Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Favorites by Number!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/favorites-number-218592/)

SoulStamper 01-26-2007 04:53 AM

Favorites by Number!!

Ladies-

I guess I am just curious but who wants to share their numbers?? Let's see what kind of numbers some of us have.. I am a beginner stamper and my highest number was 82.. I know, I know what you are thinking.. you poor girl.. but hey, I thought that was good for me anyway.. I know some of you whom I have favorited probably are working on number 6002 or something.. but I was just curious.. Words of affirmation always encourage a stamper right.. So share with me!

MkMiracleMakers 01-26-2007 04:57 AM

wow my highest is only 30! 62 seems great!

Then again most of my gallery is retired sets, or things that aren't hip at the moment! I guess I gotta start loading more!

MkMiracleMakers 01-26-2007 04:57 AM

oops 82 I meant! I saw 6002 and thought 62

tblmom 01-26-2007 04:58 AM

Wow- my highest was 11 and I thought that was great! LOL!

Suzyq01 01-26-2007 05:09 AM

I looked through my gallery yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at the number of 'favorited' hits I had. However, I almost fell off my chair when I saw that my Chipboard Calendar had a whopping 455! WOW ~ talk about validation. That was WAAAYYYYY above the rest of my stuff!

Suzyq01 01-26-2007 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzyq01
I looked through my gallery yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at the number of 'favorited' hits I had. However, I almost fell off my chair when I saw that my Chipboard Calendar had a whopping 455! WOW ~ talk about validation. That was WAAAYYYYY above the rest of my stuff!

Sorry, that number was 448 ~ just checked to make sure.

Gina K. Designs 01-26-2007 06:11 AM

Oh, just my humble opinion but don't ever get discouraged about your number. (I don't unless it's glaring at me from the scale below!) *wink!

I was looking at some of my numbers. No where near those biggies, but I noticed that some of my cards that had a higher number of favorites, had the least amount of comments and the ones with lots of comments weren't favorited at all. Remember, someone may put a card in their favorites to remember how to tie the ribbon, or remember the color combo etc... so don't get discouraged girls! You all do beautiful and unique work! Favorite are cool but they don't define you! Wow, I sound like I'm talking to my eleven year old. I'll hop down form my soap box now... (crawls out the door...)
Gina K.

CowgirlCreations 01-26-2007 06:15 AM

Yes..

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaK
Oh, just my humble opinion but don't ever get discouraged about your number. (I don't unless it's glaring at me from the scale below!) *wink!

I was looking at some of my numbers. No where near those biggies, but I noticed that some of my cards that had a higher number of favorites, had the least amount of comments and the ones with lots of comments weren't favorited at all. Remember, someone may put a card in their favorites to remember how to tie the ribbon, or remember the color combo etc... so don't get discouraged girls! You all do beautiful and unique work! Favorite are cool but they don't define you! Wow, I sound like I'm talking to my eleven year old. I'll hop down form my soap box now... (crawls out the door...)
Gina K.

So true Gina- I, for one, always appreciate your words of wisdom!

Christine Elliott 01-26-2007 06:38 AM

I was happy with a 3. since I mostly have no comments

colee_dupont 01-26-2007 07:20 AM

Just started my gallery, but my highest was a 14... not bad I don't think! I found it particularly cool that 14 people thought some little part of my project was worth remembering! It's a fun feature, but I just love all the sharing of art that goes on here, whether I've been favorited for mine or not!!!

SoulStamper 01-26-2007 05:27 PM

I guess my love language is words of affrimation so this helps.. but you are so right about it not meaning they dont love it by not leaving comments.. which inspires me to leave more comments.. I know i have favored things and not left a comment.... so here is my challenge to all stampers on scs.. TODAY leave a comment on someone's card that may not have alot of them just to encourage them and let them know someone cares!!
Anyone game?

Carol Lee 01-26-2007 05:47 PM

Holy cow! I think mine was 3.....*walks away head hanging down*

LOL

housefan 01-26-2007 05:52 PM

So since SU does not have a dry embossing machine, you can use Cuttlebug, but if they come out with with an identical machine that says SU on it, you cannot use it any more? Maybe I am confused. I would think that demos would not be happy with that. If they buy scallopped punches and then SU later comes out, they have to demo the SU punches even though they already own basically the same thing?

Gina K. Designs 01-26-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine Elliott
I was happy with a 3. since I mostly have no comments

I just stopped by your gallery and your lunch tins are beautiful!!
Gina K.

Gina K. Designs 01-26-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol Lee
Holy cow! I think mine was 3.....*walks away head hanging down*

LOL

Lift your head up girl! I saw your gallery! That bird card is gorgeous. I will be casing that soon! And, I love your diamond dust! Great touch!
Gina K.

Carol Lee 01-26-2007 06:18 PM

Thanks Gina! :) Your entire gallery is pretty fantastic. Thanks for looking in mine. I actually have one that has 9 so I'm not as pathetic as I thought. LOL

Crystallight 01-26-2007 06:51 PM

Where are the Favorited numbers at? I can't find it.

yytx 01-26-2007 06:55 PM

I just was excited that even ONE person liked any of my cards!!! I like them so that's enough for me - BUT I sure love to hear that other's like them too!!! :)

Crystallight 01-26-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystallight
Where are the Favorited numbers at? I can't find it.

