Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Enabling alert - Walmart (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/enabling-alert-walmart-537553/)

AZShann 09-10-2011 09:24 AM

Enabling alert - Walmart

I don't know if you all have seen the new craft selection at Walmart or not. They got rid of all the Cricut items and got all the G Studio stapms, stickles, ink pads, wood and clear stamps, cards, ribbon etc. They sell all the stuff for $.97, saving $.03 from michaels. A lot of cute items.

cookie1031 09-10-2011 09:46 AM

I just saw this a couple of days ago at one of our Walmarts and was really surprised. Meant to post it & forgot.

buggainok 09-10-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZShann (Post 18712704)
I don't know if you all have seen the new craft selection at Walmart or not. They got rid of all the Cricut items and got all the G Studio stapms, stickles, ink pads, wood and clear stamps, cards, ribbon etc. They sell all the stuff for $.97, saving $.03 from michaels. A lot of cute items.

Well then, I'm in big trouble! Walmart is near my house, and I shop there for lots of things several times a week.

Don't get me wrong - I go to Mike's too, but it's a special trip.

LLHotshot 09-10-2011 01:35 PM

Same old craft department at my Walmart. Scrapbooking stickers and Cricut accessories, small amount of paper...that's it. Maybe my Walmart is just behind the rest and all that good stuff will be coming(crossing her fingers)

Stampnf1n 09-10-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLHotshot (Post 18713082)
Same old craft department at my Walmart. Scrapbooking stickers and Cricut accessories, small amount of paper...that's it. Maybe my Walmart is just behind the rest and all that good stuff will be coming(crossing her fingers)

Where in Nebraska are you?

Bonnie

2CuteCats 09-10-2011 03:23 PM

I was at WalMart today and stumbled across this! Bought 2 Halloween stamps and some Halloween ribbon all for $.97 each! My WalMart still have the Cricut stuff though.

NYstamper 09-10-2011 03:42 PM

From what I have heard they are trying to revamp the stamp/ scrapbook selection, and in some of the stores bring back fabric. We were lucky, we didn't lose our fabric, and I talked to the dept mgr about the stamps and fro what she told me there will be, in our store at least, a 4 ft section that will rotate seasonally.( we are currently a small store, looking at going super center by next year.). Not sure what they are planning as a whole.

Loretia 09-10-2011 04:06 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I need to run to our Wal-Mart on Monday and I hope they have added what your store has! Always love being enabled - lol!

monkeymama 09-10-2011 04:08 PM

No changes at our Wal-Mart...will be on the lookout though.

Sambini 09-10-2011 04:09 PM

Hopefully my local store will have what yours does soon! Lucky you :)

craftymomto2 09-10-2011 04:30 PM

My Wal-Mart is just now stocking fabric, so glad they "hear" and bringing it back!

CardLadyToo 09-10-2011 06:28 PM

They have taken out the craft sections in all the Wally's in RI and the ones nearby RI in MA - no fabric, no yarn, no stamping items - just limited cake decorating items - been told they will not have much of a craft section when done remodeling all of them into Super wallys- they have pretty much lost me as a customer long ago - the craft section was really the only draw for me! Basically now only JoAnn's has fabric and they have raised their prices so high that it is not worth even sewing anymore - and the rest of the stuff along with Mike's is the same old stuff they have has for the past couple releases .... BORING!!!

sc magnolia 09-10-2011 06:51 PM

Small southern city here our supercenter has no change either :mad:

muscrat 09-10-2011 07:45 PM

My walmart made that change about two weeks ago. Still have Cricut cartridges, but they have the 97 cent items. Haven't bought anything because I'm not into Halloween, but once they switch to Thanksgiving or Christmas, I will probably start buying. I've been complaining about the craft department for quite a while now, so I was glad to see a change.

cat_woman 09-10-2011 09:08 PM

They still have all the same old stuff in the Walmart near my house, but they did start adding some Inkadinkado clear & cling mount stamps. The large sets that sells for $16.99 at Michaels (Canada) are only $7 at Walmart. They had some cute inchies (4/set) for $2. And I did see a new cuttlebug at one of the Walmarts a couple weeks ago, and it was BLACK! It looked really cool. I wish the Walmarts would bring back fabrics in my store. I use to love their $1.99/yd bins. I got some good deals out of there quite a few times. I wish too that they would bring back the selection of yarns they use to carry. Not that my yarn stash isn't as big as my stamp stash (and my fabric stash too for that matter :oops: )

heather_dw 09-10-2011 09:15 PM

I saw this in my walmart too, although their stamp selection is really lacking. I can't wait to see christmas stamps! Mine still has cricut stuff though too.

Allistamps123 09-11-2011 03:44 AM

Have to check today. It will be fun to just have an area of stamps to browse again, even if I'm not buying!

pjw2855 09-11-2011 04:06 AM

If Walmart is selling the craft items that cheap, wouldn't that mean the selection is cheap quality also?

I'm still a Cricut lover and always will be.

