Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   ever not been able to get to Mr.Brown? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/ever-not-been-able-get-mr-brown-281621/)

denidill 08-27-2007 01:02 PM

ever not been able to get to Mr.Brown?

I don't know how it works with UPS in the States, but when the courier driver arrives in Canada, depending on the company, he needs your signature and sometimes, some cash, depending. Well, today I have a HORRIBLE headache and was laying in bed; heard 2 different courier companies knock on the door. I just ignored it, thinking it was solicitors; Plus, I couldn't even think of moving because of my throbbing head. I now could have had THREE orders in my hands. One was Papertrey, the other Crafty Secrets. The last one did not say, but it would have been stamping related, as I have about 4 orders in-coming.

Oh, I am sooo disappointed. And back to work tomorrow. Not that I could have done anything about it. My head is killing me. But I hate the fact that I didn't get my hands on those orders. I just have the 'I was here" slips. Dang!

This ever happen to you?? I swear, even if I was throwing up, I would have opened that door, if I knew it was my orders. (well, ok, maybe not puking...but looking really rough....I wouldn't have cared) :(

inego 08-27-2007 01:17 PM

All the time but my problem is out front porch in enclosed, the screen door sticks sometimes so they assume it's locked and we're not home so they leave the notice in the box and go.......
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting impatiently for my PT order......sigh.......

cardmaker2 08-27-2007 01:43 PM

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I can only know how I would feel. So sorry, Denise.

cmg.sweet 08-27-2007 03:33 PM

I live in apartments with an interior corridor that leads to 4 apartments. One time there was a new driver who didn't realize this and he knocked on the outer door and then left the "I missed you" slip on it. The door has a handle like on a kitchen cabinet, not a true door knob and apartment numbers on it. I was in shock!

MSBetsyZ 08-27-2007 10:49 PM

Oh, noooo! So sorry, Denise! Not just the packages but the headache! I get migraines frequently, so I can totally sympathise.

Susan_T 08-28-2007 04:05 AM

Wow. I can really sympathize. My children still talk about the day I chased down the UPS man. He drove slowly by my house and kept on going! I ran out jumped in my car and followed him. Sure enough, he had my box of stamps! He claimed my address didn't exist, but I'm thinking he was afraid of my neighbor's Great Dane. Anyway, now I have my orders sent to my husband's office. Hope your headache is gone now.

kphorse 08-28-2007 04:05 AM

The first time this happened, I was told you need to leave a signed note stating is was OK to leave the package without your being home.

I signed notes for UPS, FEDX and DHL - Of course, I have a fenced yard (10+ acres) with a electronic gate opener no one can get in and a guard dog no one likes! They simply leave the package over the gate.

Susan_T 08-28-2007 04:07 AM

I forgot to add: I live in NC. The stamps were from Oregon and I had been waiting forever. He was going to send them BACK as undeliverable address!!!

its_kristy 08-28-2007 06:38 AM

On the slip that they leave to notify you of an undeliverable package, there is generally a form that you can fill out with your sig, authorizing them to leave on your door if they come by again with no response.

bondgurl 08-28-2007 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan_T (Post 7003464)
Wow. I can really sympathize. My children still talk about the day I chased down the UPS man. He drove slowly by my house and kept on going! I ran out jumped in my car and followed him. Sure enough, he had my box of stamps! He claimed my address didn't exist, but I'm thinking he was afraid of my neighbor's Great Dane. Anyway, now I have my orders sent to my husband's office. Hope your headache is gone now.

That's just about the funniest thing I ever heard!!!

I had to go pick up a package from the Purolator off ice yesterday that they attempted to deliver on Friday. I hate when they call me with attitude saying they attempted delivery, now I have 5 days to pick up my package.

Like it's my fault I work outside the home and wasn't home at 2:30 when they knocked on my door.

gio 08-28-2007 07:16 AM

My UPS man is wonderful. He leaves my packages on the porch, rarely do I ever have to sign for them. Fedex has given me excellent service as well. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning when I know I have a stamp order coming!:D

jellybeanz 08-28-2007 07:18 AM

I live in Ontario and I've never had to sign for UPS. He just drops the boxes in the side porch, when I'm home I hear him drop the boxes and ring the doorbell on his way out, so I never speak to him. Canada post uses my front door (which we dont use) and I quite often miss the delivery because the doorbell doesn't work. Usually takes me a couple days to realize they've stuck a notice on that door too. Which reminds me to drive to the post office to go pick something up......