Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Faux Cross Stitch with Canvas stamp (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/faux-cross-stitch-canvas-stamp-24299/)

cathcraft 01-16-2005 08:36 AM

Faux Cross Stitch with Canvas stamp

Hi Ladies - I posted a couple samples on the Canvas background gallery yesterday that I think are fun. I inked the canvas stamp, then also wheeled right onto it with my "all hearts" wheel. I did this just to see what would happen because they were both new and I was just experimenting with them. Then when I pressed my card onto it, it totally looked like cross stitch! Did I invent this or have you guys seen or done this before? :) It was too fun! Today some time I will try stamping some solid images onto the canvas and see what else I can come up with. Enjoy!

cathcraft 01-16-2005 08:39 AM

link

forgot to stick the link on there!
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...y.php?cat=3877

Avoca Sue 01-16-2005 09:00 AM

I love your new technique. I think it should be called the Templeton Technique for cross-stitching. Have you tried it with any other stamps?

jstarbright 01-16-2005 09:01 AM

that does look cool, will just have to admire yours since I don't have the canvas stamp

jodilynne516 01-16-2005 09:02 AM

That was a great idea! I've been debating over the canvas stamp. Right now I am on the "get it" side. I wonder how this will look with an image stamp.

heresrita 01-16-2005 09:17 AM

Great idea. Thanks for sharing. Now, I may have to get that canvas stamp afterall.

star2shine 01-16-2005 09:51 AM

That is very cool - it really does look like cross stitch! I will be trying this myself. Thanks for sharing!

mzs 01-16-2005 10:02 AM

I took the canvas stamp and used solid shaped stamps on it and randomly stamped them onto the canvas stamp. I then placed my paper on the stamp and rubbed it on. It made a nice background. I demonstrated this to about 100 stampers at our local Stampin Up Christmas party given by Kathy, in Austin, Texas. I got the idea on SCS back in November, when a stamper used a Christmas tree stamp and showed the cross stitched effect. I did mine with hearts on craft paper and layered it on black and baroque burgundy. I haven't figured out how to post a card yet, so I couldn't put in on the website. I swaped it with about 35 people, so if anyone out there would like to post it, I would appreciate it. Thanks for reading all of this.

plaid pony 01-16-2005 10:26 AM

Very cool! Before I rejoined the maddening world of stamping, I spent every waking minute cross stitching! Now, I can incorporate but of my favorite hobbies! What a great idea! Good job!

Michele Y

rachelbenj 01-16-2005 10:38 AM

Thanks for sharing that idea with us. I am planning on getting the canvas stamp on my next order, so now I have another technique to add to my list. TFS

JoyOfStamping 01-16-2005 10:46 AM

Very cool technique! :)

Christine P 01-16-2005 11:00 AM

That is too cool. I wondered how long it would take someone to figure out a cross stitch look with the canvas bg stamp. Cross stitch was the first thing I thought of when I saw canvas. I knew I would never figure it out though - lack of creativity! Awesome job!

Christine

cathcraft 01-16-2005 11:09 AM

funny

That is funny you thought of cross stitch! I never would have thought of it, just found it by accident! I would like someone to do something that looks like a screen - like a window screen or a screen on a porch door. That is what I thought it looked like - a screen on a back porch door! :)

LisaM 01-16-2005 12:05 PM

That is very neat. I never thought of cross stitch either when I saw that stamp. My canvas stamp is on its way, I can't wait to try it now. I was also an avid cross stitcher, before scrapping and stamping took over!
Lisa

ladybugstamper2 01-16-2005 12:47 PM

Thanks for the reminder on such a great technique. Several years ago this was the "rage", transfering images from a background stamp to a solid stamp. Never got the great cross stitch effect before, this is so great. I pulled out my canvas stamp and "stitched" up several things. I too am an avid cross stitcher and I always have a project or two going. Thanks

Cynthia