Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PTI's anniversary release

So, what is everyone's opinions of all the new stuff from PTI this year? (Nichole has a run down on her blog) Anything that *has* to go into your cart at midnight tonight?

My thoughts:
the dies--love the big scallop, but I think I'll wait until cuttlebug comes out with long plates. Don't love the fact you can't see through the other dies; I dislike cutting & then stamping due to the fact I can die cut better than I can stamp.

Impression die: Certainly pretty, but $16 pretty?

Felt, Paint, and Color Couture: not really a felt/paint/preprinted embellie gal. Some of the felt does look pretty and I can see how some people would like the coordinating paint.

Fillable frames: nice idea, will have to see the sentiments. Would be fun to collect the entire set and a nice price at $5 each!

Stamp Sets: Butterfly Dreams looks beautiful, but do I need another butterfly set? [answer: YES!]. Nothing else really screams out at me.

I thought this was a month for a new color or am I wrong? I've also been holding out on buying buttons since Nichole said they were planning on doing a button sampler (similar to their cardstock sampler) but it looks like just another mix.

Your opinions?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The most exciting thing for me is the new cardstock sampler. I love cardstock samplers.

I'm not sure about the dies, I find I don't pull them out very often so I will most likely skip them

I will probably get one or two of the stamp sets, but not right away.

I actually have a HUGE (for me) PTI order on it's way already, it's due here Tuesday according to the UPS tracking which I check on every day. So I think I'll wait a few months and then do another huge order. I kinda like expecting huge orders.

Oh I love the idea of the Color Couture. I think I will most likely get the binder and all the thingies. I'm not sure if I will use them or if I will use them as inspiration, but they are lovely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's my list so far!

Medium Scallop die - I have a BS so it might hang out a little but that's ok. Will get the large one later on.

Butterfly die - I have a stack of wool felt that I got from Vintage Vogue a while back...thanks to JulieHRR! Can't wait to make my own felt butterflies!

Dot Spot stamp set - it's a fun set. Digging the retro look and how they can be used as focal point or background.

Studio Style - OMG!!! Love it! something so different yet so fitting. Not sure who will receive these cards but this set might be just for me. Cards I make for myself to enjoy!

Still on the fence...Asian Fusion. I like those clusters but not sure about the vases & the borders. Don't know if I want to spend $24 for just the flowers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiunyukiView Post
Here's my list so far!

Medium Scallop die - I have a BS so it might hang out a little but that's ok. Will get the large one later on.

Butterfly die - I have a stack of wool felt that I got from Vintage Vogue a while back...thanks to JulieHRR! Can't wait to make my own felt butterflies!

Dot Spot stamp set - it's a fun set. Digging the retro look and how they can be used as focal point or background.

Studio Style - OMG!!! Love it! something so different yet so fitting. Not sure who will receive these cards but this set might be just for me. Cards I make for myself to enjoy!

Still on the fence...Asian Fusion. I like those clusters but not sure about the vases & the borders. Don't know if I want to spend $24 for just the flowers.
I'm somone who would get a joy out of receiving a card with those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There a few things I really want and will eventually get.

I like the impressions plates but i am very leary of them. I HATE my SU plates as they do not leave a very deep impression like the folders do.

I LOVE the Scallop Border Dies and will eventually get these. But the cost I will have to be patient.

I WANT and MUST HAVE
~Fillable Frames #1 die
~Butterfly die
~Studio Style stamp set

When they are released I will also get the Felt and Paints!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Studio Style Stamp set will be perfect for RAK cards and Birthday cards to my SCS friends on RAK!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

There is so much stuff it is almost overwhelming. I just placed a PTI order in the last few weeks to make sure I qualified for the anniversary set, so I don't think I will order tonight. But a few things I really like. The felt is intriguing. I might give that a try, but will pass on the paint -even though the cans are so cute. Fillable frames is a great idea. Want to see more before I commit to those. I think the Take 3 set is cute. Easy way to get just a few holiday stamps without committing to a huge set. The Year of Flowers is another neat idea. Not real big on violets, but curious to see what other flowers will be released later. Love the Studio Style set. I think it would be a great set to have and send for RAK's to other SCS members. I don't usually do Easter cards, so I'll pass on Egg Hunt. And Asian Fusion not my style either. Let's see what else, love the scallop dies because I HATE trying to line up my SU scallop punch. Those will be mine. Other die cuts, will just have to see what else they come out with, this months not something I really need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Like the others I don't know who I'd make cards for using the Studio Style...but I must have it.