I found it. I have one with 9.

adifrog 01-26-2007 07:01 PM

As I was reading this, I did not know what y'all were talking about, so I started going through my own gallery. I didn't even know this was an option! It totally made my night to see that people chose my stuff as a favorite. I feel a little guilty--I need to do the same for many others now! I'm excited about my highest number (a 10--who would have guessed? :) ), but I'm even more excited that someone favorited the stamp shelves my dad surprised me with. I can't wait to tell him! :D

serialpurrs 01-26-2007 07:21 PM

Highest count is 5. Not too bad since I don't have that big a gallery yet.

WeimFamily 01-26-2007 07:26 PM

Mine were all over the place. I looked while waiting for my DD to get ready for bed (took forever). Most were in the 2-7 range, a few were around 30 (made me feel really good) and one had 99! And of all my items, it's not the one I expected to be highest.

stampin' andrea 01-26-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adifrog
As I was reading this, I did not know what y'all were talking about, so I started going through my own gallery.

I, too, had NO CLUE what you all were talking about, so I went and looked in my gallery and saw it posted there clear as day how many times each card had been "favorited". Is this a new feature? I never noticed that was listed before.

I must say I am completely astonished at how many times my cards have been "favorited". Most of them had way more "favorites" than comments! I couldn't believe it! I know my cards aren't that great and that's why I generally don't get many comments (I'm a beginning stamper), but to see that folks actually liked something about my creations to add them to their favorites really surprised me!

Thanks for pointing this out!!!

P.S. -- My highest was 50 and I am in SHOCK that many people would add something of mine to their favorites. :shock:

Arlene Bridges 01-26-2007 08:22 PM

Well I was extremely happy when I flipped thru my gallery. I think there is only one item with a FAVORITE beside it. My highest was a 20 for a card near the end of my gallery (I think the first card I put up) called Holiday Mini Christmas Cardinal. My 2nd highest was for a scrapbooking kit made with SU papers, ink and lots of other goodies, called 10 Reasons Why I Love You.

I am STILL extremely pleased (even though some of you talented artists are far above me in FAVORITES and also in techniques).

Arlene Bridges 01-26-2007 08:22 PM

Oops that was to read only one WITHOUT a Favorite !

mmferg 01-26-2007 09:28 PM

My highest was 129, then again it also had a 100 comments! Whoo hoo!

I really like this new feature!

batgirl 01-26-2007 09:40 PM

My highest is 43!!! hoot! most of mine are 2-4 ish but thats cool too!

Christine Elliott 01-27-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaK
I just stopped by your gallery and your lunch tins are beautiful!!
Gina K.

Thanks so much Gina I really appreciate it! I just started my gallery. It is tough to come out of the lurking closet!
:)

Chef Mama 01-27-2007 10:56 AM

I also went into some of those that said they didn't have comments, etc. and love all that I saw!

I had one card with over 50 "favorited", but mine are mostly CASE'd (and credit given), so really, I was surprised that any of my cards had ANY "favorited" .

I was thinking, for those who haven't been favorited, it may be that you don't have many cards in your gallery, so people haven't seen a lot of your cards. I know, too, that most of the ones I favorite are when I'm looking for something specific to get ideas from. I rarely go through the daily gallery & favorite something, but more often, I'll go to a certain stamp set, or a certain design type (I was looking for purse cards a few months ago, for example).

If you haven't been favorited, tell someone so we can go see your gorgeous work!

StampGroover 01-27-2007 02:16 PM

I think my highest was 31....I was tickled then, I just had to see what the popular stampers got and they were like over 200! Sigh makes me feel like such an uncreative person but oh well....I like my cards :) but I do have some that arent favored at all....which I think are cute so who knows....

stamps&cars 01-27-2007 03:34 PM

The highest anyone favorited me was 95 with 84 as a close second. Does anyone know what the little star means. I was looking at my Give Thanks card and above the card where it says 'Home -(then the name of the Gallery) Give Thanks*, there is a red star by it?

jailbirdstamper 01-27-2007 04:48 PM

[QUOTE=SoulStamper]Ladies-

I guess I am just curious but who wants to share their numbers?? Let's see what kind of numbers some of us have.. I am a beginner stamper and my highest number was 82.. I know, I know what you are thinking.. you poor girl.. but hey, I thought that was good for me anyway.. I know some of you whom I have favorited probably are working on number 6002 or something.. but I was just curious.. Words of affirmation always encourage a stamper right.. So share with me![/QUOTE

I'm a low low 45 and it's the ugliest card I ever made!

twyant 01-27-2007 05:53 PM

Mine is 48, which I am super happy about. I don't have a lot of confidence in posting my cards, so that makes me feel good. I have looked at all of the poster's galleries, and you are all very talented! Thanks for the inspiration.

SoulStamper 01-27-2007 06:28 PM

This is so cool that people have various numbers but remember ladies all of us are great stampers just in just so many different ways!!

annie21211 01-27-2007 06:35 PM

My highest number is 10 and I am thrilled with it. I just started a gallery yesterday. I've only been stamping for a year and am just now trying to come up with stuff on my own. I need more supplies.....:mrgreen: