Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Enabler Alert - Staples Clearance (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/enabler-alert-staples-clearance-489456/)

Crafty Math Chick 04-29-2010 08:02 AM

Enabler Alert - Staples Clearance

Good morning,

I do not know if all Staples stores carry the same merchandise, but yesterday I found Really Useful Boxes that are regularly $3 each on clearance for 50 cents each. Both the .3L and the .7L sizes were 50 cents each. A good deal in my book! They lock shut and stack well too.

Note - only certain colors were on clearance for this low price - ours included red or green bottoms with clear tops and solid black ones. Colors can be seen here.

They also had 6 packs of legal pads on clearance for 50 cents and composition notebooks for 50 cents each and 3-packs of 3-subject wide-ruled spiral notebooks for 50 cents each also. And they had small bags of 5 colored clips shaped like stars and hearts and various shapes paper clips bagged up for 50 cents too. In case you shop for school or stocking stuffers early.

Like I said before, I do not now if all stores have the same items in clearance or not, so you might wish to call first. Just wanted to pass on the info. for anyone who was interested!

Have a good day! :)

SheilaKyles 04-29-2010 08:09 AM

ohh, I'm going there today! Thanks for the heads up!

tamijo 04-29-2010 09:50 AM

ooh, I'm close to staples now...

sprtchick 04-29-2010 12:34 PM

I wish we had Staples..be we do not here in Vegas... boo hooo....
blessings.

kwelch10377 04-29-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchick (Post 16601715)
I wish we had Staples..be we do not here in Vegas... boo hooo....
blessings.

There is one in North Las Vegas and another is suppose to open soon.

sprtchick 04-30-2010 08:03 AM

what...when did that happen....? Wow..I am so tickled...I will google that...ty ty ty.
blessings.

SheilaKyles 04-30-2010 02:48 PM

Nothing was on clearance at the Tualatin, OR location. BUMMER!

Crafty Math Chick 04-30-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheilaKyles (Post 16608889)
Nothing was on clearance at the Tualatin, OR location. BUMMER!

Sorry! :( Like I said, I didn't know if all Stapleses have the same clearance merchandise or not.

kwelch10377 04-30-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafty Math Chick (Post 16609140)
Sorry! :( Like I said, I didn't know if all Stapleses have the same clearance merchandise or not.

For a variety of reasons they don't ( I work for Staples corp office and have the inside scoop on some of this stuff :) )

kphorse 04-30-2010 05:28 PM

Oh yes...I was at ours last week and got 2 sets of 3 sizes in black and I have M&M's in some and my Dove Dark chocolate in the one and them some other goodies in others! they are wonderful little boxes!

sunifla1 04-30-2010 06:13 PM

I'll be on on a little bit. Need to put dd to bed.

sunifla1 04-30-2010 06:15 PM

Lol, wrong thread.

airbornewife 04-30-2010 06:31 PM

I've never used these boxes before, but would be interested in them if cards fit in them. I make large batches of cards to send to Iraq and Afghanistan for soldiers to send home to their loved ones and have about used up all the boxes I got at BigLots for $1.00. Does anyone know if these will hold regular size cards.

thanks in advance.. Pam

Crafty Math Chick 05-01-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewife (Post 16610363)
I've never used these boxes before, but would be interested in them if cards fit in them. I make large batches of cards to send to Iraq and Afghanistan for soldiers to send home to their loved ones and have about used up all the boxes I got at BigLots for $1.00. Does anyone know if these will hold regular size cards.

thanks in advance.. Pam

Afraid not, They are 4 3/4" x 3 1/8" x 2 1/2"

The only way cards fit in them is if they are standing upright in the portrait position withe the lids off (which kind of defeats the purpose of a box).

Sorry!

airbornewife 05-01-2010 10:24 AM

Thanks ~ I have a couple other BigLots that I need to go to and see if I can find more of them fold up boxes that snap together, they were only $1.00 and the cards fit perfectly in them.. plus when my husband handed out all the cards, he could just fold it down to pack them for bringing them home.

thanks again ~ Pam

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafty Math Chick (Post 16612720)
Afraid not, They are 4 3/4" x 3 1/8" x 2 1/2"

The only way cards fit in them is if they are standing upright in the portrait position withe the lids off (which kind of defeats the purpose of a box).

Sorry!

Crafty Math Chick 05-01-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewife (Post 16612788)
Thanks ~ I have a couple other BigLots that I need to go to and see if I can find more of them fold up boxes that snap together, they were only $1.00 and the cards fit perfectly in them.. plus when my husband handed out all the cards, he could just fold it down to pack them for bringing them home.

thanks again ~ Pam

Dollar Tree had something similar that sounds like it might work for you:

http://www.dollartree.com/school-off...6886/index.pro

airbornewife 05-01-2010 11:44 AM

thank you so much.. I'll check them out. I was having my husband bring them home because the boxes of cards I sent to Afghanistan I told them to reuse them for something else.. my brother is there now as is several friends, so I definitely need more boxes..

thanks again ~ Pam

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafty Math Chick (Post 16612904)
Dollar Tree had something similar that sounds like it might work for you:

http://www.dollartree.com/school-off...6886/index.pro

jhtpa 05-01-2010 12:17 PM

Thanks to the OP for letting us know. Glad that you got such a great deal.

:( These boxes were not in my Staples in PA.