Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-18-2006, 03:07 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic vs. Craft Stampin' pads

Hi. I've been making cards for a while now but am just starting to get serious about scrapbooking. I want to buy some ink pads from Stampin' Up but have a question. The craft ones say the color lasts longer and that they are for scrapbooking, however they are about $22 more for a full color set. Are they really better or can I use the classic ones and have the same results?

Thanks for the help!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2006, 04:52 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I like the craft for certain things and classic for others. I like classic ink when I'm doing simple stamping and doing a lot at a time (usually cards). I also like using classic for BGs. I love the craft for embossing and using light colors on dark cardstock and covering other colors of ink (lazy way of masking). Because of this I have the ink craft spots in 3 families (wnen they were on sale but would have got them otherwise) and classic pads of my favorite colors. I'm still working on collecting the pads but have every color in craft in a pinch.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2006, 05:30 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

The Classic inks last a mighty long time. I see no fading with inks I did several years ago. They are nice to use because they dry quickly. The Craft inks are suppose to hold their colors forever. They are a thicker ink and dry slower. Because they dry slower, you have time to apply clear (or colored) embossing powder. Because they're thicker, light colors show up on dark papers. I use my Classic pads 99% of the time. I do have craft spots, and I'm starting to buy craft pads of colors I use a lot. When I made my purchases, I was primarily into cardmaking. Now that I'm scrapbooking, I can see that I'm using crafts more and more....but I still like the fast drying time of Classics! I would suggest buying a few pads of each, and find your own perference. White and red craft are a must!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2006, 06:39 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to BadSherry

I have the craft pads and absolutely *love* them. Of course, I am an embossing fanatic and they are the best for that. I have just a few classic pads (really only those from my demo kit) and like them, but not like my craft ones. When I'm working on a project that has 2 or 3 backgrounds, I will use my craft pads but heat set them w/my embossing gun. Gives it a little different color, especially where there is more ink. Get some surprising results!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2006, 08:39 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Craft Ink!

I love my craft ink. I find them to be more versatile. I will say though that I am mainly a scrapper and I just recently start making cards. When I am working on the US cardstock, I do perfer using my classic pads. I think that is why is so great that the spots are available because it gives people the chance to have both types at a reasonable cost. I have the full size craft and classic spots.

HTH ,
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 09:04 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I like the craft pads for the background stamps when the ink dries it feels like velvet...esp nice with the flowered background stamp...DD
Reply With Quote Likes