Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-25-2006, 08:43 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Question Fabric paint and stamps

As anyone ever used fabric paint on their SU stamps?? Does it come off okay?? I have Voila and I was thinking about making some napkins and stamping the chef on them but I am a little concerned about using my new set with fabric paints instead of ink.

I thought you gals might have an idea.

thanks,
Jen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:27 AM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Versacraft is an ink designed for fabrics by Tsukineko. You can also use chalk inks (just heat set after you stamp) and I think Palette Hybrids work on fabric as well... but I've never tried it. I can say that where I dropped my Palette pad on my shirt a year ago is still there...

Those might be easier to clean off than fabric paint.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:56 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Yes, I've used fabric paint. I put dabs on a paper plate. Use a sponge brush to apply paint to the stamp. I have an artist brush handy if touch ups are needed. Water, a bit of soap and a toothbrush cleaned up the stamps no problem.

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Old 07-25-2006, 11:07 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

YES - you can use fabric paint on your stamps! Just don't let them dry on or you will have a much harder time getting them off. I have used many of the Jacquard products (which do an AMAZING job) to stamp on fabrics. The wine bottle covers I posted in the DD gallery the month I was a guest artist were done using their products. I taught a class where we made these and the ladies went crazy over this technique!!! I don't think that I can share that link here being that it is in a special segment of the website.

The Jacquard products are available at Michael's as well as places like Pacific Fabrics. I'm guessing that JoAnn's has them too. I purchased the kit that Sherrill Kahn put together for them. It is fabulous!!! I have used that kit in many ways - here is another example of how to use stamps with fabric. The center of this card is stamped on silk and then I dyed the silk - it truly is luxurious in feel. You could use this same technique to make scarves, napkins, you name it!

Have fun and post back to this thread when you share your creations! I'm dying to see what you do!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:13 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Jacquard's Lumiere and Neopaque fabric paints are handsdown my FAVORITE medium for fabric stamping! Some other brands leave the fabric kind of stiff, but not Jacquard! You can paint/stamp it on silk and when it dries it feels like there's nothing there! They are SO scrumptious! Lumiere is the shimmery paint, Neopaque is the flat paint. VERY addictive stuff!
Sponsored Links