Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-14-2014, 06:12 PM   #121  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread was a good reminder for me. Sometimes, I forget to post here after posting on my blog. I got a few cards uploaded today. I need to do a much better job of perusing the gallery and leaving comments, though.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #122  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
This thread was a good reminder for me. Sometimes, I forget to post here after posting on my blog. I got a few cards uploaded today. I need to do a much better job of perusing the gallery and leaving comments, though.
Yes, this - me, too...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2014, 04:53 AM   #123  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts

I reply to some of the posts but I have not put anything in my gallery...Why??? you ask?? Because for some reason I just cant figure this thing out. I have my own blog which I found easy to do and I have a google + page but SCS galleys I can't seem to get the hang of. Maybe if I spent some quiet time on the site it might be easier but usually I'm inbetween running after grandkids!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #124  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

What a cool thread!

I met a complete 'lurker' yesterday, here in my studio. She has "observed" for a few years, but has never created a user name & joined. She's really missing out on the cool stuff though.

Once you begin to participate by posting on topics, or swapping, or playing in the challenges, it becomes much more like being a part of an actual community. That's one of the bestest features!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #125  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I used to lurk, but now that I have been stamping for a while, I post pretty regularly. I figure, I'm just sharing my opinion so there is no right or wrong. I even started blogging about stamping, which is quite a departure from my "lurking' days. It is forcing me to make time to stamp, otherwise its so easy to get busy with other things. I figure, you only live once... I'd better get busy!

I agree with buggainok (sorry, dont have your name!), there are so many more resources than when I started stamping 14 years ago. It's easy to spend so much time "looking" or lurking, that you never actually create anything for yourself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2014, 10:03 AM   #126  
Die Cut Diva

So I finally sat down for awhile and was able to make some albums and upload a few pics...but...still can't figure out what the "My Gallery" is for because nothing I do goes in there. Hence the reason why I lurk! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2014, 10:11 AM   #127  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOBBYSUEView Post
So I finally sat down for awhile and was able to make some albums and upload a few pics...but...still can't figure out what the "My Gallery" is for because nothing I do goes in there. Hence the reason why I lurk! LOL
If you hadn't chosen albums, everything would have gone into "My Gallery" and also any other "fixed" gallery you had chosen to upload to such as the different techniques that are found in our Tutorials sections, or SU sets, or the various Anything But a Card options. Once you choose any of those galleries, the card is visible there and also in your member gallery.

Albums are great for organisation but harder for other people to look through, so I prefer to keep things organised on my PC and use My Gallery and the other galleries here ;). You also can't fill in as much information in the album option (unless that's changed in the new uploader, but I don't think so), so the only way to provide basic information for people is to stick it in the write-up box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #128  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
If you hadn't chosen albums, everything would have gone into "My Gallery" and also any other "fixed" gallery you had chosen to upload to such as the different techniques that are found in our Tutorials sections, or SU sets, or the various Anything But a Card options. Once you choose any of those galleries, the card is visible there and also in your member gallery.

Albums are great for organisation but harder for other people to look through, so I prefer to keep things organised on my PC and use My Gallery and the other galleries here ;). You also can't fill in as much information in the album option (unless that's changed in the new uploader, but I don't think so), so the only way to provide basic information for people is to stick it in the write-up box.
Thanks Sabrina...I'm pretty new to this posting stuff. I'm sure I'll catch on once I do more postings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #129  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

If albums are your preferred choice -that's perfectly ok! I don't meant to sound as if there's a better or worse way over all; I was just saying my own preference is not to use them ;-). I totally get the organising and categorising aspect of albums!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2014, 08:23 PM   #130  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a couple people pm me and ask why I wasnt posting cards in my gallery anymore. It was not that I quit it was more like I just havent had time. Since having major back surgery in 2012 my up and about hiurs are limited everyday. When I am here its in my tablet in the evenings reading and looking at all the fabulous cards you ladies make. I havent taken pics with my tablet to post them here. I love feedback on my cards but I also know not everyone like them or has time to comment.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2014, 08:52 PM   #131  

Didn't we all start as lurkers? Nothing wrong with that. The site offers SO much it took a while to navigate- like 4 years! Then I had a tutorial to offer. I emailed and hoped Beate would do it. Duh- wrong. Their on line help is wonderful! Cook22 (Sabrina) helped me through it. I was told they wanted it but I had to get active and post something. I've been fairly active ever since. The bonus- I've met some wonderful people, even if only on line!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2014, 01:13 PM   #132  
Cardstock Collector

I'm in the same boat with Chris Pearce who said, "I'm from old school, I'm still learning how to use my iPad. I read the posts daily, sometimes I comment on posts, but I have never have shared a card that I've made, mainly because I'm challenged with the knowledge of how to do it."

Help! Help! Someone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #133  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by B. GayleView Post
I'm in the same boat with Chris Pearce who said, "I'm from old school, I'm still learning how to use my iPad. I read the posts daily, sometimes I comment on posts, but I have never have shared a card that I've made, mainly because I'm challenged with the knowledge of how to do it."

Help! Help! Someone.
Here you go

Help for those who want to upload pics to the gallery by gregzgurl at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2014, 02:01 AM   #134  
Glitter Queen

This is such a great thread, and an awesome place! Unfortunately, it seems I only have time in the morning to read threads with my morning cups of coffee. Time is not a luxury for me right now. And my craft has taken a back burner....:( But this is a great place!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2014, 02:43 AM   #135  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

We've all had "back burner" phases, so just do what you do and circle back around to creating when the time is right - we'll still be here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #136  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueyedscrapperView Post
This is such a great thread, and an awesome place! Unfortunately, it seems I only have time in the morning to read threads with my morning cups of coffee. Time is not a luxury for me right now. And my craft has taken a back burner....:( But this is a great place!
That's okay! Coffee & crafty reading is better than nothing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2014, 05:20 PM   #137  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by connie leoneView Post
Been a member here for quite sometime! No gallery! Like Sue, I spend a lot of time on here, and also re-organizing my stampin space over & over!! I also do some posting if I have a question about something or will also respond to a post! I also enjoy looking at the beautiful cards & projects that are posted by very talented members here! I also try to comment on a card, especially if I put it into my faves!
This is me exactly !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #138  
Glitter Queen

I just visited your gallery & I loved what I saw. I read a lot, watch tutorials, & always check out weekly inkling. That said, I don't even know how to upload a card & probably haven't commented 10 times in 5 years. But I love visiting here & will continue to watch & learn. Thank you everyone for your contributions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #139  

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
She warned me not to post my work here because it would get the evil eye.
We don't allow the evil eye here .

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #140  

Quote:

Originally Posted by patmcclearyView Post
I just visited your gallery & I loved what I saw. I read a lot, watch tutorials, & always check out weekly inkling. That said, I don't even know how to upload a card & probably haven't commented 10 times in 5 years. But I love visiting here & will continue to watch & learn. Thank you everyone for your contributions.

We redid the uploader and it's super easy should you ever give it a try! I'm always here if you need help too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #141  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts

This talk of 'evil eye' had me laughing. Nothing could be further from the truth. This is the most kind, encouraging community you could want. We are here for each other so don't be shy, post a card or two. Lydia is modest, but she is totally awesome at assisting you if you need it. The moderators are always on and they are also wonderful. This community is whatever we make it, so the more the merrier. I am the opposite of some of the earlier posters- no blog but I post whatever I make here religiously. Some aren't all that great, but I'm a work in progress.
Reply With Quote Likes