Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Favorite Idea Mag??? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/favorite-idea-mag-31181/)

gthandy 02-23-2005 07:18 PM

Favorite Idea Mag???

Hey to all you seasoned ladies.

I was just wondering what your favorite stamping mags were?? paper crafts??etc. Thanks

Glen :D

Charlee 02-23-2005 07:28 PM

My favorites are Paper Crafts, Rubber Stamper and Stampers Sampler and their Take Ten.

Stampin'Hugs
Charlee

amylou 02-24-2005 05:55 AM

I must say Papercrafts!!

seewah 02-24-2005 06:06 AM

My favorites are Papercrafts (any of their magazines ... the monthly magazine and their special editions), Take Ten (Stampers Sampler) and the Rubber Stamper.

HTH! :D

angelwings 02-24-2005 06:19 AM

I always get Rubber Stamper and Stamp It (put out by Paper Crafts). I occasionally get the Stampers Sampler and always the Take Ten issue. Sooooo many ideas!!

kimilou 02-24-2005 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelwings
I always get Rubber Stamper and Stamp It (put out by Paper Crafts). I occasionally get the Stampers Sampler and always the Take Ten issue. Sooooo many ideas!!

Ditto on all of these. my favs are Rubber Stamper and the Take Ten. Has anyone seen the Take Ten in the stores yet?

JulieHRR 02-24-2005 07:01 AM

At this point, my all time faves:

Take Ten special issues by Stampington. Only produced annually.
Stamp It, only produced quarterly.

The others:

I'm hoping Rubber Stamper's improvements will win me back as a subscriber . . .

Stamper's Sampler is beginning to lose favor with me, as they are going too "artsy" (at least, in their last few issues, like Somerset), so I'll probably let that one go at the end of my sub . . .

Paper Crafts also doesn't seem to have enough balance, IMHO for those who enjoy stamping their cards . . . they cater heavily to the use of scrapbooking materials and I wish they'd provide a bit more for stampers . . . :( After speaking with them, they claimed they don't receive enough stamped submissions . . . hmmmmmm. I have sent over 2 dozen in the last 2 mos. and all were rejected . . . so, I found that statement very odd. :?

gthandy 02-24-2005 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimilou
Quote:

Ditto on all of these. my favs are Rubber Stamper and the Take Ten. Has anyone seen the Take Ten in the stores yet?

where do i get take ten?

seewah 02-24-2005 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Paper Crafts also doesn't seem to have enough balance, IMHO for those who enjoy stamping their cards . . . they cater heavily to the use of scrapbooking materials and I wish they'd provide a bit more for stampers . . . :( After speaking with them, they claimed they don't receive enough stamped submissions . . . hmmmmmm. I have sent over 2 dozen in the last 2 mos. and all were rejected . . . so, I found that statement very odd. :?

WHAT?!?!?!?! They rejected the QUEEN?!?!?! :shock:

That does seem very odd that you have provided them with that many samples and they didn't accept them. Maybe you should start your own magazine, Julie! :D

kimilou 02-24-2005 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gthandy
Quote:

Originally Posted by kimilou
Quote:

where do i get take ten?

You can order it online from Stampington or in some stores like Michael's , Barnes and Nobles, Borders. I've been watching for it to save on shipping but no luck yet. :cry:

hockeymom 02-24-2005 09:05 AM

I sell the Take Ten magazines. I can take preorders if you would like.
Just email me at
[email protected]
I believe the next one should be arriving anyday for March!.

Don't forget to check out he SCS Italian Charms too. They are on a sticky in Annoucements.

DebbiS 02-24-2005 09:11 AM

The Stampin' Up! Catalog and Idea Book. It doesn't get any better than that!

heart 02-27-2005 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
I have sent over 2 dozen in the last 2 mos. and all were rejected . . . so, I found that statement very odd. :?

Oh Honey!
They must be crazy!
24 of your amazing ideas and they did not want them!!!:shock:
I am in shock!
Well, they have no taste :mrgreen:

freedom43 02-27-2005 04:41 AM

I don't buy anymore

Ever since I found this site I no longer buy magazines!!!!
I have my stampin up catty and minis and YOU guys.
On that note I say thank you to every one of you craetive ladies.

I lied I do buy simple scrapbooks now and then.

GavynnsMom 02-27-2005 05:09 AM

I love stamp it and paper crafts. I have also submitted several stamped projects to paper crafts in the past couple of months and none of them were accepted. Oh well....one of these days!
Joy

cajor 02-27-2005 05:16 AM

My favorites are Stampers Sampler and their special editions like Take Ten and the Catch-Up issues....and PaperCrafts and their Card Creations special issues.

Amy J. in Wisconsin