Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Help a Newbie Pick Out Some CTMH Supplies

I'm a newbie with little or no supplies and plan to get more into cardmaking as opposed to scrapbooking. I held a CTMH party and am now eligible for roughly $95 in free product and a half price stamp. I also plan on spending some money, preferably $100 or less but I want it all! I don't know where to start. Any suggestions on which color inks would be good to start with that would be good for all seasons?

Here's what I'm thinking of getting:

D1407-February Stamp of the Month [free]
Stamp sets:
D1333-Wishing Star $26.95 page 39
C1385-Charmed $22.50 page 15
D1402-Togetherness $26.95 page 15
C1394-Candlelight Set $22.50 page 52

Free Product $98.90

D1315-Evergreen Stamps $12.98 half price [originally 25.95]
X5670-Winter Cosy $17.50 Textured Card Stock
X5745-Summer Celebration [free] Textured Card Stock
X5681-Spring Harmony $17.50 Textured Card Stock
X5669-Autumn Harvest [free] Textured Card Stock
Z1567-Garden $35.50 Ink Pad Combo
Z1263-Bitty Sparkles $3.50 page 91
Z1216-Brad Assortment $5.75 Winter Cosy
Z1297-Edge Distresser $2.95
Subtotal $95.68

HST $12.44
GRAND TOTAL $108.11

I also bought a Big Shot and a Cuttlebug embossing folder and want to buy some Nestabilities next. I'm opting to go with sets of Nestabilities instead of investing the space and money in a lot of punches.

Are these items good "starter" items?

Thanks for the anticipated advice from the experts on this site :-)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't have a print copy of the new CTMH catty yet, but, man is it ever a humdinger! They really did an outstanding job!

Your choices sound fun--enjoy all your new goodies, whatever you pick!

I have an extensive wish list, myself . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Those all sound good! I don't think you will be disappointed with any of your choices!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Hi,
Couple of comments for you.

Do you have the double scrubber and the my acrylic spritz cleaner. Need those.

I just had a similar party and got the same amount of free stuff. You mentioned that you would get a half price stamp set. You can actually get anything in the catty for half price. My suggestion if you are willing to spend the money is to consider the hostess rewards plus kits on page 105. You get a ton of stuff half price, it is a great deal in my opinion. I just got collection two last week. the window charms are no longer available and they substitued the embrace life stamp set at no extra charge. check them out.

One thing you are missing in your list is the level 2 paper packs. They are awesome for cards and so reasonably priced. I see you are getting both stamp sets on page 15. they co-ordinate beautifully with the Topstitch level 2 paper pack.

If I were in your position I would choose a couple of stamp sets I really liked. Get level 2 paper packs, ink pads, cardstock to match and embellies to match. That way everything color co-ordinates and build your collection that way. I would build the colors around two level 2 packs that I really liked. Should be enough to get you seriously started in card making.
Hope this helps and good luck,
Sandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyStampin1View Post
Hi,
Couple of comments for you.

Do you have the double scrubber and the my acrylic spritz cleaner. Need those.

I just had a similar party and got the same amount of free stuff. You mentioned that you would get a half price stamp set. You can actually get anything in the catty for half price. My suggestion if you are willing to spend the money is to consider the hostess rewards plus kits on page 105. You get a ton of stuff half price, it is a great deal in my opinion. I just got collection two last week. the window charms are no longer available and they substitued the embrace life stamp set at no extra charge. check them out.

One thing you are missing in your list is the level 2 paper packs. They are awesome for cards and so reasonably priced. I see you are getting both stamp sets on page 15. they co-ordinate beautifully with the Topstitch level 2 paper pack.

If I were in your position I would choose a couple of stamp sets I really liked. Get level 2 paper packs, ink pads, cardstock to match and embellies to match. That way everything color co-ordinates and build your collection that way. I would build the colors around two level 2 packs that I really liked. Should be enough to get you seriously started in card making.
Hope this helps and good luck,
Sandy
The only thing that stopped me from getting the hostess gifts was that I wasn't all that keen on the stamp sets with the options. I shyed away from the level 2 paper packages because the cardstock is included and I'm already planning on buying four of the textured card stock (2 are BOGO).

Decisions, decisions :-) Thanks for the input, you've given me lots to think about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Also, don't forget the TEXTURED TOOLS....I have the sponges, but I plan on getting the textured tool kit as well. I have heard RAVE reviews about them!!
Reply With Quote Likes