklp, can you tell me what size of wood block we would need if we were to break the stamp into three separate stamps???? The measurements of the size of wood block we would need. Thanks!

fionna51 07-17-2006 06:44 AM

I don't have the set, but have been known to work with a similar situation. Other than cutting the block, try these:
...Stamp the whole image and cut it into 3 pieces. This works if you are going to layer like in the sample on p 53.
...Ink and stamp only one section. This is kind of a pain but not impossible. I always line up my images on top of the stamp with the rubber when I mount the set, then use a slightly oversize piece of paper so I can trim where needed.

To be honest with you, this is a must-have set for me. But because I don't mount on wood blocks any more (I use acrylic blocks with my rubber/foam) this issue is no longer an issue! I'll just cut them apart! If I want to use them together, I will just mount them together on one block. Piece of cake!

Barbra1224 07-17-2006 07:08 AM

Oh. What a bummer.. I'm glad you posted this. It never occurred to me to check the stamp count. gosh!

Nedatn 07-17-2006 08:36 AM

That's a bit annoying but I will get it anyway. I will probably stamp the whole image and then cut out what I need and save the extra for later. I LOVE THIS SET!

Annetta

stamp4sanity 07-17-2006 08:39 AM

Hmmm, that is a bummer. I am going to have to think about this.

stamping_KML 07-17-2006 08:59 AM

Wow, that's a bummer! That's the one Christmas stamp set that I liked. If I do get it, I'll have to find some extra wood and cut them apart. Thanks for letting us know!

smitty2004 07-17-2006 09:27 AM

lots of people are remounting so the wood blocks are always for sale on ebay.
(if that helps?!)

kellyklp 07-18-2006 05:55 AM

Festive favorites Update

Hi Everyone,
My DH cut my blocks for me, and my internet was down all day yesterday, so here are the sizes. The rubber image is 1 3/8"x3 1/4". My DH just cut the blocks in 3, and it worked just fine. Granted, the handles are on the short sides, not the long sides, but I can overlook that. The wood blocks were cut into 1.5"x3.5" (the length the block actually comes in). This set was still a mut-have for me, but if anyone is interested in having my DH cut their blocks for them, please PM and send me your block, and he will do it for you free of charge. It is still a great set, I was just really shocked when I got it!!!!! I am glad I could bring it to your attention.

Kelly :0)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_loves_stamping
kellyklp, can you tell me what size of wood block we would need if we were to break the stamp into three separate stamps???? The measurements of the size of wood block we would need. Thanks!

annabelle1974 07-18-2006 06:01 AM

I have several boxes of blocks I am getting rid of on BST board if anyone is needing some.