Patti

Bellegirl 09-11-2011 04:11 AM

I was positively THRILLED to find a section of Studio G items at my local Wal-Mart yesterday. Actually, it was kind of picked over and there wasn't a lot of selection to choose from. This pleased me as maybe they'll see there is a market for these products and keep stocking them. I was so disgusted when they revamped the craft area and pretty much cut out all stamping supplies. Now, maybe they've realized the error of doing that. I did buy 2 stamps at .97 each...not Halloween as I have so many and these were too similar to mine. It sure was fun though digging through their selection to see what I could find. I think I'll look forward to going to WM from now on!

caostampin 09-11-2011 06:13 AM

I'll have to check my Walmart later today. Both of the Supercenters in my area downsized their craft section but maybe they were just revamping them. It's worth a look.

Bellegirl 09-11-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caostampin (Post 18714523)
I'll have to check my Walmart later today. Both of the Supercenters in my area downsized their craft section but maybe they were just revamping them. It's worth a look.

FYI--my local WM had downsized their craft section, so this addition of Studio G products was quite a pleasant surprise! I hope you encounter this as well! Just so you know, the Studio G products were over by the scrapbooking paper packs, tools, and adhesives.

Allistamps123 09-11-2011 08:00 AM

Yes, my WM selection was picked over too, which I also thought was a good sign! I got a thanksgiving clear set, two wood mount sentiments & some cute brads.

I was happy to see these! I love studio g wood mount. They are super high quality. I do okay with the clear also.

I don't think I would have noticed these because I NEVER look in the scrapbooking section any more. THANKS!

Allistamps123 09-11-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855 (Post 18714280)
If Walmart is selling the craft items that cheap, wouldn't that mean the selection is cheap quality also?

I'm still a Cricut lover and always will be.

Patti

Sudio g wood mount stamps are wonderful quality. The clear are ok. I checked the quality of the dsp pack and no, it wasn't great quality but cute!

cat_woman 09-11-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123 (Post 18714723)
Sudio g wood mount stamps are wonderful quality. The clear are ok. I checked the quality of the dsp pack and no, it wasn't great quality but cute!

I haven't seen any Studio G patterned papers - not even in Michaels, so I'm hoping Walmarts in Canada start stocking the Studio G line. I love their little ink cubes - so many pretty colours and the price is right so you can justify having 50,000 colours (as my hubby puts it) :) I think even if the Studio G pp aren't the best quality, they might be good for layering or envelope liners. I know for sure, my niece would love any pp and if its cheap enough I wouldn't mind giving it to her.

CamD 09-12-2011 03:38 AM

Walmart across town has had the Studio G items for at least three weeks. Walmart nearest my house--nothing.

Loretia 09-12-2011 03:47 AM

Well, our Wal-Mart is clearly not updated yet. I finally got there yesterday and nothing!!!!! I'll keep hoping!

ellesart 09-12-2011 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLHotshot (Post 18713082)

You may see a change in the near future. The super Walmart about 1/2 hour from us made over the craft section about 3 weeks ago. The regular Walmart closest to me has just started putting craft stuff out. So I guess it depends on location and how quickly your store gets their stock on the shelves.

GarnetJ 09-12-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellesart (Post 18717390)
You may see a change in the near future. The super Walmart about 1/2 hour from us made over the craft section about 3 weeks ago. The regular Walmart closest to me has just started putting craft stuff out. So I guess it depends on location and how quickly your store gets their stock on the shelves.

I am going in to take a look next trip in to the "city."

LLHotshot 09-12-2011 02:08 PM

Stampnf1n--I am just outside of Lincoln.. went to WalMart today and Studio g on the shelf!

mof118 09-12-2011 04:09 PM

Springfield IL and Jacksonville IL both had lots of Studio G and yes, I bought at both places....somebody's got to jump start this economy,right?!? And especially when it's at $.97 a pop..!

Allistamps123 09-12-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_woman (Post 18714836)
I haven't seen any Studio G patterned papers - not even in Michaels, so I'm hoping Walmarts in Canada start stocking the Studio G line. I love their little ink cubes - so many pretty colours and the price is right so you can justify having 50,000 colours (as my hubby puts it) :) I think even if the Studio G pp aren't the best quality, they might be good for layering or envelope liners. I know for sure, my niece would love any pp and if its cheap enough I wouldn't mind giving it to her.

The paper is very CUTE and would be nice for envelope liners. I went to a different WM tonight and found four more stamps the other WM did not have. I'm loving this!

not2shabbydesigns 09-12-2011 04:39 PM

I like the way you think!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mof118 (Post 18719116)
Springfield IL and Jacksonville IL both had lots of Studio G and yes, I bought at both places....somebody's got to jump start this economy,right?!? And especially when it's at $.97 a pop..!

Do a good deed - buy some stamps at Wal-Mart and keep a mother employed.

If your husband says you don't need that just ask him, "How can we be so selfish? We must help others some time." lol

craftylover 09-13-2011 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellesart (Post 18717390)

This is good news to me I'm coming to Virginia in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to go crafty shopping over there again.