Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-02-2006, 07:20 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Stamping spaces question

If you have little ones with access to your stamping zone, how do you store your stuff?? I want it accessible to me, but only me.....suggestions??
Old 07-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend has little ones and she put a screen door on her stamping room with 2 hook locks high enough they cannot reach. Lets the air and noise through. So many of our products could really, really hurt little ones!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Wish I could....my stamping area shares the basement with their playroom...no real seperation between the two or availability to do so. :(
Old 07-02-2006, 07:37 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Hmmmm...my space is open too but doesn't look appealing. I have an old cabinet that I put the sharp objects on top of. They're going to want to do what you're doing so why try and prevent that. My kids (2 and almost 5) have their own supplies that they use. I also taught DS how to clean stamps the first time he set his hands on them. He reminds me to get the cleaning pad now! I think if you make it off limits that will just make them even more curious and get into your stuff when you're not looking.

Christmas Gift Super Stamp Camp - Nov 3rd!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

For now I have a vented door that locks... but eventually I plan to at least put chemicals in a locked cabinet...and then have a table set up with kid safe art stuff availible for ds. Lucky for me my stamp room is on the unfinished side of my basement, so we can make a big mess all over the floor if we want (paint/glitter etc) and not have to worry.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2006, 04:40 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Hi there,
I bought used room dividers at a garagge sale. I have to keep mu cat off of everything. I also store everthing in large tins and rubbermaid
Good luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2006, 05:14 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Away from the kids and easily accessible to me couldn't be done so away from the kids had to do --

I have my embossing powder some in little plastic drawers in the top of my closet, some of it in one of those two-part tool boxes on wheels that Walmart sold a few years back. They are in the bottom section and I have a couple of things on top of the tool box so there isn't anyway the kids could get at stuff.

Paper and stamps are in drawers that are hard to open, and also the stamping/scrap corner is "off limits" so I would know if one of them got over there.

Scissors are in my navigator tote bag zipped up. Also off limits to the kids in my kid-free corner.

If I had to plan it all and had more room I would put up those peg boards and have shelves and the off limits stuff like glue and scissors and EP would be on the high shelves in containers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2006, 05:26 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I put most of my "dangerous" supplies up high and out of reach when both DDs were little. I did start them off each with a basket of their own "supplies" and kept reinforcing that the baskets were theirs and not to touch mommy's stuff. Now they have their own desk in my area with drawers underneath for their supplies. I still keep supplies I don't want them using high up and out of reach.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2006, 05:39 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

I made a seperate basket for each of them, I add to it regularly with my scraps and old stuff. It keeps them in their stuff and out of mine. My girls have access to my stamp desk also. You can see it in my gallery. There is no way for me to block off anything or add a screen door, which btw, is a fabulous idea!

I also let them in my scrap drawer, and that way they feel they are using some of the items I have just been using also. I know some women would gasp at that thought. But OH WELL! Its paper and scrapbook paper scraps. They love being able to get in there and check out what new surprises I have left them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2006, 07:24 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

My stamping area has taken over the office (with plans to eventually have my own space with a door!!)

I have taught the kids the table is off limits! I made room for a drawer that I put scraps in for them. They know they can go to that one anytime. I also held on to some of my older sets for them.

Glitter, gamasol, modgepodge, EP's, scissors are all up up up! I would love for them to be out and handy, but someday I'll get there ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2006, 07:34 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

The screen door idea also works well if you have a new baby and don't want the toddler to mess with it. My friend had 2 year old twins who were so extremely jealous of the baby that she did not want them alone with it so she did the screen door on baby's room so she could hear and look in but tots could not get to baby to "help him out of the crib" or to feed him popcorn! She also put the fish bowl in there because they insisted on giving graham crackers to the fish.
Reply With Quote Likes