The impression plates are two sided aren't they? They are just embossing plates right?? I do like the larger size. I really don't need them but I'd like to have them. I'll hold off on those.

I like the scalloped dies..might buy one.

I'll buy the designer paper....those 8x8" pads are always a must have for me.

I like Asian Fusion...depends on the other stamps in the set.

I'll hold off on the black felt..waiting for the yummy colors.

A new color will be introduced in March. I am hoping for a Lime color.

Fillable frames....yeah, I think I'll get that one too...and the die.

Not really into butterflies.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #9  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I NEED the colored felt! wish they were available now.
Asian Fusion and Studio Style are on my list
Don't know if I really need the combo pack since I own most of the colors ;^)
I would like more new colors.
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Nothing I'm too excited about this time around. I'm waiting until they release more colors. I'm going to hold off ordering anything until then. The felt is kind of cool, but realistically, how often do I use felt? No very often and I have a drawer full of it.

My Little Blog! Amy's Inky Fingers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWDStampView Post
to a huge set. The Year of Flowers is another neat idea. Not real big on violets, but curious to see what other flowers will be released later.
Ooh, I just did a google search for birth month flowers--March is Daffodil and April is Daisy--I bet those will both be pretty sets!

Funny how everyone wants the Studio Style set to make no one but us happy! ;) I did like the sentiment about having mojo problems.

I'm debating between ordering tonight and getting the last three stamp sets to qualify for the anniversary set, or just wait and see if there's an exciting color next month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

I definately am LOVING all the new stamp sets!
I love the idea of the scallops, but I seriously have SO many edge punches and various ways to cut scallops, I'm thanking God I don't need those, lol! I do want the butterfly and frame die though!
Same with the texture plates, they don't appear to leave a very deep impression so I'm going to pass on that as well.
Felt? GOTTA HAVE IT! Can't wait for all the new colors to come out!
Same with paint! I have oodles of it, but none that matches my precious PTI colors so this is a very exciting thing to me
All in all, I think this is going to be a very painful month for my cc, lol!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

I love the scallop border dies, but $16 EACH??? WOAH! I will pass on those though i do want them... I will FOR SURE order the cardstock sampler.. i buy the colours i am drawn to, but i like the sampler because it gives me a chance to play with some colour combos with the papers i DON'T have.. FUN!

I have some older sets and ribbon in the shopping cart, so maybe i'll just be adding the sampler to that, and that's it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

There is so much new stuff coming out this month that I'm actually having an easier time than usual resisting some of it. That's a good thing, since my order is still going to be darned expensive as it is.

I have to have the Butterfly Dreams set, Year of the Flowers: Violets, and probably BG Basics: Tin Types and Dot spot. For the dies, I'll for sure get the butterfly and one of the scallop borders, either the medium or the large. I have a couple of colors of the new ink formulation to catch up on, plus one older stamp set that I need. I'm well over $100 already, so I need to stop looking at all of the design team's eye candy now.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!

I'm on board with the Studio Style stamp set and the black felt. I'm real curious about the Fillable frames stamp set but I will probably stay up until 11:30 to see the big reveal and see if I have enough to qualify for free shipping if not I will wait until next month.

I have truly enjoyed this release. Checking the computer every morning with a cup of mojo had been a pleasure. Yummmmy good.

My "Small" Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm going to get Dot Spot for sure - love that set! I think I'll try the Year of Flowers: Violet set too - don't see myself coloring it in much but the samples I've seen with just the outline are very pretty.

I'm planning to get the cardstock sampler (although I wish they would have done it with just the new 2009 colors but I'm sure the 2008 colors won't go to waste) and I might try the felt.

Now I just need to find a few small things on my wishlist to get me to free shipping and I'm ready to order!

The Kraft Room
Reply With Quote Likes